Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Weekend getaway ideas...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 487

Weekend getaway ideas...

Nov 5, 2020, 8:16 AM

My birthday is next weekend.

What do I want? To be left alone to do projects around the house. Maybe hunt and fish some. Drink some beer and liquor. Throw my phone in a desk drawer for a weekend. Maybe get some stink on my dink a few times... That's about it.

What does my wife insist on doing? A fun weekend getaway. Either me and her, or the whole family. She keeps on me about picking a destination. Myrtle Beach, Savannah, Edisto, Asheville, Nashville, Memphis (?!?), Dollywood, every other frickin town in Tennessee.... I'm not opposed to doing it, but it just sounds like money and me sitting around a hotel room and being dragged around by her and the kids.

I'm old enough to know that it's not about me anymore... and I'm perfectly fine with that. I just can't think of a single thing I want to do in another town, state, whatever.

Anyways, semi-depressing rant over... DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY GOOD IDEAS FOR A WEEKEND GETAWAY?

Let me hear them. Maybe something will peak my interest.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Weekend Getaway to Nashville

Nov 5, 2020, 8:22 PM

for her and her gal-pals. Kids go to the Grandparents for the weekend as well. She spends all weekend grinding on other guys dingalings and gets all hot and bothered, comes home nasty and sweaty on Monday and puts it on you like never before because she is thinking of the other guys and missed out on some c0ckandballs.

You get to do what you want for the weekend and she gets what she wants.

I know this won't happen, enjoy Asheville though with the kids. When we were there, restaurants were open with outdoor seating but it is getting colder now, may not be as much fun.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude, are you gay?

Nov 5, 2020, 8:22 AM

The only option is taking her to Hurl Rock in Myrtle Beach, leaving the kids and dogs behind and knocking the bottom out of it for a few days and eating all the funnel cakes you can bear.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NO

Nov 5, 2020, 8:29 AM

wut

TIL what Hurl Rock is***

Nov 5, 2020, 8:30 AM [ in reply to Dude, are you gay? ]

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mom and Dad took us for a spur of the moment

Nov 5, 2020, 8:34 AM

weekend trip one time that was above and beyond the two 5-day high-dollar Springmaid vacays down in the dirty myrtle. We stayed at the Hurl rock because it was the only thing open on a labor day weekend.

I was young. This must have been 1996. My brother was like 5 and was looking out the window when we left and said "Daddy, I know why they call it the hurl rock. Because it makes you wanna hurl." as we were leaving. Mom and Dad busted out laughing. They knew it was a dump but we had fun anyway.

We enjoy a cabin in the woods somewhere along

Nov 5, 2020, 8:24 AM

the Blue Ridge. Have a camp fire or hot tub, relax with some imbibing, and then do some hikes during the day. Beautiful time of year there too.

Probably not as fun with kids though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

That last statement is the key. Those trips are great

when you have someone to watch the kids.

I read that it was an option to be kidless, and then I would

Nov 5, 2020, 8:26 AM

recommend that. Krzywife and I are doing that in two weekends, looking forward to it.

I also bring a spare TV that has Roku baked in so we can watch from my Plex server if needed in the evening or if weather sucks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Yeah, I agree 100%. We keep planning that trip then

Nov 5, 2020, 8:30 AM

realize we got nobody to watch the kids and that changes that trip dramatically. Couples need kid-free getaways every now and then.

^^^this is my favorite kind of trip^^^***

Nov 5, 2020, 8:25 AM [ in reply to We enjoy a cabin in the woods somewhere along ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

oh man, wives like to give you birthday's they would like...

my favorite was a surprise party doing one of those mystery murder games...it was soooo much fun.

All I can offer is my commiseration. No ideas here.

Happy early Brithday.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You and daughter dress up as

Nov 5, 2020, 8:25 AM

Proud Boys. Wife and son dress up as Antifa.

Start a brawl with each other in every SC town starting with M.

If you need to burn come calories, come help me

Nov 5, 2020, 8:27 AM

Plant about 20 trees and shrubs. My mrs is going to Nashville with her sis to help nephew move into his Brentwood apartment.

I highly suggest you and the Mrs. take a romantic getaway

Nov 5, 2020, 8:29 AM

weekend to Fort Motte, SC.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fort Motte cracks me up

Nov 5, 2020, 9:20 AM

When wife said, "Memphis" last night, I said, "well if we're just naming cities that we have heard of,how about Shreveport, Birmingham, Mobile, Little Rock, North Augusta, Statesboro, Tallahassee...."

I forgot about Fort Motte.

Of course you forgot.

Nov 5, 2020, 9:43 AM

IT'S THE FORGOTTEN JEWEL OF THE MIDLANDS.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hear the Hampton Inn across from the Outlet Mall in

Concord is nice.

You can sit on the bench in front of the aquarium at Bass Pro Shops and dream of what could have been while she spends all your money at the Outlet Mall.

Kids can run amuck going back and forth telling telling you every time she bought something.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Love Savannah, highly suggest it

haven't been to Nashville although I heard that Obed®'s liquor cabinet will be open and if you can spout the right LAX terms, he'll let you have a few White Claws

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it's YOUR birthday, pull rank for once

Nov 5, 2020, 8:31 AM

if she insists you just HAVE to go somewhere, say you want to go to the Museum of Death, or some other really disturbing place.

https://www.insider.com/best-true-crime-vacations-2018-5

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Send them to Tennessee, Johnson City will do.

Nov 5, 2020, 8:32 AM

Have them go to all of the Food City's and pick up all the Lone Star they can find. Then bring that to my house where you are helping me finish projects while we drink up the current supply of Lone Star.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Leave the wife and kids. Fly to Vegas.

Nov 5, 2020, 8:34 AM

Hookers and blow FTW.

I'm kidding. That would be fun. I would really recommend Dollywood for your birthday. Your wife and kids will love it. You will be miserable. And don't think you get any seches from taking one for the team either. Quite the opposite.

HBDTU BTW.....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let's look at these destinations

Nov 5, 2020, 8:49 AM

Myrtle Beach - I'd rather take a cooler and a folding chair to a boat ramp at Clark's Hill and people watch all weekend.

Savannah - Ever think "I wish there was a version of Charleston that was not as nice, less convenient to get to, and more likely to get mugged-y", look no further.

Edisto - Mmmmm, nothing better than an isolated beach destination with little to do with the ability to swim in the ocean removed from the equation for the kids. Better bring the A-game because you're the sole entertainment all weekend.

Asheville - Not bad....little played out these days in my book, but not bad, but kids do take the shine off an asheville trip.

Nashville - Could be fun...town's a little weird right now with varying levels of Covid-phobia, but still tons of options....weigh out though whether lugging the kids 6-7 hours each way is worth it for a 2-3 night trip.

Memphis - Valuable cultural learning experience for the kids, much like when the Griswolds got lost in South Chicago in Vacation. While you're there, don't miss getting disappointed by Graceland. This is the worst option on your list. Memphis is horrible.

Dollywood - Wait....for YOUR birthday? Dollywood is underrated, but taking the kids here for your birthday is taking one for the team on a grand scale.

If she's big on Tennessee.....take a look at Chattanooga and surrounding area. I'd cut through Clemson and Seneca and head through the North Georgia mountains on 76 and make my way over. Chattanooga is a highly underrated town with a lot of good eating and drinking and you can do some hiking, take the kids to Lookout Mountain/Rock City..

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Look man, you are just wrong about

Nov 5, 2020, 8:58 AM

Memphis and Chattanooga.

Memphis has this. https://www.worldfamoushernandoshideaway.com/

Chattanooga, well, there you get stopped on the interstate on this big curve while semis come screaming towards you. That is the only reason I don't like that place. I'm 4 for 4 in having that happen.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm with you on the Chatty Interstate....

Nov 5, 2020, 9:05 AM

that's why I said to come over on the back roads.....you get to hit Clemson, see some waterfalls, hop out and take a 10 minute hike down to Bull Sluice and watch some paddlers if you're lucky this time of year.

I could live in Chattanooga in a heartbeat, but it would be a lot more tempting if they were able to build an effective Interstate bypass around the city.....Lookout Mountain and the river make it difficult though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A few years back, I went down Bull Sluce on a $3 walmart flo

Nov 5, 2020, 9:25 AM

float shaped like an alligator.

Exhilarating.

I 2nd 'nooga if'n you're fixed on TN....

Nov 5, 2020, 9:52 AM [ in reply to Let's look at these destinations ]

lot of good eats and drinks there.

You can likely get some decent airbnb deals there. We rented a place with cool views of the river and walking distance to stuff a few yrs back.

Hookers and blow.....

Nov 5, 2020, 8:56 AM

I would personally develop a rational fear of COVID and

Nov 5, 2020, 9:07 AM

refuse to go, considering most of those places will be inhabited by heathenous non mask wearing mouth breathers who have zero regard for their or your health.

WE ARE IN A GLOBAL PANDEMIC

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spent last week at an isolated cabin in Sautee Nacoochee, about

Nov 5, 2020, 9:23 AM

5 miles north of Helen GA. Total privacy, cabin at the end of long gravel dead-end road. Beautiful views, hot tub on deck, etc. Daily cocktails, grilling and pound town. No worries about catching the e.covi. But I made the reservation in June, not sure about availability at the 11th hour.

edit: oops, just noticed you mentioned kids... never mind. You may as well go to Tittywood.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

I happen to own a cabin.

Nov 5, 2020, 9:31 AM

Isolated on a 600 acre palatial estate. Surrounded by the Edisto river on 3 sides. In picturesque Smoaks, SC. Located miles from the UFO Welcome Center and home to the world's oldest railroad junction in Branchville. The junction was built in 1828 and ran from Charleston to Branchville and was on the route of the country's first scheduled train.

Can you believe that crazy woman wants nothing to do with that???????????

How many times do I have to tell you this?

Nov 5, 2020, 9:33 AM

If you expect to get the respect you deserve as a genuine land baron, you have to refer to it as a "compound".

I thought a compound needed more than 1 building.

Nov 5, 2020, 9:35 AM

My house is a compound. The River Estate only has a cabin... and a deer stand... I guess that counts.

Fine, RIVER COMPOUND. I'll take her to the RIVER COM-POUND.

Perfect, you're getting it. Now be more casual with it.

Nov 5, 2020, 9:41 AM

Like in a how was your weekend post, just drop "not bad. Spent the day at the river compound, took a stroll on the East 100, showed our man the various groves of trees that needed thinning for the upcoming fox hunt".

Things like that.

Now that you mention it, It would be a great

Nov 5, 2020, 9:47 AM

opportunity to christen the new bridge on the compound. People usually think it would be cool to have a bridge named after you, but honestly, it's really more of an annoyance. Not nearly as cool as owning your own private island.

bridge, helipad, whatever....get creative!***

Nov 5, 2020, 9:48 AM

whos birthday is it anyways?***

Nov 5, 2020, 10:17 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Replies: 36
| visibility 487
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic