Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why aren’t we dominant this season?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 1

Why aren’t we dominant this season?

Oct 1, 2018, 8:36 AM

I thought this was the year where it would be Bama and Clemson neck and neck duking it out for a national championship, instead we are falling in rank after each week. Just don’t get it

We got the best defense in the country but barely getting by two unranked teams.

Granted the win Saturday against Syracuse was nice but was looking for a more dominant effort on our part.

I hope we can step it up the rest of the year cause when the LSUs , Georgia’s , and Ohio States come knocking, it isn’t going to be easy at all and I don’t want another disappointment like las season cause this was supposed to be our year. :-/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^spoiled ^^^^

Oct 1, 2018, 8:38 AM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Why aren’t we dominant this season?

Oct 1, 2018, 8:39 AM

Too much drama, playing 2 QBs --- this team hasn't settled in to ... well, this team. Now that we have one QB, I think the O will improve significantly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

5outh Carolina thumb tour 2018

Oct 1, 2018, 8:39 AM

Tell 'em coot

Re: 5outh Carolina thumb tour 2018

Oct 1, 2018, 8:46 AM

They received one the past Saturday and we will give them another lol....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: 5outh Carolina thumb tour 2018

Oct 1, 2018, 8:52 AM

A&M too

Re: 5outh Carolina thumb ???? tour 2018

Oct 1, 2018, 9:33 AM [ in reply to Re: 5outh Carolina thumb tour 2018 ]

AWESOME gif! Does it come in orange?!

????????????????????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Oct 1, 2018, 8:41 AM

Yes, that's what you and your delusional fan base thought. Then yall got killed by Georgia and Kentucky. Coots gonna coot.

Kentucky REALLY stung, huh?***

Oct 1, 2018, 8:42 AM

Time for a Lesson Young Pup..

Oct 1, 2018, 8:43 AM

Dabo always plays a lot of players in exchange for "style points"...We did smoke GT...Furman was a workout, Ga Southern the same and Texas A@M was on the road, in the rain in front of one of the most hostile crows in football on the second a game of the year...This week we had a tad bit of Drama and our Defense won that game in the second half thanks to Dabo playing a lot of younger players early so we have depth...

We had to win the game playing 1980's Clemson football and just beat them on the line and we did. Look at the Box scores of the Games of our 1981 National title team and you would probably think they were terrible

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

KFC KFC KFC!!!***

Oct 1, 2018, 8:44 AM

Oct 1, 2018, 8:46 AM

We didn't dominate early in the year in 16 either.

Ignorant are you ?

Oct 1, 2018, 8:47 AM

Kids had a rough week and survived. KB2 held the Offense back, buckle up !

I would ask why you aren't talking about your coots....

But then again yall got a hard shot of reality Saturday lol. Guess y'all done for another season.

Re: I would ask why you aren't talking about your coots....

Oct 1, 2018, 8:49 AM

I’m talking about Us. Don’t try and sugarcoat it. You know what y’all saw out there Saturday has you concerned.

5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5

Oct 1, 2018, 8:53 AM

Tell 'em coot

Oct 1, 2018, 9:10 AM [ in reply to Re: I would ask why you aren't talking about your coots.... ]

I’m talking about Us. Don’t try and sugarcoat it. You know what y’all saw out there Saturday has you concerned.

I'm more confident after this game than I was before! After a rough weeek, we had a few awful turnovers that put the defense in bad position most of the game however they held strong when needed. ETN showed without a doubt that he can carry the team when needed. Our backup QB showed he can make BIG throws when everything is on the line when needed. Missed the first FG but Huegel shows that he stays calm and can hit them in big situations when needed.

Syracuse has looked pretty solid this year outside of the first game of the season. They came in fired up to play the #2/3 ranked team in the nation. Everything went their way including our only QB with game experience getting injured. Somehow we still won the game! How is that not something to be excited about?

Oct 1, 2018, 9:55 AM [ in reply to Re: I would ask why you aren't talking about your coots.... ]

Anything but! Saturday was a team with heart and love. That wins championships.

Said the avid Tiger fan

Oct 1, 2018, 10:04 AM [ in reply to Re: I would ask why you aren't talking about your coots.... ]

With a 48% pulse!

Oct 1, 2018, 10:09 AM [ in reply to Re: I would ask why you aren't talking about your coots.... ]

Open your eyes and you will see a team that is repping a lot of true freshman, including the QB, that is jelling and growing up each week. The question should not be are we a playoff today but will we be one at the end of the year. Learning how to find ways to win and overcome adversity developes a mental toughness that is invaluable in making a playoff run. Saban doesn’t doesn’t know how his team will respond when it gets punched in the mouth because it has t happened and most likely will not happen till the playoffs or the final game. Dabo knows exactly how his team will respond.

Oct 1, 2018, 10:23 AM [ in reply to Re: I would ask why you aren't talking about your coots.... ]

Nope. I still think we go undefeated and win the National Championship! I'm assuming after Kentucky five bombed y'all you're a Bama fan for rest of the season? Asking for a friend? ??

u don't know who this us is you speak of

Oct 1, 2018, 10:39 AM [ in reply to Re: I would ask why you aren't talking about your coots.... ]

but my son and i dominated the people sitting around us by being the loudest on every defensive play.

you should step up your game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

You have to study how our coaches handle the games to understand why we do not appear to be dominant. But here's the Cliff Notes on how they do it.

While our coaches play almost everyone to allow them some in-game experience, other teams play their 1's most of the game, and prefer to run up the score. This allows our opponents to hang around longer and makes us look like we're struggling. Only the trained eye sees thru this and understands the genius behind their approach to games.

Usually, we get a huge lead and start subbing. Playing SU did not allow us to do that, and Dabo had to go old school and grind out the win, coming from behind with a 3rd string QB against an undefeated team.

Hopefully this will allow you to understand why we do not appear to be dominant. Just watch closely and it will be revealed unto you. :)

Oct 1, 2018, 8:48 AM

It doesn't bother me that we aren't necessarily dominating, after all, we are getting our best shots from everybody we play. What concerns me is our slow starts. How many games so far this season have we gone 3 and out, or have a drive stall to start a game. It's nice to finish strong and get the win, but the reason we are falling is that we can't seem to put a team away early in the contest.
That and Dabo really doesn't like to RUTS!

I dunno man... are you drinking soy milk? cause that stuff

Oct 1, 2018, 8:49 AM

has a lot of estrogen.

maybe lose some weight and hit the gym to get your confidence up..then maybe you'll dominate more.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Oct 1, 2018, 8:54 AM

BEAT IT COOT!

Cause you don't have the talent and Jake Bentley isn't

Oct 1, 2018, 8:56 AM

a very good QB.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your team looked terrible against Kentucky, I expect the

Oct 1, 2018, 9:04 AM

same will occur against Missouri.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just keep winning and it'll all work itself out***

Oct 1, 2018, 9:06 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2018, 9:13 AM

Even in '15 and '16 we were never "dominant". We had games like Miami and others where we were clearly dominant, but we have never had a season where we have just destroyed the opponent every single game. Dabo seems to run on finesse and conditioning, meaning our teams tend to be one step ahead of the opposition instead of bulldozing them. Both have their advantages and disadvantages.

concern troll is concerned.***

Oct 1, 2018, 9:16 AM

Oct 1, 2018, 9:20 AM

An undefeated ACC Champ will be in the CFP..usually a 1 loss ACCChamp too. Style points don't matter like they used to. Run the table and then be in the playoffs with a team that has A LOT of guys with significant playing time this year. Dabo's formuala! Don't worry...we will blow some teams out the rest of the way...

Its October 1st lol***

Oct 1, 2018, 9:21 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Oct 1, 2018, 9:31 AM

Have the coots beat 4 undefeated teams ? Have the coots played virtually every player on the bench to get playing experience? It’s rocket science!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2018, 9:41 AM

1) Unsettled QB play

2) Offensive play calling & scheme. I also think our offense has lost some creativity.

3) OL. Our running backs run hard and looked outstanding last week. Most of the time our RB's are getting touched at or behind the los. Our OL has yet to consistently dominate a game run-blocking, or pass blocking (which used to be our strength).

4) Back-end of our defense. Safety play has been suspect, and back-up corners are still inexperienced.

5) Special teams continue to plague the program. As soon as Dabo plugs one leak another springs up.

I'm probably going to get flamed for saying all of this, but this is why I think we're a "great" but not "elite" team. I thought we'd be elite when the season ended, but at the moment I'm not so sure.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

troll***

Oct 1, 2018, 9:50 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

Please don’t mention

Oct 1, 2018, 10:00 AM

Ohio State in the same sentence with Clemson..... unless you want to talk about their O’fer record against us and the two mud holes we stomped into them

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Re: Please don’t mention

Oct 1, 2018, 11:51 AM

OMG - yes, do not mention Ohio State ! That 1978 game was the beginning of my becoming a Tiger! Graduated HS 1979 from a NC High School - no one had heard of Clemson there, but I started their education. Go Tigers !

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clay Travis doesn't even have us in his top 10.***

Oct 1, 2018, 10:05 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clay Travis doesn't even have us in his top 10.***

Oct 1, 2018, 10:21 AM

We’ll see man im not talking about dominance in terms of me I’m talking about why our team isn’t dominating against inferior opponents.

Do you think Brice can get us a natty this season ?

Re: Clay Travis doesn't even have us in his top 10.***

Oct 1, 2018, 10:48 AM

We’ll see man im not talking about dominance in terms of me I’m talking about why our team isn’t dominating against inferior opponents.

Do you think Brice can get us a natty this season ?

We have Dominated the Inferior Opponents....Which inferior team have we not dominated? Furman and GA Southern were on Auto-Pilot..@ GT All 72 players that dressed played in a route. The only team that has a shot of being on your criteria is Texas A&M and that was our 2nd game, on the road at night in a very hostile crowd...Syracuse was undefeated and beat us last year...

Please clarify what this team hasn't done so far to live up to your standards...

BTW..you do realize that every team that we will play Clemson will be facing that teams "A" game....

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Oct 1, 2018, 10:18 AM

Still trying to find the offensive identity, which isn't easy to do when you're figuring out your quarterback situation, and now fighting off QB injuries. It'll come, just takes time to find that groove.

5-0

Oct 1, 2018, 10:19 AM

Just Win Baby

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2018, 10:28 AM

There are several reasons but honestly I haven’t watched a lot of your games. Off the top of my head...
- Jake Bentley folds against good defenses
- Chump is your coach
- Ray Tanner is your AD
- You’re South Carolina and 1969 ACC champs
- You’re gonna lose 3, possibly 4 more

Oct 1, 2018, 10:57 AM

We always start slow early on, but improve as the year goes on for reasons we've discussed often. This year with a new QB it is especially true. TL will be our strongest asset come playoff time.

Because Muschump is a horrible head coach and your QB

Oct 1, 2018, 10:59 AM

is a joke. But then again, he's only a middle schooler. Right?

#stoopidcoots

Replies: 45
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic