Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Player Update: Stat changes - No INT for Boyd
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 2,703

Football Player Update: Stat changes - No INT for Boyd

Sep 25, 2011, 3:57 PM

Stat changes - No INT for Boyd

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Player Update: Stat changes - No INT for Boyd

Sep 25, 2011, 8:10 PM

Great to see that this was reviewed and made right:

(other than the fact that if you freeze frame the knee on the ground the ball is still in contact with Tajh's hand)

I spoke with SID Tim Bourret after the game and asked him to review the play, that I was convinced the "Pass" was backwards even though I thought the ball slipped out of his hands before the arm went forward anyway. This now means that Tajh is somwhere around 120 straight passes without an interception!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Player Update: Stat changes - No INT for Boyd

Sep 26, 2011, 2:22 AM

Yeah, I just looked at it again, again, again....and again, about 15 minutes worth LOL After you keep freeze stopping the motion, after awhile you get an occasional different frame..the best ones are described here.
His arm is horizontal, with his hand on top of the ball..his knee at that point is 1 1/2" to 2" at the most from the ground based on the profile proportions of his calf. The next best frame is arm is mostly back with fingers still grasping ball, and by this time his knee is well in contact with the ground...the next best frame the ball is just leaving his hand, and as I just mentioned in the previous frame, his knee was already on the ground.
Seems pretty straight forward to me, after reviewing the footage that many times. He was down.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wouldn't say I have state of the art equipment with which

Sep 26, 2011, 7:39 AM

to review this play officially but my dvr can freeze and move frames slowly enough that it takes ten clicks for the ESPiN banner to change. That is somewhere, by guestimate, around 9-13 or 14 frames per second. I have 9 frames worth of Tajh's knee appearing to be down before the ball leaves his hand.

I'll swear before a sitting judge that the knee's contact with the ground jarred the ball out of his hand.

Conclusion: 35-30 Clemson!

suck it officials we beat your azzes and the injuns too!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 2,703
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic