Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Could Clemson play in Death Valley on a Friday night? Swofford, DRad clear the air
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

New Story: Could Clemson play in Death Valley on a Friday night? Swofford, DRad clear the air

Jul 21, 2015, 1:13 PM

Could Clemson play in Death Valley on a Friday night? Swofford, DRad clear the air

Atlantic Coast Conference Commissioner John Swofford proudly displayed a graphic Monday afternoon that showed the “Specialty Games” that ACC teams will play this season, games that include Thursday night tilts, a game in Ireland and a few Friday night contests. Could Death Valley be the scene of a Friday night game? Photo by Joshua S. Kelly / USATODAY Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Could Clemson play in Death Valley on a Friday night? Swofford, DRad clear the air

Jul 21, 2015, 1:30 PM

Absolutely not! Friday's are for high school ball! Thursday night games are bad enough.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Could Clemson play in Death Valley on a Friday night? Swofford, DRad clear the air

Jul 21, 2015, 7:17 PM

I absolutely 110% agree. Friday night games have been for HS kids many many years as far back as I can remember. Who ever that it is bringing this idea to the table, they are being self centered with their ideas. And saying to their self in secret, screw the kids and their HS games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ReHigh school game in SC could mean more than one in MA-lol***

Jul 21, 2015, 10:13 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Could Clemson play in Death Valley on a Friday night? Swofford, DRad clear the air ]

D Rad needs to clear the air of John Swofford

Jul 21, 2015, 1:36 PM

Go ahead and cut your own throat here pal and watch how positive this is with season ticket holders.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Friday night, no, Ireland, YES

Jul 21, 2015, 1:39 PM

If Clemson ever plays in that game, take your golf clubs and play The European Club, which is about 50 miles south of Dublin. It's one of the best courses I've ever played.

Golf, a football game, and a visit to the Guiness Storehouse. It doesn't get much better than that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Friday night, no, Ireland, YES

Jul 21, 2015, 1:50 PM

And, one third of their flag is orange! I'm not sure I could name another country with orange in their flag.

Jul 21, 2015, 1:58 PM

Ivory Coast is reverse of Ireland's flag

Jul 21, 2015, 2:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Friday night, no, Ireland, YES ]

The Irish flag has an interesting history, particularly the combination of orange and green. India is the only other major country that has orange in it's flag.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ivory Coast flag has an orange stripe, and i think Nigeria

Jul 21, 2015, 2:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Friday night, no, Ireland, YES ]

might as well.

Jul 21, 2015, 2:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Friday night, no, Ireland, YES ]

Yeah, I forgot about the Netherlands, too. Can we get a game in Amsterdam? Pretty please?

Netherlands is Red, White and Blue

Jul 21, 2015, 3:55 PM

Not Orange

Re: Friday night, no, Ireland, YES***

Jul 21, 2015, 4:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Friday night, no, Ireland, YES ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Jul 21, 2015, 2:32 PM [ in reply to Friday night, no, Ireland, YES ]

Better yet, this one:

http://oldhead.com/golf/tour-the-course/

Absolutely breathtaking. I've played it 3 times and spent as much time with a camera in my hand as with a golf club in my hand.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Jul 21, 2015, 2:39 PM

I've seen pictures of that course, and if we ever go back I'd love to play it and a few of the other great courses in that part of Ireland. We did the northern "tour" and played Portrush and County Down as well as Portmarnock and The European Club. It was a memorable trip.

Did you play both Portmarnock courses?

Jul 21, 2015, 2:41 PM

I liked the Langer course better than the older one.

Re: Did you play both Portmarnock courses?

Jul 21, 2015, 2:44 PM

We played the older one, and it was disappointing compared to the others we played. I've been fortunate to have played a number of great courses, and Portmarnock wouldn't even make the top fifty.

PS

Jul 21, 2015, 2:51 PM

Did you play The Island Course in Dublin? We heard it was very good, but they were having some kind of tournament, and we couldn't get on.

Re: PS

Jul 21, 2015, 7:56 PM

No, the only other Dublin course I played was Malahide. Different game over there. Can't shoot at the pin. Have to roll it up.

I would make another trip to Ireland to see Clemson

Jul 21, 2015, 4:23 PM [ in reply to Friday night, no, Ireland, YES ]

play!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Can't make it to the upstate by 7:30 on a Fri.

Jul 22, 2015, 9:11 AM [ in reply to Friday night, no, Ireland, YES ]

but Ireland is a-okay? #####

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thursday Nights Are Enough ----

Jul 21, 2015, 2:28 PM

Though Clemson used to give Japan a show or two back in the day.

I remember staying up late listening to those on the radio.

Jul 21, 2015, 4:24 PM

Yeah, I'm middle-aged.

The Clemson drumline still plays one of the cadences

Jul 21, 2015, 6:41 PM [ in reply to Thursday Nights Are Enough ---- ]

from those Japan games.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

College football's holy days are Saturdays. Why would anyone

Jul 21, 2015, 2:34 PM

want to play any other day? It is the big day! The event! Unless you are talking about our state shutting down like it did for Big Thursday then Saturdays are the right days for Clemson football.

Saturdays are when our orange family gathers from far and wide in Death Valley. Thursday night games are bad enough. No Friday games would be my policy.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only time I'd ever want to play on a friday

Jul 21, 2015, 2:44 PM

If it's in one of those kickoff games at the beginning of the season, or possibly facing South Carolina the day after Thanksgiving.

Or, if Friday night is a New Year's Day.***

Jul 22, 2015, 11:54 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

I Hope Not

Jul 21, 2015, 5:18 PM

Friday nights are for HS. Heck, coach Howard wouldn't even play on Saturdays at night, because night time FB was high school all the way (coots played lots of there home games at night which was fitting). It sure puts a lot of pressure on fans, but no more than Thursday nights (which also suck IMO). I will go whenever we play, though. This isn't about fans, it's about $$$.

Re: I Hope Not

Jul 21, 2015, 5:25 PM

Keep them all on Saturday and if I had any say so I wish we could announce starting times at the beginning of summer so we could make our plans. Tv has screwed up the game day experience by not setting game times till a week before the game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I Hope Not

Jul 22, 2015, 8:48 AM

It's now all about the $$$, and if the universities weren't siphoning off a bunch of it, athletic departments could be a lot more autonomous in running their programs. It's a lot like the "Robin Hood" government we have. The take from the "rich" (workers) and give it to the poor (non workers). That's about where we are now, and we just have to live with it and do our "fare share".

As we move further toward no Saturday afternoon football...

Jul 21, 2015, 6:51 PM

Some Saturday afternoons there may be two, and sometimes only one college game that involves ranked teams. I know Saturday night games in Death Valley are amazing. But can we keep some college football worth watching on Saturday afternoon please?

Clemson Friday nite games, a good way to #### of HS coaches

Jul 22, 2015, 12:05 AM

nn

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#### off***

Jul 22, 2015, 12:06 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only thing worse than Friday night games

Jul 22, 2015, 7:48 AM

Are those ridiculous Tuesday night games ESPN tried a while back.

Clear the air?

Jul 22, 2015, 8:04 AM

Whenever Swofford opens his mouth, the surrounding 20 miles instantly becomes non-compliant with the Clean Air Act.

Next time, vote Jabba like you're supposed to.

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic