Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I would rather have Battle
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 952

I would rather have Battle

Sep 19, 2013, 11:57 PM

out there playing with some intensity instead of Timothy giving up multiple sacks

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I would rather have Battle

Sep 20, 2013, 12:15 AM

what Battle did wasn't intensity; rather, it was immaturity. it was wrong to punch somebody---it's really simple. let's not try to complicate the issue.

Unfortunately Battle has taken that option away

Sep 20, 2013, 12:18 AM

fromaway from our coaches, at least for a game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Danny would've chewed him out in public but would've made sure

Sep 20, 2013, 12:25 AM

he got two skull and crossbones on his helmet for it...

Look, a big part of Clemson's success from 1977-1990 was that we were perceived as mean-spirited and dangerous. You never knew when someone might try to take your head clean off your shoulders. You knew better than to talk trash - you really just wanted to get out of the Clemson game in one piece.

Welcome to Clemson football, Mr. Battle. Take your medicine, but keep your head up high...

Agreed, seems some on this board prefer a CTB OL over CDF

Sep 20, 2013, 12:31 AM

one.

Nathan Bennett is exempt from the CTB OL, btw.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As much I love Dabo Sweeney and as much as Tommy Bowden

Sep 20, 2013, 12:49 AM

reminded me of a whiny, sniveling little brat, it pains me to admit that we haven't really hit anyone since 2005 when David Dunham put a decent lick on Matt Ryan.

In the old days, you had players like Andy Headen, James Earle, and yes even fine, upstanding Jeff Davis standing over a damaged opposing player writhing on the ground in pain, arms raised over their head x'ing them out with a skull and crossbones. Danny Ford, Tom Harper, etc., encouraged it. Today, the hit would probably bring an ejection, the clear and obvious taunting of an injured player would guarantee it. I wish it hadn't happened in a dead ball situation tonight, but a few - more strategically placed- ejections can go a long way to making pantywaists like NC State dread playing us again...They sure as hades won't consider talking trash...

Ah the Dunham hit.

Sep 20, 2013, 12:59 AM

Our ST coverage team took a HUGE loss when DD graduated.

I'm thinking/hoping BV's system brings us back to the days of headhunting LBs like the days of Coach Ford. DD was out of his time while at Clemson.

As far as secondary players Justin Miller and Deandre McDaniel come to mind under Bowden's watch. Even though DM wasn't unleashed until Dabo got control and made Vic K attack.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 952
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic