Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Auburn game worries me
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 73
| visibility 1

Auburn game worries me

May 18, 2016, 5:09 PM

Every Clemson fan I speak with, even my wife, says we will have an easy game down on the Plains playing the War Eagles. But I'm very concerned. Talent wise were better. That's not my concern. But we best not take them lightly. That would be a big mistake. Playing on the road in a huge venue vs an SEC team in the opening game hasn't worked for us in the past. Yes I know this is a different Clemson. I know we have DW and awesome talent around him. But we also had superior talent last year when we played at Papa John Stadium, yet won by the skin of our teeth. Auburn's more talented than Louisville, and Jordan-hare is much more intimidating than Papa John's. So I am definitely concerned. Should be a close game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's Jerdin Hair.***

May 18, 2016, 5:10 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I'm worried about the refs***

May 18, 2016, 5:11 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm worried about the refs***

May 18, 2016, 5:12 PM

Should be an ACC officiating crew, so ya, I'm worried about that too...lol

EXACTLY***

May 18, 2016, 5:13 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 18, 2016, 7:51 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm worried about the refs*** ]

It's real simple why we lost that game; all our coaches headsets were " turned off" in the second half. No press box, no called in plays, just a hurt QB trying to do what he could.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 18, 2016, 8:11 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm worried about the refs*** ]

+1. I have little faith in our refs after the last debacle at AU.

Clemson came out on all cylinders the last time in Auburn.

May 18, 2016, 5:14 PM

Fell short in overtime but the crowd did not do us in. Perhaps Kevin Steels D that night. Good thing he is on the other side.

Re: Clemson came out on all cylinders the last time in Auburn.

May 18, 2016, 5:17 PM

I was at that game. I was so upset. I remember leaving the stadium and telling my wife I wasn't impressed with Auburn. Then they went on to win the natty.

Dabo was just getting started. Later that year we

May 18, 2016, 5:19 PM

shocked #10 Miami on the road.

But if you watch the first drive Clemson looks determined and smooth. And remember--Musbruger and Herbstreet said that was one of the hardest hitting games they had seen in a while.

AThomas I think your confusing that with

May 18, 2016, 5:25 PM

The 2009 season. That's when we beat Miami in Miami. In 2010 Miami came to Clemson and beat Clemson in a very sloppy game.

You are correct. Hard to believe that was 7-8 years ago.***

May 18, 2016, 5:28 PM

Re: AThomas I think your confusing that with

May 19, 2016, 9:26 PM [ in reply to AThomas I think your confusing that with ]

They did, but it absolutely was the loudest I ever heard Death Valley. The whole atmosphere was vibrating it was so loud. I actually wondered if the stadium might get weakened due to the vibration and decibel level. Sad we lost, but what a game!

May 19, 2016, 9:30 PM

Wasn't that double overtime.. It was wild

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

May 20, 2016, 6:53 AM

It was a double OT game, and it was eerie just how much noise and vibration I felt. Don't know if the West Zone renovations diminished the decibel volume, but I haven't heard it that loud lately.

May 30, 2016, 11:13 PM

We had a couple of Miami fans behind us. They started being mouthy the first few seconds of the game, but us (we the screaming fans) were having no party of that. We all stood and yelled and clapped and whistled until we were voiceless. Then when we finically lost that game after triple overtime everyone stood up to show them they were proud of our tigers for fighting to the end. Then the Miami fellow said "you people carry team spirit further than I have ever heard, but I wish the U would do the same

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

May 31, 2016, 11:52 AM [ in reply to Re: AThomas I think your confusing that with ]

You're now confusing the 2010 Miami game with the 2005 Miami game.

null

Re: Auburn game worries me

May 18, 2016, 5:14 PM

Clemson by at least two TD's.

May 19, 2016, 9:28 PM

I agree. We whip their butts in good fashion, and there is nothing they can do about it other than moan.

May 18, 2016, 5:16 PM

Auburn is not more talented than Louisville.

badb considering they beat Louisville

May 18, 2016, 5:18 PM

Last year, ID say they were.

Re: badb considering they beat Louisville

May 18, 2016, 5:29 PM

Well this year Louisville has there QB and a very good one at that.
The cards also have a very good D.
Auburn has neither

May 19, 2016, 9:29 PM

We still beat both of them, IMO. We have too many weapons, and they have too few answers.

May 18, 2016, 9:13 PM [ in reply to badb considering they beat Louisville ]

The first game of the season, yes. At the end of the season, no.

Remember, Jacksonville St took Auburn to OT at Jerden Hair.

They still won't have a QB, we will. Not to mention our QB has weapons that would make Kim Jong be giddy.

May 19, 2016, 9:32 PM

This could be a beat down by us on them like they put on us when Pat Sullivan was their QB. This could get ugly, early and stay late.

When you compare, Offense, Defense, Coaches & Coaching

May 20, 2016, 1:17 AM

If you look at our Recruiting, History of Recruiting, players w/ talent proven, player development, team practice quality against each other , Scheme, Championship mindset, OL & depth, DL & depth, WR's- 2-5* Mike Williams, RB-awesome, TE-the best, QB- Superman's Daddy.

Ok, just getting stated & I realize they have Lawson & Adams on DL but this game won't be close by the 3rd quarter our backups will be rolling over them.

Tigers 47
W-Eagles 17

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: When you compare, Offense, Defense, Coaches & Coaching

May 20, 2016, 6:57 AM

I just think this will be a methodical dismantling of them, and there is nothing they can do about it, except take it like a ####### in a hail storm.

Auburn is more talented than Louisville

May 18, 2016, 5:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Auburn game worries me ]

I'd say by a considerable margin. Their defensive line is especially talented. They recruit amongst the best in the country every year. They do not always develop, or make the best of that talent though, especially the last few years under Malzhan.

Message was edited by: gville76®

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Re: Auburn is more talented than Louisville

May 19, 2016, 7:57 AM

we know their D-line will be stout but our O-line is pretty impressive as well. I think we win but Aweburn will play hard. Nobody wants to lose the first game of the season even though half of the teams that play will. ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Auburn is more talented than Louisville

May 19, 2016, 8:10 AM

Looks like a lot of u either work for espn or drinking the sec cool aid. Auburn is not better than looville, if u watched their game last year, looville for whatever reason couldn't get past themselves. Having said that all barn will come out ready but we pull away. Might even just come in and punch em in the mouth too. But they don't have the overall talent to keep up.

When was the last time we lost to an unranked opponent?

May 18, 2016, 5:21 PM

When was the last time we didn't take a game seriously and lost?

Re: When was the last time we lost to an unranked opponent?

May 18, 2016, 5:30 PM

2011 NC State I think.

ESPiN will push them into the top ten before the...

May 31, 2016, 5:46 AM [ in reply to When was the last time we lost to an unranked opponent? ]

season starts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My suggestion for you? FOCUS!!!***

May 18, 2016, 5:22 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DW4

May 18, 2016, 5:32 PM

DW4 is the deciding factor. If they had DW4 they would win going away. But...they don't so we win comfortably.

May 18, 2016, 5:38 PM

That's why they don't let us play.... as a former baller I remember the running in the hot summer time and the sweat that soaked you everywhere.. your so ready to play a game, you don't care who you play. Our bunch will be ready.. Auburn is SEC and good, but we are better and we will win.. it maybe be late in the game, but I figure at least two touchdowns when we finally wear them down. they are pretty good, but thin.. backups are untested.. for them on defense

May 18, 2016, 5:48 PM

Auburn will be the 2nd most talented team we play all season outside of FSU. I expect a war on the plains.

May 19, 2016, 8:18 AM

You have bumped your head

May 19, 2016, 9:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Auburn game worries me ]

I, too, expect a war, but we win it, and we do it impressively, if we play our game and don't get hosed by our own conference ref's. Auburn, potentially, is a good team, but we are better. We are better and deeper than they are. Mistakes could be a killer for either team, but we can line up against anybody and have a great chance of winning the game. Things are different now at Clemson. No Fear!

I worry more about my square dancing than I do

May 18, 2016, 5:59 PM

About Auburn. Gotta remember more than 60 calls each week at my SD club in Raleigh!

Up the middle, up the middle, pass, Punt!

I wonder if they will have the same game plan as last time

May 18, 2016, 6:06 PM

we went down there. Their gameplan was simple: 1. Play dirty in the first half. 2. Play even more dirty in the second half.

I don't think we can afford to overlook this game either, esp. an opener at their field. But Dabo seems to be great at keeping the team focused even when the fans are getting too cocky.

spearing Kyle Parker while he's down. McNeil came in full speed.

May 18, 2016, 8:22 PM

and lowered the crown of his helmet directly to the ribs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Is McNeil out of prison yet...?***

May 31, 2016, 9:29 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 18, 2016, 6:10 PM

Some People just love worrying about things before there is a thing to worry about. Like if we will actually lose, worry about how it will affect our team at the end of the season. Nobody has even decided what color uniforms to wear yet, and you are worrying about how we will play the game!!!

May 18, 2016, 6:24 PM

Well at least if you skeered say you skeered and you did.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nothing to worry about,they're SEC.

May 18, 2016, 6:27 PM

The ACC Powerhouses of FSU & UofL are more of a threat than either one of the 2 SEC teams on our schedule.

May 18, 2016, 6:44 PM

Here's the way I look at it. At less than 100%, we man-handled our opponents in both the Orange Bowl and the National Championship game.

We held the "prolific" air raid offense of Oklahoma to 17 points on the biggest stage, an offense that averaged 52 points per game in the previous 7 contests before us. And outside of a few plays / mistakes against Alabama, we shut them down on all fronts and scored 40 points against what critics were calling the biggest, deepest, most-talented team in college history.

LSU scored 45 against Auburn in 2015 but was held to 16 by Alabama.

We put up 40 on Alabama, Auburn put up 13.

We are more talented, deeper than ever before, better coached, hungrier than ever. You might be afraid of Auburn but EVERYONE had better be afraid of us.

May 18, 2016, 6:46 PM

+1 for the eloquent gentleman from above the line of southern demarcation .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

May 18, 2016, 6:49 PM

Big Dug! Thank you sir! Hope you're enjoying this nice weather. :)

May 18, 2016, 8:31 PM

Be better if I was home , but yeah ...NYC is experiencing some great weather ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

May 18, 2016, 7:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Auburn game worries me ]

Yessir!! Preach!!!

+1...***

May 31, 2016, 9:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Auburn game worries me ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we just need to score a single touchdown

May 18, 2016, 6:53 PM

Their offense is miserable and will be such all year.
This year the coach and his staff are goners .. Good job by mr. Steele to get 1.1 million in compensation for one year knowing the coach is going to be sacked

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

May 18, 2016, 6:58 PM

Being a 9er worries me.

It hard to predict just how much beer I will drink... Don't want to run out!

May 18, 2016, 7:34 PM

Auburn and Louisville looked pretty even to me last year. Nothing to worry about DW is on a mission and all our boys are falling in line ready to fight with him. This is different than last year. I don't see DW missing throws like he did the Louisville game. I will always be anxious but worried? You really do sound as if you are a coot with your sec talk.

May 18, 2016, 8:00 PM

Surely ... or is it Shirley? ... you jest!

May 18, 2016, 8:10 PM

It probably will not be an "easy game", but I fully expect us to methodically dismantle them on offense and on defense, and I hope our Special Teams play puts them to shame, too. Anyway, my money is on us in every game. Yes, I drink the Kool Aid, but I believe we are that good.

May 18, 2016, 8:27 PM

SEC teams always worry me. Why? Because they play dirty. I will never forget the Peach Bowl against LSU. Our players kept getting hurt.....this Alabama fan who was at the game stood up and proclaimed "Welcome to the SEC" every time one of the Clemson players got hurt. I had to keep reminding myself that I am not a violent person.

May 18, 2016, 8:28 PM

WHAT????????
BRO! FIRST GAME OF THE SEASON. WE ARE TALKING DESHAUN WATSON MIKE WILLIAMS DEION CAIN ARTAVIS SCOTT WAYNE TRAIN HUNTER RENFRO.
AND THE DEFENSE IS GOING TO BE AMAZING.... I AIN'T GOT NO WORRIES..

May 20, 2016, 7:30 AM

I'm not going to attach any negative emotions about any game on our schedule until something happens to cause me worry. It's a wasted emotion otherwise, and I have faith in the program that Dabo has assembled at Clemson. To have negative thoughts this far away from a game is a lack of faith in what we have!!!

Everything you said is probably true

May 18, 2016, 8:32 PM

...but the better team usually wins. For example, Clemson beat Louisville in a ugly game, but they still won.

Kevin Steele's problems with spread-offenses are well chronicled, and he'll be facing arguably the best/most talented spread offense he's ever seen. Clemson's defense will be good enough to slow down whatever Auburn throws our way, they won't outscore Clemson (without several turnovers).

Auburn's stadium will be raucous, but Clemson will be ready. Dabo's teams don't get intimidated.

Clemson wins, not sure it'll be close though.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Everything you said is probably true

May 18, 2016, 8:37 PM

THEY ALL WORRY ME! TOO MANY UNCONTROLLABLE POSSIBILITIES!

May 18, 2016, 8:42 PM

but I think we win. go tigers!

May 19, 2016, 11:49 PM [ in reply to Everything you said is probably true ]

As for the atmosphere, I'm not really that intimated. We brought probably 25,000 fans to their house the last time. We play well enough to win. Will be a dog fight tho.

May 19, 2016, 9:35 PM

first game jitters...wrinkles from AU

...whole off season to game plan but works both ways

will be close late (home field) but with DW4 under center, we get the W in the end

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 19, 2016, 10:38 PM

You worry too much.

please Dabo, no FG's on the last play....

May 19, 2016, 11:55 PM

as if our special teams weren't decidedly un-special enough,

but there's really bad ju-ju on late FG's down there man....

really, really bad.

just ask lil' Nicky Saban and Catman. they seen it....

That's the same team that almost lost to Jacksonville St

May 20, 2016, 12:36 AM

Right? Just want to be sure that I'm not missing something here..... ;)

Go Tigers!

May 31, 2016, 12:16 AM

It will close for three quarters...maybe even until the end, we will be biting our nails

that said...a healthy DW equals win

the score irrelevant

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 31, 2016, 12:47 AM

When has Dabo allowed the team to overlook or underestimate an opponent? I can't remember a single time. He won't this time around either. We win fairly comfortably. Let's trust these coaches, and the talent, both are the best around.

Dabo's teams always underestimate the competition

May 31, 2016, 6:30 AM

I don't understand why he can't ever have us ready

I am worried as well.

May 31, 2016, 9:17 AM

It's the first game and anything can happen. I think we win by 14, but I am worried. You never know.

May 31, 2016, 11:39 AM

Probably because we won't be wearing white helmets

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

38-13***

May 31, 2016, 1:13 PM

Replies: 73
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic