Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Parker's Two-Sport Juggling Act Kicks Into High Gear
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Mar 10, 2008, 8:49 PM

Freshman quarterback hits football field for the first time after starring for baseball Tigers over the weekend. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This kid is a stud

Mar 10, 2008, 9:24 PM

I live in Greensboro so we drove over to WS to watch the double header yesterday. Parker struggled in Game 1; many times looking over matched at the plate, waving at off speed stuff, and not playing a great 1st base.

Then in Game 2 this kid shows what a warrior he is. 5 for 5, 3 bombs, 7 RBI's, basically making ACC pitching look like high schoolers he should be facing right now. What I was most impressed with is how Game 1 never seemed to enter his mind in Game 2. To me, that is the mark of a great player; forgeting failure and success instantly.

I really think we may never see this kid play on Saturday's in the fall. Without an unforeseen injury I really think that by the time his time at QB comes around he'll be getting paid to play baseball. For anyone who hasn't seen him on the diamond; if you're in the upsate drop by Doug Kingsmore for a weekend or if you live close to a road venue, get out and see him play. He really is that special.

I am proud that Kyle Parker is a Clemson Tiger. He is an impact player on the baseball team and taking part in spring football practice when he can. All the while going to college when he should be getting ready for his senior prom. This kid is a remarkable talent on the baseball field and from what I hear he is just as good under center. Get out and see this kid play because talents like him don't come around that often.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

HUSH! KP will play on saturdays!!!

Mar 10, 2008, 9:30 PM

Please do not start a meltdown here like when JD leaving talk started....

Photobucket

Re: HUSH! KP will play on saturdays!!!

Mar 10, 2008, 10:00 PM

I have to agree with him. By the time Korn is gone, Parker will be gone to play in the big leagues.

Mar 10, 2008, 10:15 PM [ in reply to HUSH! KP will play on saturdays!!! ]

My apologies. I didn't know that praising a kid about his talent on the diamond would cause a T-net meltdown. If you would have thought before you posted you would have realized that I was complimenting what a good baseball player he is and not being negative about his skills on the football field.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 11, 2008, 8:54 AM

i think it was negative by saying he will never play on sat..after all his education is being handed to him to play FB.and to sy he will never play FB for CLEMSON,would be a gross waste of money.as for the FB program paying for his education at CU.
as for a melt down i don't think so.look at the money that was wasted on ROSCO CROSBY.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 11, 2008, 9:49 AM

I thought Crosby paid his own way with his baseball money. He wasn't on scholarship was he?

Re: This kid is a stud

Mar 11, 2008, 10:22 AM [ in reply to This kid is a stud ]

I agree with what you are saying. He is supposed to be good at quarterback also, but if he is that good at baseball most of his time will be dedicated to that. By the time he is able to get a chance at quarterback, baseball will most likely be his life and wont risk getting hurt. And for all we know, the tigers will maybe recruit a five star quarterback out of highschool in the next 4 years thats better than he is. Overall Clemson is pretty solid at the QB position so I don't think he will play on saturdays either.

As for everyone else giving andylayne crap for his post, grow up a little. Everything he said was true and not one time did he ever say anything bad about KP's football skills. In fact here's a quote if you would stop being hard headed and read. "and from what I hear he is just as good under center."

Who knows, maybe he will play both sports. Just seeing these two sport athletes in the past, one sport usually wins out over the other. Unless he's a got Tim Tebow skills at QB, its going to be hard to contend with his baseball skills. thats all we are saying. GO TIGERS

I won't be surprised if he beats out Korn. Just a hunch.***

Mar 11, 2008, 1:33 PM [ in reply to This kid is a stud ]

He can't get paid to play baseball, he is a college student***

Mar 11, 2008, 7:45 PM [ in reply to This kid is a stud ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can get paid for baseball and play college football.***

Mar 12, 2008, 3:20 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who's Mark McGuire ?? Oh, you mean Mark McGwire***

Mar 10, 2008, 10:32 PM

Wow - he single-handedly scored 12 points? What could we

Mar 11, 2008, 8:46 AM

have done if the rest of the baseball team decided to show up? I think he's a huge asset, but I'm not going to say he's the only asset - single-handedly is a big word!

Re: Wow - he single-handedly scored 12 points? What could w

Mar 11, 2008, 10:05 AM

7 RBI and 5 Runs Scored (with 3 HR) = Responsible for 10 runs (3 of the RBI were also Runs Scored)
Still very impressive!

Another Rico Brogna or Jeff Francour, only he showed up!***

Mar 12, 2008, 3:21 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic