Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Win with class, lose with class. Dave Doeren could learn a thing or two from Dabo
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 54
| visibility 1

New Story: Win with class, lose with class. Dave Doeren could learn a thing or two from Dabo

Nov 5, 2017, 8:01 AM

Win with class, lose with class. Dave Doeren could learn a thing or two from Dabo

If I’ve heard Dabo Swinney say it once, I’ve heard it more than 50 times during his coaching career. Win with class, lose with class. Maybe N.C. State head coach Dave Doeren needs to take note. Photo by Rob Kinnan / USATODAY Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Win with class, lose with class. Dave Doeren could learn a thing or two from Dabo

Nov 5, 2017, 8:05 AM

Not going to be much winning with class next year. They lose everyone! I mean everyone.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would be surprised if they beat BC next week

Nov 5, 2017, 8:14 AM

And Wake is even a toss up for them. That probably means another mid or even bottom tier bowl, and he's back on the hot seat where he belongs.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Win with class, lose with class. Dave Doeren could learn a thing or two from Dabo

Nov 5, 2017, 8:09 AM

David, very well written. Every word is absolutely true. I wouldn’t trade Dabo for any other coach win or lose!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2017, 8:15 AM

N.C. State is a joke. They've been chasing us and FSU for years. Doren should just accept his team will always be second fiddle to us and FSU.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2017, 8:44 AM

This article says it all! The towels, everyone is probably tired if hearing about the towels. I now I'm just glad Chubb got away with two, one for him and one for Doreen to wipe away their tears.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

when you're trash, you do trashy things***

Nov 5, 2017, 8:21 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Nov 5, 2017, 8:22 AM

Great article. I hope that the members of Clemson Nation that were butt hurt about Dabo congratulating Cuse now see how that isn't something to complain about. Doern is a dewsh and he sure showed it after the game. Hell, given the chance he'd probably spit on the officials as they walked out like his trashy fans did. They played us well but we came back and won like the better team should. It's #### sad they can't stomach that.

Nov 5, 2017, 9:52 AM

This is the first time I've heard that Dabo talked the Syracuse team after the game. I knew he said win with class, lose with class but know I know what that REALLY means.

I don't think I cold have done what he did. I'm surprised that some Clemson fans were 'butt hurt' by what he did. Maybe they should make Ugay their favorite team.

Way to go Dabo!!!

Doeren is just a product of his environment...

Nov 5, 2017, 8:22 AM

For as long as I can remember, aside from UGa fans, NC State fans are the most mouthy, whiny, low-rent trailer trash fans in college football.

Maybe we should all take-up a collection to buy Doeren some kerosene rags. He can tie them around his ankles to keep the ants off his candy a$$.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Maybe that's why Chubb wanted towels from

Nov 5, 2017, 8:34 AM

Kelly

Re: Doeren is just a product of his environment...

Nov 5, 2017, 9:47 AM [ in reply to Doeren is just a product of his environment... ]

100% correct! What a whiny little prick.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2017, 4:38 PM

> 100% correct! What a whiny little prick.

That he is! And, I’d bet an autographed Kelly Bryant sweat towel that beside being a whiny little p****k, Doeren also has a itty, bitty, teenie weeny!

Nov 5, 2017, 2:03 PM [ in reply to Doeren is just a product of his environment... ]

^^^^????^^^^

I thought it was great that Dabo visited the Cuse locker rm

Nov 5, 2017, 8:23 AM

He's got real class and represents our university well. Doeren is just a big flippin' baby.

Nov 5, 2017, 8:23 AM

Well said. Even earlier this week Dabo said if we win our goals are still on the table and if we lose we tip our hat to the better team and move on. Don’t think Doreen sees it that way....

Meh. I don’t put too much stock in what 6-3 coaches have

Nov 5, 2017, 8:28 AM

to say.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Agreed, but didn't realize Doeren was

Nov 5, 2017, 9:48 AM

that tall

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Agreed, but didn't realize Doeren was

Nov 5, 2017, 4:20 PM

Maybe Doreen was wearing heels.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Agreed, but didn't realize Doeren was

Nov 5, 2017, 4:41 PM

Red, spiked heels!!!!!!! Similar to the clown shoes Coach Chuck Amatto used to wear when he coached State!

Nov 5, 2017, 8:37 AM

Great words DH. They need to get to Doeren, although his pride would likely get in his way for the lesson he needs. When has complaining about I juries and penalties ever changed a game oitcome? Geez, he needs a break from coaching. Maybe permanent.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's had plenty of chances to learn how to lose

Nov 5, 2017, 8:51 AM

Just not in games when he hoped he could win.

Nov 5, 2017, 8:58 AM

I went to the game with some good friends who are NC State grads, but sat in the CU section - one of them. They had us in the 4 corners of the stadium. I'll have to say that the experience was a nightmare. There were State fans sitting all around us, one of whom had had way too much to drink. They yelled obscenities at the refs and were basically obnoxious. When I went down to the men's room they were rude and the whole place was loud with their piped in rap music. My friends were good losers, but they were the exception to those who booed the officials and threw ice at them or spit on them. That behavior, which mimics that of the coach, has no place in college football. Go Tigers.

Nov 5, 2017, 9:17 AM

Desperate losers - brings out the best in NC State.(Yeah, I don't think they get any better than that.)

Nov 5, 2017, 9:02 AM

A tale of two coaches

Nov 5, 2017, 12:59 PM

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

Nov 5, 2017, 9:15 AM

Bump

Nov 5, 2017, 9:16 AM

I raise my hand, I was one of the Clemson fans who didn't care for Dabo visiting the Syracuse locker room. I'll also raise my hand of being one that hated the way Doeren has acted over his loss to us. I'll also again raise my hand that I've just leaned the real meaning of how being classy represents it's self in men like a Dabo Swinney. I think that I have learned a lesson here on how to win and lose with class. Shaking the hand of the winner and admitting they were better than you that day, it surely looks much better to the people who are watching. The proof in having Class is in how people are seeing Dave Doeren after a loss, and knowing Dabo's actions after a loss is the difference in being Classy or being an A$S hole after losing a "Game"!!! Dabo represents his team and Tiger Nation with nothing but Class, and looks Classy doing it!!! I'm honestly proud of the coach that we have representing Clemson and our FB program!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2017, 2:32 PM

Curious as to why you had an issue with coach visiting the cuse locker room at first? I thought that was an amazing show of sportsmanship. I dont think any other coach in the country would have done that. He wanted the players to know that it wasnt about clemsons mistakes, but that they were the better team that day. Speaks a lot on our university. Also...some of these comments about State and their fans and doeren are just as bad as they were to us yesterday. Not happy with some of what ive been reading.

Nov 5, 2017, 11:13 PM

Honestly, I guess it was bc of the pain I was feeling over the loss to cuse, and my personal character took a hit by forgetting what Classy represents, and that is one actions of self!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2017, 2:32 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Win with class, lose with class. Dave Doeren could learn a thing or two from Dabo ]

Curious as to why you had an issue with coach visiting the cuse locker room at first? I thought that was an amazing show of sportsmanship. I dont think any other coach in the country would have done that. He wanted the players to know that it wasnt about clemsons mistakes, but that they were the better team that day. Speaks a lot on our university. Also...some of these comments about State and their fans and doeren are just as bad as they were to us yesterday. Not happy with some of what ive been reading.

Is that a smart watch on Doeren's arm? FULL INVESTIGATION!***

Nov 5, 2017, 9:28 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Culture issue at NCST?

Nov 5, 2017, 9:31 AM

Remember when the coach 2 years ago took a swing at Deshaun. Their fans were threatening their kicker's life last year. They yell WOLFPACK during the national anthem. Spitting and throwing things at our players and the referees last night. (Check out the video. Local law enforcement there was watching and doing nothing.) Idiot staff member tried to knock the ball out of our guys hand on the final play. Chubb's playground bully antics. Check out Mickey's pregame tweet about classless remarks fans were yelling about Watson injury. The team and staff are not directly responsible for the behavior of fans but the bar is being set very low by Coach Dave, Chubb, and the clowns on the NCST sideline.

Re: Culture issue at NCST?

Nov 5, 2017, 2:31 PM

Don’t forget that it was “Captain” Chubb who spit on the FSU endzone logo after they won that game. Is this kid supposed to be a leader???

Re: Culture issue at NCST?

Nov 5, 2017, 2:31 PM [ in reply to Culture issue at NCST? ]

Don’t forget that it was “Captain” Chubb who spit on the FSU endzone logo after they won that game. Is this kid supposed to be a leader???

Nov 5, 2017, 9:38 AM

I think the Best is Yet to Come for the Wolfees when they travel to BC next week because BC will give them A Physical Beat down.
I believe Dornean is "outa there" at the end of this year because too many SEC teams are desperate for anything better than what they have plus he loses almost everyone.

Nov 5, 2017, 9:53 AM

But really, could we have expected any more from the coach who cited "knocking their (Clemson's) tailback out of the game" as a major accomplishment? Gotta put his attitude and actions last night in the "to be expected" category.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Blaming injuries when 2 days before,

Nov 5, 2017, 9:55 AM

said he wasn't concerned with them?

http://nsjonline.com/article/2017/11/doeren-optimistic-injured-wolfpack-players-will-be-ready-for-clemson/

Clemson

An organization takes on the characteristics of its leader.

Nov 5, 2017, 9:56 AM

Dabo is teaching his kids sportsmanship and accountability. Doeren is teaching his kids to make excuses and not to accept accountability.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Sitting on the couch with my wife and son before the game

Nov 5, 2017, 10:43 AM

when ESPN showed Dabo "talking" to Doeren. I remarked that Doeren obviously didn't like Dabo. Dabo was talking in his usual happy go lucky tone and Doeren was looking away disinterested. I should know. I don't like many people and have that same look myself many times. ;)

That is a guilty look on Doeron's face, he is probably still

Nov 5, 2017, 9:03 PM

feeling guilty about the "Gallman" take out quote from him.

My honest feelings regarding NCSU football

Nov 5, 2017, 12:01 PM

I have always had respect for NC State football and its tradition. I have felt that if there is a program in the ACC that should have the same success as Clemson it should be NC State. In the last 24 hours I have lost all respect for the NC State football program. From players' on-field antics to the fans' post game behavior I've seen a lot to make up my mind this is a program and fan base that doesn't know how to win nor lose and that there is a reason they have not won a championship since 1979 (if I recall the date correctly). Dave Doren's team committed penalties and errors that cost them the game. Instead of accepting responsibility and taking the high road, Doren blames officiating and since his team could not win the game he tries to dirty a hard fought Clemson victory with something he admits he found out on the way to the press conference. He doesn't take the time to find out and take the right channels to find out the facts, instead he seizes on the opportunity to slander a program his program doesn't hold a candle to. Dabo Swinney has become the second all time winningest coach at Clemson by doing things the right way and has earned a good reputation. Doren is a small man and its unfortunate that he is their coach. He owes Clemson and Dabo a public apology.

Re: My honest feelings regarding NCSU football

Nov 5, 2017, 3:16 PM

Well said.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My honest feelings regarding NCSU football

Nov 5, 2017, 5:09 PM [ in reply to My honest feelings regarding NCSU football ]

Thanks so much for saying what needed to be said. There are many Clemson fans who have loved the Tigers for generations. We have always been so proud of the class the program has shown. It feels great to know that class continues. Thanks again and Go Tigers!

David Hood...... This is the best article I've ever read...

Nov 5, 2017, 12:47 PM

Great job!!!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doeren misheard Dabo. Thought he said "Win & lose w/ TRASH."***

Nov 5, 2017, 12:55 PM

People that blame officials and injuries.....

Nov 5, 2017, 1:05 PM

Have no class. Injuries and officials are part of sports. When you lose, give credit to your opponent and work on your mistakes. It's part of being an adult. If you blame others you never grow up.

Re: People that blame officials and injuries.....

Nov 5, 2017, 2:10 PM

Like Dabo has been saying for 2 weeks - no one is 100% at this point in the season.

Nov 5, 2017, 2:31 PM

Yeah, but it is doubtful he will learn anything...

I wonder what Doeren's excuses and whines will be about

Nov 5, 2017, 2:50 PM

next week when BC hands it to them.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Classless... just like all NCST fans I know***

Nov 5, 2017, 3:17 PM

Re: Classless... just like all NCST fans I know***

Nov 5, 2017, 6:14 PM

NC State...a school of Tradition. They have a Tradition of having as much tradition of the USC Gamecocks....NO tradition.

Nov 5, 2017, 6:13 PM

OMG....another coach TRYING To out-Petrino Petrino. That trashy coach tried trick plays and a string of time-outs to win the game. WHAAAAA. Screw NC State. Clemson is the champion of the Textile Bowl, ONCE AGAIN.

Doeren had a hard time looking Dabo in the eyes at pregame

Nov 5, 2017, 9:01 PM

meeting on field. The photo showed that awkward moment above. Probably feeling guilty about bragging about taking Gallman out last year.

Dave Doeren could learn a thing or two from

Nov 5, 2017, 10:26 PM

Rat Season in the 1960's.

Re-cut that hair to 0mm.

Wear that red beanie--don't get caught without it.

"Hey Pup!!!! Go get me a COLD six-pack of Bud from Top O' The Hill in Chapel Hole."

Carry a Goodie Box with treats for the upper classmen--and it better never be EMPTY.

Run to Class...because you'll have three errands to do between them, and you can't be late.

Say "Yes Sir" and "No Sir" with genuine respect. Otherwise, drop and give me 20.

What else, TNetters????

Replies: 54
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic