Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I would like to know Judge Kellers expectation for
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 56
| visibility 1

I would like to know Judge Kellers expectation for

Feb 6, 2020, 11:01 PM

clemson basket ball for the next 2 seasons,

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Why don’t you TMail him if so concerned?

Feb 6, 2020, 11:33 PM

Calling him out on public forum seems petty

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I would like to know Judge Kellers expectation for

Feb 7, 2020, 1:06 AM

No you don’t. You’re just another drunk prick who takes aim at true fans out of sport.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’d rather know what DRAD & Brownell

Feb 7, 2020, 2:35 AM

Expectations are the next 2 seasons. I don’t think their expectations are very high, based on the results the past 9 seasons and how bad this season has gone.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is

Feb 7, 2020, 9:26 AM

good information to know if we could get it

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Feb 7, 2020, 7:16 AM

just my observation but my guess is to expect a 17-15 regular season with a NIT bid. Until our team learns to make a wide open three with some regularity this is what you'll get. Brownell has kept us quasi-relevant and at least out of the basement is the what we can expect from our coaching staff.

I fully expect that DRad will have CBB back next year.

Yep, we unfortunately screwed the pooch when

Feb 7, 2020, 8:11 PM

we somehow managed to beat UNC and Duke this year.

Those 2 victories alone probably bought Brownlee another 2 years minimum.

Feb 7, 2020, 7:49 AM

My guess is that the football team will still get the biggest cheer in Littlejohn. Likely at halftime.

As for actual basketball info, my guess is that TL will lay someone else out on the court and it will go viral again. But then again, our intramural basketball football team got more news coverage than our actual basketball team.

BB had done very well IMO. Sometimes the best coaching jobs are when the coach takes a basement team to the mid-table. Yeah - that is just where Clemson basketball is right now. We are not a basement team despite a LOT of our stats suggesting we should be with a *young* team. However, it keeps looking promising as BB can make a run in the tournament with the right team and now with our facilities not looking like a poor high school, we can get some decent kids. It is looking up. Now, are you going to reward loyalty or be one of those win-now fans? Better yet, BB has done things the right way, run a clean program when the rot of pay-for-play adidas money ran rampant.

Feb 7, 2020, 6:44 PM

Well said, and good points. My expectation for a decent program would be to make the NCAA Tournament 6 out of 10 years, and advancing beyond game 1 50% of the time.
I was disappointed that we scrapped the original plan to completely demolish and rebuild Littlejohn. The facilities we have today are the facilities we will have 20 years from now. Whether it’s CBB or another coach; This is what they have to sell recruits (not bad, but not upper echelon either).
Side note: It seems that the NCAA doesn’t do anything to the cheaters, especially the “blue bloods”.

you and judge sharing notes?***

Feb 8, 2020, 3:59 PM [ in reply to Re: I would like to know Judge Kellers expectation for ]

since when did basketball become...

Feb 7, 2020, 8:12 AM

two words?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2020, 9:23 AM

Not a great pulse boosting post man.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2020, 9:26 AM

It is a serious post. He has the best grasp of recent history, recruiting, talent judgement, mood of the team, etc of anyone else on tnet. Sorry that i didnt pose the question well enough.

Feb 7, 2020, 9:32 AM

Thanks for the TD.

No, these posts are about baiting a poster into saying something that will create conflict.

Let it go man. We’ve already been over this.

Feb 7, 2020, 12:29 PM

So what are we allowed to discuss in the Clemson basketball forum?

Sounds like you got attacked by the ever so infamous

Feb 7, 2020, 1:22 PM

Tnet hall monitors.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Feb 7, 2020, 1:53 PM [ in reply to Re: I would like to know Judge Kellers expectation for ]

So what are we allowed to discuss in the Clemson basketball forum?

I would expect your typical troll posts.

with only 592 posts

Feb 7, 2020, 1:23 PM [ in reply to Re: I would like to know Judge Kellers expectation for ]

in 15 years how do you know what the OP's intentions are?

Looks to me like he may value JK's insight which I see JK gave below with no wise crack from the OP.

You seem like you may need to relax a bit.

Re: with only 592 posts

Feb 7, 2020, 1:51 PM

If you read my post you’d know this is not the first time the OP has picked this scab. But continue making assumptions. They are highly relevant to me.

You sure about that?

Feb 7, 2020, 2:04 PM

From what I see in his recent post history he's a Brownell fan at least. Maybe I am missing something. I see some YU's for joking or funny posts.

Defending him in a Fire Brownell Post

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Re-Can-we-please-fire-Brad-at-half-time-26849210

In a post digging at taking positives from a bad game

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Re-Positives-about-the-basketball-game-26849232#26849232

Asking for support by fans for the game

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Game-is-at-7-tonight--Lets-all-tune-in-for-good-vibes-to-26846020

Team could potentially upset UVA

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Our-Jekyll-and-Hyde-team-may-just-may-go-to-UVA-and-post-26837287

Re: You sure about that?

Feb 7, 2020, 2:38 PM

Yea. Real sure. It has nothing to do with the team, program nor coach. It’s about a poster.

You’ll notice I’m not the only in the thread that called attention to it.

Feb 7, 2020, 3:21 PM [ in reply to Re: I would like to know Judge Kellers expectation for ]

i did not td you.

I expect our coaches and players to continue to

Feb 7, 2020, 11:29 AM

work hard, with passion and determination.

Contrary to popular belief, our program is trending in a positive direction over the past couple of years. Casual fans, as well as those who have already decided that they don't think Brownell is a good coach, can't see that.

I think Brownell is safe this year, but next year expectations will increase. The 2020-2021 season is critical, as we will have gotten through this season (a rebuilding year) and will have some nice returning depth as well as some very talented newcomers.

How we perform next year will determine whether he gets a raise and extension or whether we go in a different direction. And I think that's very appropriate given the issues and circumstances that have been discussed here previously.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I expect our coaches and players to continue to

Feb 7, 2020, 12:20 PM

Next year is NCAA tourney or bust.

I have been an adamant Brownell supporter, but if we don't make the tourney next year then we need to go another direction.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2020, 12:30 PM

“Next year is NCAA tourney or bust”

Change the record.

Feb 7, 2020, 12:22 PM [ in reply to I expect our coaches and players to continue to ]

Sweet 16 - First Round NIT - No postseason is quite a trend.

We won 20 games last year.

Feb 7, 2020, 1:27 PM

We had a .500 ACC record and finished #35 in NET. I believe we should've been in the NCAA Tournament. I don't consider that a bad year at all, especially by Clemson's standards.

Not only is the NCAA Tournament harder to get into now than it was a few decades ago, the NIT his harder to get into as well. No shame in the NIT, although it's obviously not what we are striving for.

This season (which is a rebuilding year) isn't over yet, so I'm not sure why you are already declaring no postseason for us.

Recruiting is improving. You know that we have a nice class coming in this year, right?

As usual, you chime in with something negative. When was the last time you posted something positive about our team?

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: We won 20 games last year.

Feb 7, 2020, 1:54 PM

What you believe should have happened is of no consequence. We didn’t make the tourney for the 7th of 9 seasons with Brownell as coach. There is no Judge Keller asterisk.

the number of NCAA at large bids hasn’t changed in years with the exception of the play-in game (coincidentally created and benefited Brownell his first season) so, no it’s not harder. Arguably easier.

The NIT last changed their rules in 2006 eliminating the .500 record requirement. So no, it’s not harder either.

I’m sure you’ll say something like it’s harder because of the rise of mid-major programs. But just because other teams choose to “get good” doesn’t mean the process is harder. It’s the same number of teams fighting for the same spots. It’s a shame Clemson basketball doesn’t choose to “get good.” We made 4 straight tourneys with facilities and support you describe as terrible. Hard to figure that out since they’re so pivotal to Brownell’s hypothetical future success.

I’m looking at the trajectory and making a presumption. Sorta like you keep making preposterous presumptions that Brownell will build a championship program as long as we shovel money at him indefinitely and without any performance requirement.

Yes, I know that on paper we will have a talent almost as good as what he had when he took over as coach. He did real well with that. I also know that first bump in the road next year you’ll be explaining to everyone how the new players need time in his system. Ride that a couple years and you circle back to the need for another round of facility upgrades.

I posted positively after Syracuse. Also cautioned they absolutely had to be .500 in the back half of the schedule to have even a distant prayer at the tourney. They followed that up with 2 unbelievably bad performances. One against the worst team in the conference who, sadly, now have a better rpi than us. We’re 1-2 and against the two worst teams in the conference. We count for a 1/3 of their combined 6 wins. These are not the hallmarks of a good coach and have nothing to do with facilities or fan support.

Re: I posted positively after Syracuse

Feb 7, 2020, 3:20 PM

My commitment to supporting the Tigers and the head of the basketball program:
"If we beat two of the top 4 teams in the league this year, and break another losing streak over 90 years long I promise that I will post lukewarmly positive once."

You go, Dawg! You're improving!

Feb 7, 2020, 4:04 PM

Hey Superfan, we’re 1-3 against the Top 4 teams in our conference.

Feb 8, 2020, 1:02 PM

Revisionism.

The reason Syracuse is no longer #4 but UVa is.....is Clemson.

So making it really simple--not that you need it, because you're incredibly smart while being helplessly misguided--we were 2-2 against the top 4, but now we're 2-3 against the top 5.

Feb 8, 2020, 1:34 PM

Lol. The statement you posted was untrue at the time you posted it. Throwing a word salad at your mistake doesn’t change that.

Feb 8, 2020, 3:45 PM

The verb was in the subjunctive. That makes it a theoretical, which is not subject to a timeline because it describes a situation that doesn't exist. So, no, I did not make a comment that was untrue at the time I made it.

However, when we beat Syracuse, the second of the 4 top teams, which is an accurate observation at the time it occurred, and you posted positively, which is an entirely subjective viewpoint, it was good to see you getting on board the Tiger bus, even though it was done conditionally and as far away from Coach B as possible.

Word salad or not: Syracuse was #4 in the ACC when we beat them and you commented.

Since we haven't won since, maybe you should take one for the team. Please abstain from any more 'positive' comments so we can get back to the winning track.

Does that sound like a win-win?

Feb 7, 2020, 3:50 PM [ in reply to Re: We won 20 games last year. ]

viztiz® said:

What you believe should have happened is of no consequence. We didn’t make the tourney for the 7th of 9 seasons with Brownell as coach. There is no Judge Keller asterisk.

the number of NCAA at large bids hasn’t changed in years with the exception of the play-in game (coincidentally created and benefited Brownell his first season) so, no it’s not harder. Arguably easier.

The NIT last changed their rules in 2006 eliminating the .500 record requirement. So no, it’s not harder either.

I’m sure you’ll say something like it’s harder because of the rise of mid-major programs. But just because other teams choose to “get good” doesn’t mean the process is harder. It’s the same number of teams fighting for the same spots. It’s a shame Clemson basketball doesn’t choose to “get good.” We made 4 straight tourneys with facilities and support you describe as terrible. Hard to figure that out since they’re so pivotal to Brownell’s hypothetical future success.

I’m looking at the trajectory and making a presumption. Sorta like you keep making preposterous presumptions that Brownell will build a championship program as long as we shovel money at him indefinitely and without any performance requirement.

Yes, I know that on paper we will have a talent almost as good as what he had when he took over as coach. He did real well with that. I also know that first bump in the road next year you’ll be explaining to everyone how the new players need time in his system. Ride that a couple years and you circle back to the need for another round of facility upgrades.

I posted positively after Syracuse. Also cautioned they absolutely had to be .500 in the back half of the schedule to have even a distant prayer at the tourney. They followed that up with 2 unbelievably bad performances. One against the worst team in the conference who, sadly, now have a better rpi than us. We’re 1-2 and against the two worst teams in the conference. We count for a 1/3 of their combined 6 wins. These are not the hallmarks of a good coach and have nothing to do with facilities or fan support.

WHen did Judge say that Brownell would build a championship program as long as we shovel money at him indefinitely?

It's like you are just arguing with your own made up arguments.

Feb 7, 2020, 4:01 PM

Are actually insinuating that Judge Keller advocates for Brownell on the presumption that he won’t ever be successful? That Clemson should literally abandon any pretext of ever having a championship (note I haven’t even specified what manner of championship) in basketball? Because see no other way to interpret your derision. I certainly did believe that advocating for Brownell was predicated on the belief that he could make Clemson competitive. Ellis won a regular season championship. Purnell made the championship game. I didn’t realize we were supposed to have abandoned any such hopes.

LOL at the examples you used.

Feb 8, 2020, 3:18 PM

Ellis won an ACC regular season championship, in a year that resulted in NCAA sanctions, including vacating of wins. If Brad cheated to get wins, I doubt you would be touting those wins as successes.

Purnell making the ACC championship game shouldn't be some sort of bragging point either. We lost the game. For someone who talks about no moral victories, I'm surprised you are so proud of an ACC championship game appearance. However, you and others frequently cite NCAA Tournament appearances under Purnell as well, even though we never won a game, so I shouldn't be surprised.

And no, we aren't supposed to abandon hopes of having a more successful basketball program.

Re: LOL at the examples you used.

Feb 9, 2020, 10:45 PM

Ummm, your scock said you never said we’d win championships. That’s what I was replying to. Your entire post is a deflection followed by straw man arguments. It should be abundantly clear that you have a vested interest in Brownell’s continued employment behind the success of Clemson basketball. Your argument hold no water anymore.

Feb 7, 2020, 12:41 PM [ in reply to I expect our coaches and players to continue to ]

Yeah that's what I see as well. I see NCAA next year and the year after. I see a good 3 year run with at worst bubble one year o

We will not be a trendy NCAA pick next year

Feb 7, 2020, 12:47 PM

a lot, and I mean a lot of improvement has to occur for that to happen. We have no reliable scoring options, at least entering the year. 2-3 must emerge

Re: We will not be a trendy NCAA pick next year

Feb 7, 2020, 12:53 PM

Thats why I said maybe a bubble team one year. I was thinking next year.

Even to be a bubble team you need a couple

Feb 7, 2020, 1:05 PM

of guys you can count on to get you some points. As this year winds down, who are they? Simms has been brilliant at times, invisible more. He's the best bet, but he's shown no consistency. There is some talent, but some of that talent needs to take some major steps forward. Baby steps will mean more of the same

Re: Even to be a bubble team you need a couple

Feb 7, 2020, 1:17 PM

I think we will have a bunch of guys that will be able to get us points, once we have some inside presence. I think all 3 freshman guards will develop. I think Simms role will be easier when we had some length in the middle too.

Who is the inside presence?

Feb 7, 2020, 4:02 PM

A true freshman? I wouldn't count on that. We'll still be undersized next year

Feb 7, 2020, 1:17 PM [ in reply to Re: We will not be a trendy NCAA pick next year ]

I love the enthusiasm. This coach took a program that had been 3 straight years, put them on the bubble then didn’t go back for 8 years. The season after he got back he led that veteran squad to first round NIT exit. But now he is suddenly going to make us a perennial NCAA team because reasons.

Feb 7, 2020, 1:21 PM

2 tournaments is a row? I see it happening. I see the pieces coming in place. Thats the single reason.

What would it take for you to support Brownell

Feb 7, 2020, 1:29 PM [ in reply to Re: We will not be a trendy NCAA pick next year ]

and our basketball program?

I'd like to know.

Re: What would it take for you to support Brownell

Feb 7, 2020, 4:24 PM

A) Stop being almost completely out of contention for the NCAA tournament by the start of conference play.

B) make the NCAA 3 out 5 years.

C) never fail to make the NIT. This should be a no-brainer minimum requirement for any serious program. The only possible exception being a true rebuilding year - like 5 seniors go and when the championship and you return zero starters. Failing to make the NIT should be instant hot seat.

Feb 7, 2020, 1:29 PM [ in reply to Re: We will not be a trendy NCAA pick next year ]

Who said perennial NCAA team?

We have never been one in our entire history, so I'm unsure why people think we should be on now.

My expectation for this year were very simple...

Show improvement throughout the year with our young guys. That has already been accomplished and I look to finish the season strong.

My expectations for next year are very simple as well....

Make it to the NCAA. There's no reason why we shouldn't get in the NCAA's. I'm basing that on who we have coming back. If we have injuries like this year, or unexpected transfers then expectations could change.

But with what I see coming back, we should no doubt make the tourney.

The ideal starting lineup next year....

PG - Al-Amir Dawes
SG - Clyde Trapp/Chase Hunter
SF - Hunter Tyson/Khavon Moore
PF - Amir Simms
C - PJ Hall/Jemison

I really hope Jemison can get it together. If he develops some post moves, he could be really good. The dude is built like Dwight Howard.

Feb 7, 2020, 1:45 PM

Nick Honor as well at the point at times too.

Feb 8, 2020, 12:28 PM [ in reply to Re: We will not be a trendy NCAA pick next year ]

Who said perennial NCAA team?

We have never been one in our entire history, so I'm unsure why people think we should be on now.

My expectation for this year were very simple...

Show improvement throughout the year with our young guys. That has already been accomplished and I look to finish the season strong.

My expectations for next year are very simple as well....

Make it to the NCAA. There's no reason why we shouldn't get in the NCAA's. I'm basing that on who we have coming back. If we have injuries like this year, or unexpected transfers then expectations could change.

But with what I see coming back, we should no doubt make the tourney.

The ideal starting lineup next year....

PG - Al-Amir Dawes
SG - Clyde Trapp/Chase Hunter
SF - Hunter Tyson/Khavon Moore
PF - Amir Simms
C - PJ Hall/Jemison

I really hope Jemison can get it together. If he develops some post moves, he could be really good. The dude is built like Dwight Howard.

Next year's team will be deep and improved. Expect anything to happen as far as starters:
PG - Al-Amir Dawes /Honor
SG - Clyde Trapp/Chase Hunter /Hemingway
SF - Hunter Tyson/Khavon Moore /Newman
PF - Amir Simms /Prosper
C - PJ Hall/Jemison /Baehre

Newman will get minutes. Wouldn't surprise me if Moore is the most improved.

Honestly, we aren't as far away this year as you might think

Feb 7, 2020, 1:38 PM [ in reply to We will not be a trendy NCAA pick next year ]

Despite significant injuries that have cost us roughly 60 player games missed thus far, as well as a team full of a lot of new players, this year could be very different at this point with only a few very small differences. Let's assume:

-We don't shoot horribly against Yale, and beat them.
-We don't have two turnovers at the end of the Miami game, and beat them.
-We make just a couple more wide open threes we missed against Virginia, and beat them.

All of a sudden, we are 14-8 (7-5), in fourth place in the ACC, and the conversation is very different right now.

I realize that those things didn't happen. I'm not arguing for moral victories. My point is to show that as negative as many fans are being about how awful we are and how horrible this season has been, it isn't a stretch to look at how close we were to being in a much better position NCAA Tournament-wise.

Also, the season isn't over. Let's see how things play out.

Feb 7, 2020, 3:30 PM [ in reply to I expect our coaches and players to continue to ]

Thank you. You are a respectful CBB supporter on the board...unlike those who whacked me for asking your opinion and reading it. I may not always agree but feel we both have a right to express their opinions without getting TD's.

Feb 7, 2020, 4:31 PM

I agree with you.

It’s hard to interpret just what your intent is when you post stuff like this:

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/After-he-gets-through-coaching-the-game-JK-26528747

Feb 7, 2020, 4:48 PM

I see talk about hall monitors here. Are you a general hall monitor or just a JK monitor. You sure show up whenever he does. And I did not td you per your earlier post.

Feb 7, 2020, 5:28 PM

If that was a question, I’ll answer by saying I don’t know how disagreeing with another poster makes them a hall monitor, nor do I care.

Regarding JK, his name shows up in your posts far
more than mine. You sure do talk about him a lot so what should one infer from that?

Feb 7, 2020, 5:51 PM

Why should you care what I say? I thought this board was an exchange of thoughts and opinions. Unfortunately I see harsh criticism, personal attacks, vulgar language, and td's rather than lively debates and respect of others people's opinions. I don't think I have ever gone and dug in to other peoples posts in order to use something against them. That would be a personal attack. And yes I did make some not so nice comments about JK but none vulgar like the one he posted on me and that I tmailed to you. Since those older posts my thoughts have taken on a bit more open mindedness and I am happy to read his unwavering support of CBB. But I also read posts that are not supportive of CBB as well. Then I form my own opinion. I don't often post, i am more interested in what other people say than telling other people what I think. Just the way i am. If you want to continue to jump me go ahead.

Feb 7, 2020, 6:56 PM

Likewise, but I disagree that you were attacked. I apologize if you think I attacked you.

Opinions go both ways of course.

And I haven’t TD’d you. If you recall, I went out of my way to give you TU’s a month ago when you and I T-mailed.

Replies: 56
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic