Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How many Reps./Trump Supporters are willing to admit
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 48
| visibility 1

How many Reps./Trump Supporters are willing to admit

Sep 5, 2018, 5:33 PM

that if the NFL players were kneeling in support of banning abortions you wouldnt have a problem with them kneeling?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't have a problem with them kneeling

Sep 5, 2018, 5:36 PM

I have a problem with them thinking they have some kind of right not to face consequences of their actions. Same would go with abortions etc....

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One here. You don't kneel during the national anthem.

Sep 5, 2018, 5:39 PM

Period. DGAF about the cause. Toss in banning abortions, congressional term limits, lower taxes, spending cuts, and the second amendment, still doesn't matter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^This^^^

Sep 5, 2018, 5:41 PM

You don't disrespect the county during the national anthem. PERIOD.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Re: ^^^This^^^

Sep 5, 2018, 5:50 PM

The National Anthem sucks.

It's a song.

It's really not a very good song and it's hard to sing.

There, I said it.... now try to run me out of the country you faux patriots!

Did you even read OP?

Sep 5, 2018, 5:58 PM

I answered your question.

It's not my fault that most people who share my set of issues revere the anthem enough not to #### it up with their protesting.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did you even read OP?

Sep 6, 2018, 12:49 PM

I read and appreciate your answer. You are an honest man. I was just trying to be humorous.
I failed. :)

Don't let the doors to the United States hit you on the way

Sep 5, 2018, 7:22 PM [ in reply to Re: ^^^This^^^ ]

out.

But please, Leave.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Re: Don't let the doors to the United States hit you on the way

Sep 6, 2018, 12:52 PM

That was the saying de jur during the Vietnam War protests.

"America, love it or leave it."

I am an American citizen and am proud of my country. I love a country where people can't restrict others free speech.

Get used to it, I'm not going anywhere. :)

Click bait ^^^This^^^

Sep 5, 2018, 9:29 PM [ in reply to Re: ^^^This^^^ ]

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Has nothing to do with the song. You could sing three

Sep 5, 2018, 11:22 PM [ in reply to Re: ^^^This^^^ ]

blind mice, if that symbolized respect for country and those that gave their life for this nation, the last best hope for mankind. Protesting by kneeling, shows his belief, that America is not the last best hope for mankind and that he was ready to overthrow her.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 5, 2018, 7:56 PM [ in reply to ^^^This^^^ ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2018, 2:30 PM

One of the funniest things about all this is watching the boycotters ignore the soldiers who come out in support of Kaepernick.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Which County?

Sep 5, 2018, 11:25 PM [ in reply to ^^^This^^^ ]

I feel like Anderson could use a little dis every so often.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Which County?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Which County?

So a symbol of freedom is more important than

Sep 5, 2018, 5:50 PM [ in reply to One here. You don't kneel during the national anthem. ]

freedom itself. Hmmmmmm.

I missed where he said it should be illegal

Sep 5, 2018, 5:51 PM

Pretty lame post.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He didn't. Pretty lame that you assumed too much again.***

Sep 5, 2018, 5:56 PM

Oh, OK. Your post just makes no sense, then.***

Sep 5, 2018, 5:57 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You have difficulty framing arguments in that it has to

Sep 5, 2018, 6:05 PM

be your way or no way, right vs. wrong, left vs. right. You're a well reasoned dude and can understand my point of view, you just don't like it. Thats fine, just say so.

Ok, so explain how this has to do with curtailing freedom

Sep 5, 2018, 6:15 PM

I have no problem "framing arguments" when they make sense, and aren't just sophistic attempts to score points on a message board. In this case, being opposed to somebody disrespecting symbols of the country because of various policy disagreements doesn't take away anybody's freedom. You could've just gone the route of asking why anybody cares, or arguing that protest shouldn't just be convenient for everybody. Instead, you thought you had a cute parallelism that would make the people you disagreed with sound hypocritical. It was silly.

You disagree with my point. That is perfectly fine,

Sep 5, 2018, 6:32 PM

you and I don't see eye to eye on many subjects. The only thing that has turned silly, though, is your grasp on semantics and meaning. You understood my point, you just didn't like it.

So what was your point?***

Sep 5, 2018, 8:26 PM

Why do any of you care...

Sep 5, 2018, 5:50 PM [ in reply to One here. You don't kneel during the national anthem. ]

How another person expresses themselves during the national anthem so long as they aren't causing you harm?

What exactly are they doing to you? Or to hurt anyone, for that matter?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: Why do any of you care...

I grab my junk when they play the anthem.

HA!

Re: Why do any of you care...

Sep 5, 2018, 6:55 PM

When at home I look at it as a great time to grab a brew.

This is the position of almost all who disapprove

Sep 5, 2018, 6:51 PM [ in reply to One here. You don't kneel during the national anthem. ]

of the kneeling/protest during the National Anthem. It is so simple, yet libs can't get their heads around that and instead try to attribute it to racism and other such nonsense. By all means, exercise your right to peacefully protest; but expect others to be understandably upset when you are disrespectful to the symbols of American ideals.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I would hope I'd still feel similarly

As others said, I view that form of protest as too radical. I also just don't care for players politicizing football games.

too radical?

Sep 5, 2018, 6:39 PM

c'mon

Yes, absolutely

Sep 6, 2018, 12:15 PM

According to this standard, you could take umbrage to symbols of the country for any disagreement you had. A less radical way of thinking says you honor the country for the ideals you think it stands for, however imperfectly. A more radical way of thinking says that the country isn't doing whatever you think it should do because it's unjust at its core. This is pretty clearly what BLM thinks, and Kaepernick is of a piece with them.

Gimme a friggin break

Sep 5, 2018, 6:43 PM

The guys a cop hating political football who's being happily exploited for personal gain. While wearing socks that depict our police officers as pigs, on television. He needs to be flogged in the town square.

https://imgur.com/a/BmV9MZ6

And not a good quarterback either.***

Sep 5, 2018, 7:23 PM

Re: How many Reps./Trump Supporters are willing to admit

Sep 5, 2018, 6:50 PM

If they were white, kneeling is support of Trump, in opposition of the liberal media's treatment of Trump, and opposing abortion/murdering babies, nobody would have cared, aside for angry liberals.

^^Thanks, what a great idea,

Sep 6, 2018, 7:13 AM

but if they got that way, libs would eat lead. Be careful, what you ask for.

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Re: The way I look at whole kneeling issue is.....

Sep 5, 2018, 7:00 PM

that kneeling once was enough. The point was to draw attention, regardless of consequences, and then all the media in the world is at your disposal. Grab it, run with it, use your celebrity to build charitable organizations and educate people. Or use the attention to gain interest from others who can do that better than you can. I know some of that was done and my point here is not to discuss whether he/they did enough on that front. My point is he got what he wanted. The repeated kneeling and copycatting is just weak sauce, it added nothing. I don't believe it showed solidarity at all, the issues were already brought forth for all to see and discuss without additional protesting.

Re: The way I look at whole kneeling issue is.....

Sep 5, 2018, 7:11 PM

It took time for people to even really notice that they were kneeling and what their cause is. They do use their celebrity for charity. Colin has given over a million already.

Re: If you're going to respond at least take time to read it

Sep 5, 2018, 7:42 PM

"my point here is not to discuss whether he/they did enough on that front."

First time he sat in uniform, he was interviewed extensively.

https://www.sbnation.com/2016/9/11/12869726/colin-kaepernick-national-anthem-protest-seahawks-brandon-marshall-nfl

Maybe it took you time to figure it out, most of us understood his concerns pretty well after that.

Cause we're racists, right?....

Sep 5, 2018, 7:52 PM

Too funny

I often wonder when you make these kind of posts posing ridiculous questions...trying to disguise an ooinion as an honest question...do you push back away from the keyboard and think "I've really got 'em now!"?

I've thought about whether I would consider doing it myself.

Sep 5, 2018, 9:08 PM

I would not, but not because I feel it would be disrespectful or morally wrong to do it, but because of what it would cost me.

In that way, I ain't as brave as ol' Kap.

Thats not how most Republicans I know would protest

Sep 5, 2018, 11:13 PM

Kneeling during the a National Anthem would be not even be considered as a protest to anything. We don’t hate America and we don’t think America is to blame for Roe v Wade. We blame the devil for that.

I would have a problem with it. But

Sep 6, 2018, 9:21 AM

Mostly because it's a dumb ### way to get something accomplished. Moves like that are generally reserved for the irrelevant so they can have a look at me moment.

It detracts from what they may or may not be actually wanting to accomplish..

GO TIGERS!!

Felix: Apparently the answer is Zero***

Sep 6, 2018, 1:02 PM

I might get behind that. But you almost have to admit

Sep 6, 2018, 2:08 PM

that liberals would be all pissed off if they did.

It would depend on the particulars, but if you are accusing

Sep 6, 2018, 2:22 PM

me of being particularly disgusted that Kap has made the statement that he doesn’t respect this country because “cops are racist”, has given no specific explanation of what has to happen for us to win back his oh-so-important respect (I mean...what would do it? End racism?), and that his childish approach to this has led to more crime and fear in the inner cities...guilty.

null

Re: It would depend on the particulars, but if you are accusing

Sep 6, 2018, 2:38 PM

What does the term “respect this country” even mean? Serious question.

Can somebody not be grateful to live here and thankful for the sacrifices that people made but still recognize things that need to change and petition the government to “form a more perfect union” by bringing awareness to these things?

Ask Kap. He’s the one that is making the statement.

Sep 6, 2018, 2:50 PM

But please don’t try t explain to me how he actually respects America. He is specifically stating otherwise in both word and action. Some of you guys are really twisting yourselves in knots to support this guy. It’s like watching The Matrix Reloaded...”but what iiiiiis ‘choice’?”

“Can somebody not be grateful to live here and thankful for the sacrifices that people made but still recognize things that need to change and petition the government to “form a more perfect union” by bringing awareness to these things?”

Ha ha! Yes, and again, lol at the characterization of this guy’s protest.

Why oh why didn’t I take the blue pill.

null

Re: Ask Kap. He’s the one that is making the statement.

Sep 6, 2018, 3:40 PM

I’m asking what it means to “respect America”. I’m not trying to convince you Kap does. As far as I know he’s a law abiding citizen and that’s good enough in my book.

Yes, and this is me passing on the herring you’re offering.

Sep 6, 2018, 4:54 PM

You can start another thread and ask people what “respect for America” means to them to help you through your confusion. I have no time to walk through the twists and turns of your efforts to prove that Bob’s your Uncle. The point here is that Kap has said, both in words and deeds, that he does not respect America. So when you take exception to me saying that he does not respect America, you take exception to him, not to me.

null

Replies: 48
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic