Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I wouldn't vote for Vice President Biden under
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 49
| visibility 926

I wouldn't vote for Vice President Biden under

Jun 2, 2020, 10:40 AM

any realistic circumstances, but this quote is hammer-meet-head. That said, I'd also recommend to Mr. Biden to open it up sometime and read Psalm 139. Shoot, this goes for every politician out there.

(Talking about the President Trump and the Bible)

"I just wish he opened it once in a while instead of brandishing it."

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I wouldn't vote for Vice President Biden under

Jun 2, 2020, 10:45 AM

Trump, due to his narcissism is darned if he does and darned if he doesnt.

Anything he attempts is construed or perceived as a ploy or a plot for something larger, it cant just be what it is....maybe he decided, I need to grab a bible, say some prayers as I walk alone to the Church. Who knows what was in his head. Maybe is was just a ploy to get on TV and excite the base.

Whatever it truly was, only he and God know and I am not the one to judge for his actions. There are many times I would like to just go and walk the path behind our church and say prayers. I am just lucky that my buds that saw me hammered the night before, dont judge me and know that I am doing what I do. Its just how I roll. Maybe Trump is the same, who knows.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He wouldn't be darned for not using a bible as a prop.***

Jun 2, 2020, 10:46 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's almost like people don't trust him.

Jun 2, 2020, 10:47 AM [ in reply to Re: I wouldn't vote for Vice President Biden under ]

glad he's not in a position where the world needs to be able to trust him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

It's my vote, so I have to judge.

Jun 2, 2020, 10:50 AM [ in reply to Re: I wouldn't vote for Vice President Biden under ]

And you're right that only he knows what he was thinking.

I admit I haven't watched the video, but by the descriptions, it is hard to see it as anything but a cynical display. It is just very difficult to look at the behavior of Donald Trump and think that he is driven by a strong Christian faith. That's just my opinion. Again, doesn't mean I won't vote for him, but it does mean that I look at displays like holding a Bible in front of a church as disingenuous.

null

He said while running for office that he’s never

Jun 2, 2020, 11:03 AM

Asked for Gods forgiveness. He eats his little wafer and drinks his little wine, but he tries hard never to do anything he would need to ask for God’s forgiveness. I think we know where he’s coming from.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He said while running for office that he’s never

Jun 2, 2020, 2:40 PM

Have you? I didn't vote for him because of his faith. But his many policies he supports make me think he probably has stronger faith than what imagined.. Again, most that voted for him were not looking for a minister, they were looking for a different direction for the country.

Jun 2, 2020, 2:56 PM

Look ########

Jun 2, 2020, 4:14 PM

I am neither an atheist nor an agnostic. I have been a follower of Jesus Christ since I was old enough to pray. Your President is the single most full of #### human being who has ever held the office.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 2, 2020, 11:36 PM [ in reply to Re: He said while running for office that he’s never ]

T3Tiger said:

It's funny how most of the people on here criticizing Trump's faith are themselves either atheists or agnostics. They also presume that because someone has sinned they cannot possibly be a Christian, which is pretty funny and ironic and not even worth addressing.

I judge Trump by the policies he is implementing...which are support for law and order, support for the right to life, support for religious leaders, and others.

That's funny.

Mostly what TheRump is doing has to do with enriching his family and feeding his ego.
He couldn't care less about anything else.

TheRump is the Anti-Christ, and you have been conned. Don't drink his posion kool-aid when he tries to turn the US into a satelite of Russia, with himself as dictator for life.

Re: It's my vote, so I have to judge.

Jun 2, 2020, 11:23 AM [ in reply to It's my vote, so I have to judge. ]

I was watching when it happened. 100% symbolic. I never thought he was visiting the church for anything but a photo op. Heck he took some of his staff with him, stood in front of the church, took a photo and returned.

I think it was to show an area that was full of people 30 minutes early had been cleared out long enough for the President to walk across the street and have his picture taken.

This is what we can do if you need us to do it. Nothing more that that.

My thought was it also opens the door for actually running the protesters our of cities and into the burbs as has been mentioned.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 2, 2020, 11:57 AM

Well said, sir.

Now...who are you and what have you done with the real Memphis Tiger?

Jun 2, 2020, 12:53 PM

You, as others, have mistaken me for MemphisCat.

Honestly try to stay out of the political stuff on here but it's about the only thing going right now.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

On that note

Jun 2, 2020, 1:27 PM

He changed his username to T3Tiger***

Jun 2, 2020, 1:30 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good one Dave. Keep harassing.

Jun 2, 2020, 1:42 PM

Jun 2, 2020, 1:37 PM [ in reply to Re: It's my vote, so I have to judge. ]

You, as others, have mistaken me for MemphisCat.

Honestly try to stay out of the political stuff on here but it's about the only thing going right now.

Ah...thank you. I seriously had the Confuse.

I had never seen anyone's IQ rise so sharply before. It was kind of a head-turning little heel-turn, there. I was like: "wah?

You might want to put a disclaimer on your handle: NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH THE ALT-RIGHT WHITE SUPREMACIST RUSSIAN SPAMBOT.

I can only imagine some of the friendly fire you've caught already. Like: hey. What did I do?

I don't expect political leaders to be...

Jun 2, 2020, 3:16 PM [ in reply to It's my vote, so I have to judge. ]

someone to look to for spiritual guidance. Frankly, I look directly at God everyday for my guidance.

All I saw was a president carrying a Bible to a church which had been attacked by those who surely don't give a ###### about churches. On his way he passed through areas which had been vandalized. He seemed to make the statement 'I will not allow this, I stand with religious people ready to defend their places of worship and liberty.'

He schussed the reporters trying to have a moment of solitude. I'm considered his actions as speaking volumes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't expect political leaders to be...

Jun 2, 2020, 3:23 PM

someone to look to for spiritual guidance. Frankly, I look directly at God everyday for my guidance.

All I saw was a president carrying a Bible to a church which had been attacked by those who surely don't give a ###### about churches. On his way he passed through areas which had been vandalized. He seemed to make the statement 'I will not allow this, I stand with religious people ready to defend their places of worship and liberty.'

He schussed the reporters trying to have a moment of solitude. I'm considered his actions as speaking volumes.

Like...wow.

I have no words.

We know what the President thinks about the Bible's

Jun 2, 2020, 10:53 AM [ in reply to Re: I wouldn't vote for Vice President Biden under ]

teachings from his words and actions, every day. We know what is in his heart, by what he says and does. "Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaketh." That's the same way you know what is in my heart, by what I post here.

I would never criticize him for "not posing with a Bible," anymore than I would criticize Dabo Swinney for not saying "Go #####!" when he visits Columbia. Why would he, and why would anyone expect it?

What I don't like is the implication of this photo op, that Christians are stupid people who think that holding up a Bible for a photo means anything.

I too like to take reflective walks after teargassing

Jun 2, 2020, 10:54 AM [ in reply to Re: I wouldn't vote for Vice President Biden under ]

demonstrators. He’s just like you and me!!!

Re: I too like to take reflective walks after teargassing

Jun 2, 2020, 10:56 AM

demonstrators lol

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The ones at the White House that night? Yeah.***

Jun 2, 2020, 10:58 AM

^^^morelies^^^^***

Jun 2, 2020, 12:08 PM [ in reply to I too like to take reflective walks after teargassing ]

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Dude...

Jun 2, 2020, 11:01 AM [ in reply to Re: I wouldn't vote for Vice President Biden under ]

This is bigger than what you posted. This isn’t a “who knows why he did that” moment. This is a “it doesn’t matter why” moment. He tear gassed peaceful protestors, including priests, to drive them away from a church that he wanted to stand in front of and hold up a bible. Its insane to defend it in any way. I’ve not been a constant trump badger on here. I’ve clearly never liked him, but I’ve tried not to get sucked into long debates. What he did was beyond his normal. I’m reading accounts by priests and seminary students of concussion grenades and rubber bullets used to drive Protestors and EMTs away from the church so that fat ### could stand there holding up a book he’s never read.

Can't let Biden get the better photo op

Jun 2, 2020, 11:04 AM

was probably pissed they made him hide in a bunker all weekend.

I like your funny words magic man

holding the Bible, he looked like he was holding a

Jun 2, 2020, 11:46 AM [ in reply to Dude... ]

lit Roman candle, leery of it exploding in the wrong direction.

Edit: not "The" Bible, not "his" Bible, but "A" Bible. I imagine the story about where "A" Bible came from is out by now, but I'm not searching for news at this point.

Message was edited by: NoIntroduction®
"is out by now"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is the bigger issue ALL Americans...

Jun 2, 2020, 12:12 PM [ in reply to Dude... ]

...Where ALL Americans should be appalled.

It's one thing if these were the violent looters or people posing a legitimate threat to the president as he goes about his business.

These people were peaceful, unarmed, and were not there to harm anyone. And the president, 25 minutes before curfew, ordered them attacked and cleared with violence and force so he could pose for a photo op.

It's disgusting. There isn't a single American who should cheer this, unless said American wants a much different version of the government we have now.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: This is the bigger issue ALL Americans...

Jun 2, 2020, 12:20 PM

Wait, are you serious?

Jun 2, 2020, 12:21 PM

I watched the whole thing on CNN. They had a camera trained on them for an hour as they protested outside the White House while SS and National Guard watched. Bill Barr stood there and watched them too. Then, suddenly, police threw on gas masks, moved in, and fired tear gas to push them back. Mounted officers then moved in and fired rubber bullets.

This was all captured on live TV. How did you miss it?

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

BTW, this all went down...

Jun 2, 2020, 12:22 PM

About 5 or 10 minutes before Trump took the podium. Very calculated.

Like I said

Jun 2, 2020, 12:27 PM [ in reply to Wait, are you serious? ]

Oh, Jesus Christ. Here.

Jun 2, 2020, 12:33 PM

I'm sure it won't do any good. You refuse to believe that Trump is capable of any wrongdoing, and somehow, you'll watch this video and spin it to favor the authorities.

And who the #### cares about the skin color of people in the protests? Who said only black people are supposed to be protesting?

Please give me a time stamp of any protester you see in here doing something violent or not peaceful.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2020/06/01/white-house-protesters-donald-trump-white-speech-sot-vpx.cnn

Re: Oh, Jesus Christ. Here.

Jun 2, 2020, 12:42 PM

Hold up.

Jun 2, 2020, 12:47 PM

You, as an American, and a supposed conservative Christian, are only going to listen to the problem of federal authorities attacking peaceful protesters with tear gas and rubber bullets for a presidential photo op only if I start worrying about the destructive stuff?

Wow. That's a ###### up mentality.

I would think someone who claims to be a conservative--which opposes federal government overreach and abuse--and a Christian--someone who should believe in loving thy neighbor and supporting those who exercise peace in the face of violence and authority--would quickly denounce this action.

Well, I've already said I don't condone violence or destruction during demonstrations, so I guess you can start listening.

And who the #### is Jorge The Tortuga? Why should I believe anything he says? Why do you?

Re: Hold up.

Jun 2, 2020, 12:52 PM

Re: Hold up.

Jun 2, 2020, 3:27 PM

I mean, get tired of it all you want. Don't claim to be something while espousing views that fly right in the face of such ideology.

My proposal is let police and local governments do the job. It's not a fast process. And certainly don't crack down on the peaceful protesters. Let them be. Focus law enforcement solely on looters, violent demonstrators, etc. Meet with leaders of the peaceful protesters and start working for change. It won't be a fast or easy process.

But do not turn our military on the citizenry. Every problem isn't a nail.

Re: Oh, Jesus Christ. Here.

Jun 2, 2020, 3:28 PM [ in reply to Oh, Jesus Christ. Here. ]

I haven't watched them all, especially the ones during the day, but everyone I've watched at night has turned violent, with looting, arson, hurling bricks, destruction of property, sucker punching folks. I'm surprised more protesters haven't been seriously injured. Most folks arrested have been from out of state and part of an organized riot. Nothing good will come form this bs, only more destruction and injury.

Did you hear about the child that was burned alive because they protesters set a building on fire, blocked the entry way and blocked the street preventing fire and rescue from rescuing the child?

One would have to be a sorry pos to support these antics.

But.........................

Jun 2, 2020, 3:41 PM

But..............

The video I linked wasn't to any of that. Those were the peaceful protesters.

And no one here supports the violence.

Here's a video from an Australian media crew...

Jun 2, 2020, 3:57 PM [ in reply to Oh, Jesus Christ. Here. ]

<###### async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8">

Re: Here's a video from an Australian media crew...

Jun 2, 2020, 4:38 PM

Yeah, I was watching another 16-minute clip from an Aussie film crew from Channel 9 that was in the middle of it in Minneapolis.

The cops did better there - and DIDN'T attack the protestors - but the Aussies were still just in open-mouthed awe at how far and how fast stuff had descended. They said one time: "This is America, not Lebanon."

The rest of the world is watching this like it's a horror show. They know what's at stake.

In the context of our "America first" policy and standing

Jun 2, 2020, 5:05 PM

it has to seem even more alarming and scary. America has been the de facto leader in the world, but with a stated goal of destroying that standing and now seeing such incompetence, mismanagement, and authoritarian abuses they must really be wondering where the international leadership is going to come from. There is a power vacuum that hasn't been since pre-WW2 and it's alarming to think about what the future may hold on a global scale, let alone in our own country.

Staffers said the police violence was the best photo opp

Jun 2, 2020, 12:32 PM [ in reply to Wait, are you serious? ]

of the day, in their view. Quite telling.

At least the White House staffers were being honest about what really happened.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry, man. This is indefensible.

Jun 2, 2020, 12:13 PM [ in reply to Re: I wouldn't vote for Vice President Biden under ]

And I think you know deep down this is a very, very bad look.

Re: I wouldn't vote for Vice President Biden!

Jun 2, 2020, 2:24 PM [ in reply to Re: I wouldn't vote for Vice President Biden under ]

I remember seeing Bill Clinton tote his bible around on Sundays, and then next day answering questions about his affairs with Monica and others. Being married to hillary though is all we need to understand why he was so attracted to other women.

Yeah but, Rutherford B. Hayes was worse...***

Jun 2, 2020, 2:31 PM

Bishop Budde said it most poignantly

Jun 2, 2020, 11:07 AM

Felt he should have at prayed instead of using the church as a prop. Has anyone ever actually see the man in prayer? Or maybe even, a bit of meditation? Is there even a hint of spirituality to his character?

https://sports.yahoo.com/washingtons-episcopal-bishop-being-outraged-140130236.html
">

Re: Bishop Budde said it most poignantly

Jun 2, 2020, 2:34 PM

Shouldn't prayer be done in private? If the media saw him pray don't you think they would have a field day with that.
I don't think I've ever seen a president really pray in public. Would it just be for show?

As posted above, I remember seeing Clinton walking around on Sunday's carrying his Bible and then was answering questions about Monica the next day in press meetings.

I don't have to see anyone in public prayer to understand their faith. The policies they support tells more than seeing them on TV praying or talking about religion.

Yeah, it is private, maybe why it was so offensive

Jun 2, 2020, 4:56 PM

This man understands stagecraft. Every public move he makes seems to be designed to provoke a reaction and make a spectacle.

That he would make the effort to walk over to the boarded-up church with a bible in hand, wave it around a little bit, was simply a public spectacle and I can understand why people of faith see it negatively. And this just after threatening in the speech just prior to bring out the US military, uninvited, by using Insurrection law for the first time since the early 1800s.

Combined with the beat-down of legally gathered protesters, it became the perfect trifecta of authoritarian messaging. As the Bishop said, this message was antithetical to the church she represents.

Re: Yeah, it is private, maybe why it was so offensive

Jun 2, 2020, 5:55 PM

Sorry, I did't see it that way and I found myself questioning or disagreeing with the bishops intent.

Replies: 49
| visibility 926
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic