Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Headhunting
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,722

Headhunting

Jan 7, 2019, 11:20 AM

I hope that the refs will pay attention to the head hunting that Bama typically does in big games tonight.

I think we saw it a little bit in the Oklahoma game.

You can count on them taking some huge shots at Lawrence, ETN, and whoever else they see as being a key to our game. Usually these shots are high. Concussion protocol at this point takes a player out of the game for extended time even if the player does not actually have a concussion.

I would like to think this would be watched but I'm not that naive.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wouldn't expect any calls but

Jan 7, 2019, 11:35 AM

Bama will certainly be headhunting. They have done it the past, do it to other teams and I don't see officials disqualifying a key player unless its just blatant.

Re: I wouldn't expect any calls but

Jan 7, 2019, 11:42 AM

I would argue that it was blatant a few times in '16 when we won and it still wasn't called.

Re: I wouldn't expect any calls but

Jan 7, 2019, 12:10 PM

There was at least 3 blatant targeting plays that weren't called. Only one of those were even called a penalty. This hit on Deshaun that the player tried to take his head off should have been targeting instead of just a personal foul. Fortunately, the rules have changed since then that allows the replay official to call down and review them. If they go after TF16 we need to go after Tua's legs. Those will rarely get called unless they are extremely late and will never be called targeting. One thing for sure is if bama does have a couple of targeting calls then they will be really hurting in depth because Saban doesn't substitute like we do. Bama's depth would be a big reason to go fast on offense. their players were starting to drop like flies against Oklahoma. As it is we haven't heard anything about their starting LB other than he may not play. I see it as a liability for them if he does because he's going to be limited on his legs.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just thinking the same!

Jan 7, 2019, 11:47 AM

I'm sure BAMA will take dirty shots at TL! I pray: Lord - please protect our boy and our team! GO TIGERS!!

I hope we do some headhunting of our own

Jan 7, 2019, 11:48 AM

they will be trying to take out our best players. you can take that to the bank.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hope we do some headhunting of our own

Jan 7, 2019, 11:57 AM

Unfortunately it seems to get called on the opposing team when Bama is on offense but not so much on Bama when Bama is on defense.

I hope we have some missiles ready.... to answer them

Jan 7, 2019, 11:58 AM

if that's what they ask for.

Re: I hope we have some missiles ready.... to answer them

Jan 7, 2019, 12:14 PM

That's right! What goes around, comes around. Just have to make sure if we lose a player, then the Bama player is gone too!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,722
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic