Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Past 3 yrs we've beaten (out coached) the same teams usc jrs lost to, so I can assure you that our recent
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,094

Past 3 yrs we've beaten (out coached) the same teams usc jrs lost to, so I can assure you that our recent

Dec 9, 2013, 7:56 PM

Slide with the coots has nothing to do with coaching. Remember they were out coached by UGA, LSU and AU in years in which we out coached the veey same teams.

It's a mind thing now, and our players and coaches putting too much pressure on themselves leading up to, and during the game. Fan's perpetual doom and gloom attitudes don't help matters much whenever it comes to these kids coming here to read what people are saying when the coaches aren't over their shoulders waiting to reprimand them for littering their minds with the poison that's spewed regularly by our own fan base.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wouldn't say auburn

Dec 9, 2013, 8:02 PM

Out coached us. I would say Stephen Garcia garciad us.

Re: Past 3 yrs we've beaten (out coached) the same teams usc jrs lost to, so I can assure you that our recent

Dec 9, 2013, 8:05 PM

The slide will end next November and it will all be back to normal. Usc will not win the SEC and then they will be back to losing to us.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the point is that

Dec 9, 2013, 8:05 PM

Pretty much everybody wants to point to our losses as coaching failures including coots that mock Dabo. Garcia may have Garcia'd you but we don't get the benefit of the doubt that we got Tajh'd it is just all Dabo's fault.

Re: I think the point is that

Dec 9, 2013, 8:08 PM

I agree, some of your posters are way to critical of dabo. Clemson is going in the right direction as a program but they just seem to be missing one thing. Honestly I can't even figure out what it is. Just something missing. USC has one thing missing as well, that's the sense of urgency to play hard regardless of the opponent. I.e. Tennessee

Some Clemson fans make this just as bad as some SCAR fans

Dec 9, 2013, 8:13 PM

I'm just as burnt we lost as anybody. But some of us can't handle it and can't stop beaching about it. That honestly bugs me more than any coot heckling and tbh most of my coot friends have been very cool about the rivalry of late. Wish they could see what Dabo is doing for the program from a national standpoint and not get tunnel vision on the SCAR game.

Re: Some Clemson make this just as bad as some SCAR fans

Dec 9, 2013, 8:18 PM

Yeah, I honestly haven't heckled a single Clemson buddy of mine at all aside from one picture they even thought was hilarious. I honestly like coming over here to see y'all's opinions on most things. I've legitimately been surprised at the amount of talk still going on about USC. Dabo has done wonders, put y'all in the national spotlight. Spurrier has done wonders as well but you can't compare the two Bc it's just not exactly the same situation honestly. Both programs are rising up and it's good for each other that the rivalry is heating up with both teams being higher ranked.

Re: Some Clemson make this just as bad as some SCAR fans

Dec 9, 2013, 8:18 PM

Yeah, I honestly haven't heckled a single Clemson buddy of mine at all aside from one picture they even thought was hilarious. I honestly like coming over here to see y'all's opinions on most things. I've legitimately been surprised at the amount of talk still going on about USC. Dabo has done wonders, put y'all in the national spotlight. Spurrier has done wonders as well but you can't compare the two Bc it's just not exactly the same situation honestly. Both programs are rising up and it's good for each other that the rivalry is heating up with both teams being higher ranked.

Re: Past 3 yrs we've beaten (out coached) the same teams usc jrs lost to, so I can assure you that our recent

Dec 9, 2013, 8:26 PM

OK, since you brought it up. Spurrier's barbs have never been directed at Dabo, the coaches, or the Tiger players. His sly barbs, cutting remarks, and zingers have always been designed to infuriate the most loyal and vocal Tiger fans, get it? After a few wins (like 3 or four in a row), the Tiger fans don't want to just beat Spurrier-they want to kill him! The next part of the plan is to get the fans so worked up that they start pleading with the players and coaches that "they have to win this year". When the players step on the field, they're now carrying tons of irrational hatred and pressure toward Spurrier and his team. A close win won't suffice, we've got to bury them. People play tight, mistakes are made, nobody plays loose, except the other team. I suggest you read "The Art of War", which has been Spurrier's blueprint for psychological warfare for most of his career. But you are correct, it is a mind game, and Spurrier know it and keeps winning because of Clemson's hatred for him.

The problem is.....

Dec 9, 2013, 8:28 PM

we are putting too much emphasis i.e. "pressure" on ourselves and the players for that 1 game. We need to treat it like every other game and just play Clemson football - regardless of the opponent. We do what we are capable of doing, protect the football, block, tackle, and play disciplined. The scoreboard then takes care of itself.

Go Tigers !!

Yeah, coaches say they treat every game the same.. but then I hear dabo talking about how this is the biggest acc game in history w/ FSU

Dec 9, 2013, 8:42 PM

and about how huge a win is for the rivalry game, bragging rights, etc...

Those aren't topics he should be discussing. All he's doing is putting more pressure on himself, the coaches, and the PLAYERS.

How about, "yep, it's a big game, just like BC and Cuse were big games. The goal is to win them all, and this is just another team in the standing in the way of our doing that. They've prepared reall well all week, now that they know what the plan is, only thing left for em to do is go have some fun and enjoy making plays."

If there's one major flaw I've seen, its that he DOESN'T treat every game the same. His main goal during the offseason should be to read whatever books and find whatever mentors will help him to keep the pressure low, and the fun, physical, big time play making, at it's highest levels. Main job needs to be to figure out a way to motivate the players to play physical while having fun and playing loose on the big stage.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,094
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic