Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Tigers say they fell short of 'standard' on offense against Orange
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,028

TNET: Tigers say they fell short of 'standard' on offense against Orange

Oct 24, 2020, 8:12 PM

Tigers say they fell short of 'standard' on offense against Orange

The final score doesn't quite indicate the day for the Clemson offense that had its issues versus a Syracuse defense that had struggled coming in. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Glad to see coaches and players acknowledge this.

Oct 24, 2020, 9:17 PM

They know it and they are owning it, and it sounds like they are ready to get to work. We may not win it all this year, but I trust this coaching staff and these players to correct anything that is correctable.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Question for TNet SME's

Oct 24, 2020, 9:27 PM

Is it time for Trevor to come to the rescue again? Like that time he saved the 2020 college football season? Do Tony and Streeter and Dabo need to confer with Lawrence about what's working and what's not? Favorite plays? Favorite receivers? Trusted blockers? It's that time of the season IMHO when the vets have been given their shots at starting positions -- now it's time to let the best man win at each position and start firming things up for closing out the season with 3 of 4 road games then hopefully on to the playoffs.

Coach Swinney has said in past seasons, he wants and needs that player leadership. What do Skalski, Trevor, ETN and Amari have to say about what's working and where the team needs adjustments? Time for those discussions between coaches and team leaders ... Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would imagine they probably have some input.

Oct 24, 2020, 9:39 PM

I'd be shocked if Trevor doesn't.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Why didn't they start the 2nd half the way they ended the 1?

Oct 24, 2020, 11:06 PM

Since Cuse was playing prevent defense, run and short passes were effective, and not used in 2nd half. Elliot needs to answer to that?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why didn't they start the 2nd half the way they ended the 1?

Oct 25, 2020, 9:28 AM

I believe we had one touchdown pass fairly short over the MIDDLE that produced a TD. What is the aversion to tight end passes ?? When things are tough and some things not working, I don't see the play calls that are effective. Galloway, Allen, etc are not being used as needed.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2020, 2:18 PM

Allen caught a pass for a touchdown in the seam...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2020, 1:58 PM [ in reply to Why didn't they start the 2nd half the way they ended the 1? ]

My biggest disappointment was lack of tightend use in the 2nd half. Think it would've also opened up things for the WRs who were having trouble getting separation.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Re: TNET: Tigers say they fell short of 'standard' on offense against Orange

Oct 25, 2020, 1:02 PM

I agree with Elliott - just a little of a down day. I'm not terribly concerned - this is the game we always seem to have one of every year. The good news is this type of game used to get us beat or nearly beat - i.e. UNC, NCSU, Syr, Pitt in the past, and this year we had it and still won by 26! My only concern is not Tl or ETN or any of the play makers but I'm not yet sold on the OL when we get to the OSU and Bamma's of the world. We will find out more in two weeks at ND.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,028
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic