Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I won’t badmouth a young kid but with Burch it’s clear
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,676

I won’t badmouth a young kid but with Burch it’s clear

Dec 18, 2019, 3:16 PM

He wanted to be a big fish in a small pond. If he had committed to us it would’ve been the opposite. We are loaded on defense for the foreseeable future. I’m not one of those people that will say now that he committed somewhere else that we didn’t want him, but not getting him doesn’t hurt us.

And one or two people do not make a successful team. That team down in Columbia is going to struggle for a long time because of their lack of recruiting over the past few years and the fact that their coaches cannot develop talent.

I’m one that’s happy with what we got today I’m not worried about anybody else.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I won’t badmouth a young kid but with Burch it’s clear

Dec 18, 2019, 3:22 PM

Long as Muscoot is coach we are all good.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Dec 18, 2019, 3:23 PM

I agree with the big fish small pond theory. USCe will have a good DL. Time to move on, great day for Clemson still.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 18, 2019, 3:25 PM

I just wish we'd move on in situations like this and not comment at all. When we got guys like CJ Spiller, Sammy Watkins, Tajh Boyd, etc... before we were winning championships were those guys also wanting to be big fish in a small pond?

Maybe the kid grew up a South Carolina fan and always wanted to play for them? Maybe he wants to play for the hometown team? We don't know his thought process so why assume that we do? If we're truly not concerned about anyone but our own team and recruits then why say anything at all?

Dec 18, 2019, 3:32 PM

OK, but all the things you said you wouldn't do, you did. The kid and his family made the decision. It's just football.

I didn’t badmouth him.

Dec 18, 2019, 3:55 PM

I didn’t say he was stupid for choosing them, etc like other posters have. I just made a statement. It wasn’t derogatory. Your pulse is Cootish though.

Dec 18, 2019, 3:35 PM

Isn't that where is from? It's not as if Muscoot isn't putting together a good DL or can't coach a D. They have good facilities. He has a clear road to starting quickly. I think his choice was solid.

Dec 18, 2019, 3:38 PM

If he's any good he's can get all of the playing time he can stand at Cooterville as a freshman. Plus their D scheme offers something that no other college team can offer. Blocking you own team's players. Not sure why anyone would want that but it's there.

Plus with the cockroach going to allow alcohol sales Live PD will now have one stop shopping for several shows, meaning a player may get more TV time on another format as a bystander or participant.

Dec 18, 2019, 3:44 PM

Tbh, i could tell from pictures of him at the all in cookout that he wasn't going to be a tiger. Im pretty sure it was said that he was very quiet and didnt participate in many of the activities they had, i could be thinking of someone else though. He looked like a coot that was forced to wear a Clemson shirt for a day. Best of luck to him though.

Dec 18, 2019, 4:12 PM

Please make it stop. He didn't mislead Clemson. He did not decommit. He isn't going to end up pumping gas. He is not a Momma's boy. He is not overrated or scared of competition. He did not make a decision that will ruin his life. The staff at UsuC is not incapable of developing talent. The deep and personal arsehurt so many are experiencing is shocking.

I hate to say it

Dec 18, 2019, 4:45 PM

But this smells like Josh Belk all over

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,676
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic