Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We should still make Orange Bowl noise [links]
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 2,201

We should still make Orange Bowl noise [links]

Nov 30, 2014, 6:44 PM

We played better, won bigger, and controlled our game compared to other teams. Plus, it's obvious how much more elite we are with Watson back. Also have a much stronger schedule.

The committee will be factoring all of that.

We also have the #1 Defense, defensive line in the country. Our making noise is always good.

If you find other links, post them and get to it!!! :

https://twitter.com/cfbplayoff

https://twitter.com/orangebowl

http://www.collegefootballplayoff.com/

http://game.orangebowl.org/

B-)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would love to go but at this point I feel tech deserves to

Nov 30, 2014, 6:54 PM

go more. We are the better team and I know DW going down and awful play by stoudt lost us the game but you have to throw that out and look at who beat who and the records and with Ga tech beating us and beating a highly ranked georgia team they most certainly deserve it over us. I'm very happy with this season even though it was bumpy at times we have a very good chance at being a 10 win team with an unbelievable amount of injuries and other complications so don't take this as me saying it like a dumper whining about the season I'm just looking at it if the roles were reversed and if they tried to pass them over us there would be a shitstorm of epic proportions and rightfully so.

Also I think ga tech wins the acc championship so that will kick a mound of dirt over the already nailed and buried coffin.

We should still make Orange Bowl noise

Nov 30, 2014, 7:02 PM

Yeah, I knew someone would post something kinda negative, or make an argument for another team.
*rolls my eyes* And that's fine, but puhlease. Neither Georgia team looked all that impressive in a very ugly game, and Tech's schedule was a joke compared to ours.

They will have their chance to control their destiny coming from the weaker division, and by winning the spot outright. But if they don't win it, and don't get it done then... oh well for them.

To avoid looking like a moron read the whole post next time.

Nov 30, 2014, 8:34 PM

You obviously didn't but I'll go along with this argument. You're bordering coot delusion now they beat us, they beat a ranked team and one ranked highly that we lost too, they're also playing in a championship if the first 2 wasn't enough but they are. We all know were a very good team and I personally believe were better than ga tech by a wide margin with deshaun watson but facts are facts you cannot sit there and throw all these stats about schedule and how games looked when they beat us and a team that beat us by 21 and have 10 wins compared to ours. I am positive we are better than every last team on our schedule with deshaun watson at qb but the truth of the matter is you don't get rewarded for what you're capable of you're rewarded for what you do.

This really sounds like a coot argument saying we we lost to them in a head to head but we deserve to rewards for that because we could have beaten them. That's absurd and if it was reversed you would think the same thing. These types of arguments are embarrassing in the fact it makes me cringe at the thought that someone somewhere sees these type of statements how we see delusional coot statements like these.

I did read your post. Wasn't looking for a debate.

Nov 30, 2014, 8:49 PM

The committee looks at games in more detail, schedules, who teams lost to, how teams have performed, and injuries. I have been watching their chairman talk about the process. GT schedule was weak, and they lost to 2 teams that were and ended up unranked.

GT will have their shot to win the spot outright. If they don't, there is still a "possibility." And Week 1 games are not the same as Week 13 games. I don't care about a debate involving "coot delusions." *l*

What would you think it you heard a fan say we lost to this

Nov 30, 2014, 10:20 PM

team and they have a better record than us but we deserve to go more because they have a weak schedule? That's along the lines of the coots trying to discredit our win over them by ultimately bashing themselves. I'm not trying to be an #### and I'm not going to be a d!ck and thumb down a fellow tiger fan but the whole negative comment pi$$ed me off so I responded. If you ask me I think this clemson team is the best team in the country when we've got everyone healthy and no one suspended and I'm very optimistic of every aspect of clemson football but there's a fine line between optimism and delusion and I'm not going to sit there and act like a team that ultimately performed better than us in every category is less deserving than us because of what we could have done. We would beat ga tech comfortably with deshaun watson but that's not what happened and unfortunately we lost the engine to our Ferrari of an offense.

I would love to go over ga tech to the orange bowl and would have no problems to get the nod ahead of them, all I was saying was I see why they would go over us and could agree with that decision if it were made. Calling me negative and all that because I acknowledge that another team was more fortunate and ended up with a better resume than us is absurd. Perhaps you aren't as delusional as I'm interpreting and I could be assuming too much and if that's the case then I apologize but I stand by everything I said.

I kind of agree with both of you.

Dec 1, 2014, 4:49 AM

GT does deserve to go to OB.

But, it has also been said that the committee can look at situation of injured players. If the ACC Championship game is close, and FSU wins, CU should be left out of OB. But, if FSU destroys GT. It might open the window for the committee to look at the situation of DW injury during the CU/GT game. They might think that if DW was playing against GT the outcome would have been in CU's favor. Knowing that CU has said their intention to play DW in the bowl game. Might sway the committee to rank Clemson ahead GT.

I know that it is a long shot, but is not completely out of the realm of possibility. Even if that happens, and the committee still ranks GT ahead of CU, I would still have no complaints.

Go Tigers!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To avoid looking like a moron read the whole post next time.

Dec 1, 2014, 6:15 AM [ in reply to To avoid looking like a moron read the whole post next time. ]

>I personally believe were better than ga tech >by a wide margin with deshaun Watson but >facts are facts...

Exactly. Facts are facts. One fact is that the "human committee"has been appointed such power bc they have the ability to take injuries, suspensions, running scores up, etc.. into account when formulating their rankings, to determine which team should deserves to be ranked where in the polls.

If that's the case, then they should take into account the Peters, Crawford, Beasley, Antjny suspensions vs UGA. That we look near invincible with DW4, who missed half the fsu and uga games, and ultimately the season.

They should also look at the DWs 14/2 TD/INT ratio, compared to cole's 6/10 TD/INT count.

Then they should take notice of us losing Choice, Brooks, and Dye for the majority of the season (not to mention peake, who will be healthy for the bowl game, along with Dye and Guillermo).

Will they they consider Gurley's absence (best RB in CFB) vs GT?

Is it not FSU's excuse for why we dominated them everywhere but the scoreboard - no winston?

Ga Tech hasn't beaten anyone other than a Cole Stoud led offense (who threw 2 pick 6's... 3 ints v 3 completions), and a gurleyless UGA Last minute. That's it. They've played 2 ranked teams.

We're 1-3 vs ranked foes, & if the committee is being honest with themselves and put in their due diligence, they'll see clear as day that health against health and all other factors included, we're a far better team than GT.

Plus, what's GT's record in bowl games (when teams have a month to prepare for the trip option)? 0-8? 1-9? C'mon mannn. Nothing could be worse than another snoozer/blowout gt bowl game - especially in the OB! Nobody except for themselves and their opponent, that is.

Political away guys. And Ratcliff

I guess you're saying that the committee

Dec 1, 2014, 6:23 AM

Would intentionally put Clemson a spot ahead of GT in their poll. Unlikely that they will have an agenda as such. Do I think we are a better team? Yes. Do I think a 10-3 GT gets into the OB over a 9-3 Clemson? 99%.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I guess you're saying that the committee

Dec 1, 2014, 8:37 AM

I completely agree that it's unlikely due to the sheer fact that most voters in the apt and coaches polls don't look at the teams this in depth, but you'd have to have half a brain to think they come close to winning that game against us without the two pick 6' s stout so perfectly placed in the arms of GT's defenders. Had Watson remained healthy, everybody in thw country knows we win that game by double digits.

These rankings aren't based on just one game, but the larger

Dec 1, 2014, 11:39 AM [ in reply to Re: To avoid looking like a moron read the whole post next time. ]

body of work, and the schedules as a whole. I think that is what I was trying to point out.
It's not a situation where a coot might say-- hey we beat UGA so we deserve to be SEC east champions or something crazy like that.

GT will get their shot outright, just like Duke did last year.

Re: I would love to go but at this point I feel tech deserves to

Nov 30, 2014, 7:09 PM [ in reply to I would love to go but at this point I feel tech deserves to ]

What your saying is absolutely correct. I don't see how anyone could think we deserve the orange bowl over gt.
They beat us, and beat Georgia, who beat us also.

We should still make Orange Bowl noise

Nov 30, 2014, 7:32 PM

Because their schedule was weak, and they lost to both UNC and Duke. Their wins over
some other poor teams were not all that impressive. And UGA's stock has been dropping since Week 1.

They. Beat. Us. Clemson. University. In football.

Nov 30, 2014, 8:36 PM

End of story. It's not what you can accomplish its what you do accomplish. We all know were better, we all know exactly why they won but they beat us so they get rewarded for the win, not us.

If Morris does leave, does he still coach the bow game?

Nov 30, 2014, 6:56 PM

Would be great to see this offense in a major bowl, one last time.

Re: If Morris does leave, does he still coach the bow game?

Nov 30, 2014, 6:59 PM

He would not coach the bowl game.

"bowl"-- what's he going to do in Dallas with an 0-11 team?

Nov 30, 2014, 7:07 PM

anyway. Probably could recruit better just being on tv.

maybe trying to put together a staff?***

Nov 30, 2014, 7:12 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Re: Yeah, I guess I feel like

Nov 30, 2014, 7:34 PM

he should finish out the season with his contract / players. Dallas isn't going anywhere.

Re: We should still make Orange Bowl noise [links]

Nov 30, 2014, 6:58 PM

Georgia Tech would not bring near the amount of fans as Clemson would.

Dec 1, 2014, 2:04 AM

Agreed. Maybe not in the cards, but it's worth a shot. Besides, having the opportunity
to beat another high ranked opponent in a major bowl on New Years will be another big recruiting boost for us.

Nov 30, 2014, 7:06 PM

I hate to burst your bubble, but the committee won't penalize GT that much if they lose and FSU won't fall below us if they lose either. They go by straight rankings this year and the tie in rules. Our best chance is SEC #2 in the Citrus. That only happens if GT plays a Big Ten opponent in the Orange Bowl. This will likely be Ole Miss after the Top 2 SEC teams are in the CFB playoff and/ or Access bowls.

Were looking at Oklahoma or KState if we end up in the Tangerine. Or worst case scenario is GT blows out FSU so bad that they don't make a top tier bowl, GT plays an SEC opponent in the Orange, and then FSU would go to the Tangerine (Russell Athletic), and we fall to the first of 3 bowl pools. In which case we would go to Gator/Music City( these rotate ACC or Big 10 opponent vs SEC), Belk vs SEC, Sun vs Pac 12, or Pinstripe vs Big 10. All these Bowls are considered on equal footing and the conferences mix and match the best games.

If this happens I fully Expect the ACC to try to impress New York City with their best Fanbase the first go round and send us to the Pinstripe bowl. Which would be kinda fun if we play someone descent. Not my first choice but i can see myself making the most of it. :)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

FSU will take their Atl title and 12-1 record to Miami.

Nov 30, 2014, 7:12 PM

While GT gets curbstomped in the playoff.

;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Opportunity to beat another high ranked opponent in a major

Dec 1, 2014, 2:12 AM

Maybe not in the cards, but it's worth a shot. Besides, having the opportunity
to beat another high ranked opponent in a major bowl on New Years showcasing our defense and offense, will be another big recruiting boost for us. If we are ever truly going to compete with FSU and some of the other bigger time programs out there, it definitly would be a step in the right direction. Just a thought. The time is now or never.

Replies: 23
| visibility 2,201
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic