Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
IF Bammer takes over #1 spot on Committees' Tues poll....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,604

IF Bammer takes over #1 spot on Committees' Tues poll....

Nov 9, 2015, 11:59 AM

then I know it's rigged for SEC since NO 1 LOSS team of any conference should be #1..imho.

What say you?

Keep ROCKing TiGERS..#1 today BABY!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: IF Bammer takes over #1 spot on Committees' Tues poll....

Nov 9, 2015, 12:05 PM

Well according to Mark May Bammer should be #1 because they could run on LSU's defense that is loaded with NFL talent.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mark May likes to connect the dots unless

Nov 9, 2015, 12:08 PM

the dots say Bama got beat at home by a 3 loss team!

It really doesn't bother me as long as we are in the top 4

Nov 9, 2015, 12:08 PM

I don't see why you guys get so bent out of shape over a number. Obviously, there resume isn't better than ours. They smashed LSU and have wins over a strong Wisc team whose only other loss is undefeated Iowa. We have the wins over FSU and ND and no loss. I get it. Yeah, they lost to a reeling Ole Miss team, but if you watched the game, it was pretty fluky. Luck was a big reason Ole Miss won that game. The thing is that there is some subjectivity to it all. It's easy to rationalize why they could potentially rank Alabama high. They have a consensus top 2 coach in the game (Saban) and they have the #1 recruiting class year after year. Henry has been a beast and their front 7 is looking dominant. Can you say with authority that we would beat them? No. So there is a subjective reason to rank them higher if one legitimately believes they would beat us more often than not. Now on resume alone, there really isn't a justification to rank them higher, but eye test wise and subjectively, there is. I'm not sure how the committee factors all of that in, but I'm just saying it's not the end of the world. I would almost rather our guys get bounced a spot or two just to give them a chip on their shoulder.

A loss is still a loss and they don't deserve it yet. A loss

Nov 9, 2015, 12:58 PM

to Miss. should hurt. undefeated should count for something. Okla St. deserves a spot before they do. Just because they are in the SEC, doesn't mean they should get a free pass.

Rational thinking has no place on Tigernet

Nov 9, 2015, 1:12 PM [ in reply to It really doesn't bother me as long as we are in the top 4 ]

You should be ashamed for expressing a such reasonable opinion.

Re: It really doesn't bother me as long as we are in the top 4

Nov 9, 2015, 2:51 PM [ in reply to It really doesn't bother me as long as we are in the top 4 ]

I think this is the most rational, non biased post ever on tnet. I agree with 100% of what you said. Great post and +1.

No one-loss team should be selected over

Nov 9, 2015, 1:07 PM

a legitimate zero-loss team. We have had big wins over ND and FSU.

If UAla jumps us, it will definitely be blatantly biased voting

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Just hope George Bush has Condie Rice voting for us..again!

Nov 9, 2015, 1:14 PM

LOL (made that up!) & GoTiGERS..Keep RocKing Em Men! #1 Baby!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

According to Mark May, that one loss was a fluke....

Nov 9, 2015, 1:15 PM

so it should not be considered or count against them (rolling eyes) especially since that one loss is now starting to look worse and worse.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

So, using that logic, UNC should be in the Top 4 as well

Nov 9, 2015, 2:45 PM

since they lost to one of the worst team in NCAA D1-FBS.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Nov 9, 2015, 1:23 PM

I don't think it will happen but it won't surprise me if it does. I'm just wondering what they're going to do with LSU. #2 lost to #4 in #4's house. I don't think they are out of the picture.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2015, 2:47 PM

We will stay at 1. Bama will move to 2. Not sure what OSU or the others did over the weekend. LSU is a one trick pony. You shut down LF and their entire offense crumbles to the ground. They may be at 4 or may be out of the top 4. Depends on what 5 and 6 did.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,604
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic