Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I wonder who the one voter was
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,973

I wonder who the one voter was

Jan 22, 2020, 10:57 AM

Who voted against Jeter being inducted into the HOF? I guess he thought it shouldn’t be unaminous.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I wonder who the one voter was

Jan 22, 2020, 10:58 AM

I wondered the same thing

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this is a long, tired, and stupid tradition

Jan 22, 2020, 11:03 AM

this is not new.

11 people didn't vote for BABE RUTH. Was Jeter better than Babe Ruth? Apparently so by a lot, according to the percentage of the vote.

It took Joe Dimaggio 4 years to get a 75% vote and finally get in.

Just a bad look all around.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: this is a long, tired, and stupid tradition

Jan 22, 2020, 11:10 AM

I'm not sure it's the same thing at all.

I'm not surprised that there were 11 voters who didn't like Babe Ruth as a person and thought that was enough to warrant him not being in the Hall of Fame. He was certainly not the "baseball gentleman" that players were expected to be back then.

Obviously Dimaggio is a Hall of Famer, but he doesn't really have any eye popping numbers in terms of statistics. .325 BA is likely his best stat.

Less than 2,500 hits and less than 400 homers.

Fortunately voters eventually looked past these career numbers that were severely hurt by his years in the military in the prime of his career.

Re: this is a long, tired, and stupid tradition

Jan 22, 2020, 11:25 AM

I agree about the military service affecting many players. Especially Williams who was a fighter pilot. Dimaggio spent practically his entire military career (2 years at most) playing baseball with base teams.

Probably a writer with the Boston Herald or Boston Globe***

Jan 22, 2020, 11:13 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

agree^^^***

Jan 22, 2020, 11:46 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Probably a writer with the Boston Herald or Boston Globe***

Jan 22, 2020, 12:08 PM [ in reply to Probably a writer with the Boston Herald or Boston Globe*** ]

I think that would be too obvious..I'm thinking of the angle of someone who loves Mariano and wanted to keep him as the only unanimous selection. Either way, well deserved.

They will be releasing voting results next month, so the guy

Jan 22, 2020, 12:20 PM

has time to change his name and likeness

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Don’t overlook the possibility it was the

Jan 22, 2020, 1:45 PM [ in reply to Probably a writer with the Boston Herald or Boston Globe*** ]

jilted ex-boyfriend of Scarlet Johansen or many of the other hot wimmens he bedded...

... I know I’ve never gotten over Scarlet leaving me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

It's some ridiculous HOF voter thing. They dont like players

Jan 22, 2020, 12:18 PM

being unanimous. HOF voting is worse than Heisman voting. Heisman voters are incompetent and far too many of them doing even know what's going on in CFB, but these HOF voters are life-long baseball writers that closely follow the sport and make terrible decisions out of spite and ridiculous traditions that make no sense.

Re: I wonder who the one voter was

Jan 22, 2020, 12:19 PM

I confess, it was me, I voted against Jeter. I can't accept the fact that a player could be that good, for that long, and be a good person, too. I figured there had to be some closet skeletons somewhere so I left him off the ballot. I knew he would get in but I had to make my presence known albeit in absence!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,973
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic