Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We should pay for the wall and let Mexico build it.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 653

We should pay for the wall and let Mexico build it.

Dec 15, 2018, 5:41 PM

If they put it on their side of the border the issues of eminant domain will vanish and they can put all those caravans to work building it. Pay for it by $/ft instead of handing them lump sums of money and supply the materials so they won't cut corners and have it fall apart in five years like everything else they send to America.

We do the inspections and hold their feet to the fire on quality control and testing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feliz Navidad.***

Dec 15, 2018, 6:11 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We should pay for the wall and let Mexico build it.

Dec 15, 2018, 7:33 PM

Might have to double up on the inspections, you remember the tales of horse hair stuffing and manure in those tuck and roll interior jobs down Mexico way. Otherwise what a brilliant solution to an ongoing issue. Could be a win win for all concerned. #### wall would come in under budget and ahead of schedule versus those lazy Americans. Say what you want but the guys that did my concrete work and pool area worked fast,hard and on budget. Not sure if i hollered ICE they would have been around long.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ICE is radically different than the INS.

Dec 15, 2018, 8:53 PM

ICE only goes after illegals who commit crimes other than border hopping. FYI, when illegals cross the border and are granted asylum they are issued VISAs. Those VISAs expire when their court date matures. Those court date are not set at the time the VISA is issued. Seldom does an employer look further than the date the VISA was issued and the name thereupon for the legal status of the bearer.

They can work their entire lives on a temporary VISA if they don't do something and get convicted of a crime. I think ICE would ignore a phonecall from someone attempting to report an illegal for being illegal.

All the whining from the MSM about illegals who hadn't broken other laws being deported was because ICE, when they arrest one for a crime will take everyone they find in the house. That suggest that ICE wants honest illegals to alienate those who break laws.

Imo, a VISA violation should be enough to get them deported. If one of us failed to show up for court the court would find against us in any suit or charge and we'd end up suffering for failure to appear.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We don't need a wall.

Dec 16, 2018, 12:42 PM

We've never needed a wall. No one ever considered building a wall until Trump made it a campaign issue.

It was a very smart move politically. The fact that it is virtually useless means exactly nada to most Trump supporters.

They want a wall because he wants a wall.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you propose to stop the flow of illegals?

Dec 16, 2018, 4:06 PM

According to what Border agents say the wall funnels them to softer crossings. We need something significant all across our border.

As far as anyone thinking the average man can climb a 32 Ft ladder and step out on a narrow wall, unless you've been at the top of a 32' ladder you can't say one way or the other. I've been way higher than that. I finished a beam in the Atrium Elevator at the G'ville Hyatt on cantilever scaffolding 8 floors over air while standing on a sheetrock mudbucket. The terror was nothing like climbing a ladder to 30' and stepping over the top onto the roof.

I've climbed since I was a teenager. I've been on buck scaffolding six floors on the exterior of a building putting sheathing and brick ties on metal studs. No prob. 24' on a ladder to caulk and paint a gable vent or carry the vent up the ladder and set it with a level, no prob, I'll knock that right out for you. There's something magic about that 30' rung on a ladder. The elevation of the top of Trump's wall was selected for a reason. They didn't just throw out a number for politics or rhetoric.

Try it, I'm sure you'll love it and coming down is just as heart pounding as ascending.

Re: How do you propose to stop the flow of illegals?

Dec 17, 2018, 9:01 PM

I see your point. I'd forego that ladder and use one of the many tunnels, or just fly/drive and overstay my visa like most illegals.

Trump's wall idea is a dumb waste.

~51,000 illegals crossed the southern border in...

Dec 18, 2018, 7:22 AM

October of 2017 and ~51,000 more in Nov.

The great majority of those illegals who 'overstayed,' their VISA didn't fly here. They crossed the Southern border and were issue work Visas as part of being granted asylum. A great percentage of those will 'overstay,' their visa by not appearing before a Federal court for their asylum hearing.

Don't let the facts get in the way of your talking points.

Re: We should pay for the wall and let Mexico build it.

Dec 18, 2018, 7:34 AM

We don't need the wall Trump promised, but there are sections where we need more wall. There is actually a spot near San Ysidro where there needs to be more wall. That spot is in a heavy populated area too. That said, since Trump said Mexico was paying for it, I hope we don't spend a dime on the wall and just beef up technology and men on the ground. I also hope we find ways to lower incentives for illegal immigrants who want to attempt to get in.

Replies: 8
| visibility 653
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic