Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I wonder if you guys know how critical that line of gain...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

I wonder if you guys know how critical that line of gain...

Oct 3, 2016, 7:10 AM

marker is to UL football. I spoke extensively with a UL lineman who just happens to be my ex wife's nephew. He's a real nice kid and I can testify that he's one of the good ones on their team and doesn't lie.

UL's football players need a line of gain marker on both sides of the field. When on their end of the field they do fine at knowing how far to run to get a first down. They are working on their pluses this semester and do pretty good at adding say, 34+4 and even 45+2 so they know where the line of gain is by using, well, he called it 'Higher Mathematics,' and by adding the little marks to the big marks on their fingers they could work it out.

On the opponent's end of the field it's much more complicated due to their "Algebra Professor's" policy of not work on their 'take aways,' until Spring semester.

They call counting on your fingers 'the digital method,' and he also said the prof told them "differential equations is probably impossible to get until you can do your 'adds onto(s) and take away(s), real good.' It sounded like he referred to "times and goes into's," as graduate work.

He also shared that they all intend on showing special attention in the 'take away,' semester and should be better at first downs and line of gains next year being that they will 'cipher real good,' then.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I wonder if you guys know how critical that line of gain...

Oct 3, 2016, 7:12 AM

LOL

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Hey, that's not funny.

Oct 3, 2016, 7:25 AM

We should apologize for taking math for granted. Clemson is better than that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2016, 7:28 AM

Ha ha! Good one, CT88.

I do feel bad for the kid --- a little bit. Like I felt bad for the SC St player who tossed the ball in the end zone without taking a knee. Like I felt bad for Ray Ray for tossing the ball behind him before he crossed the line.

I can almost see where one could argue that the L'ville player lost the game for the cards. I mean, there's a chance he could have broken the tackle and made that first down without having to employ any math skills at all. But we'll never know. And Tigers WIN!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2016, 8:26 AM

all my son said was that "he didn't make it to the yellow line. We win daddy!!"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That yellow stripe is very accurate with today's technology.

Oct 3, 2016, 8:42 AM

I don't know why UL don't use it. ;)

Re: That yellow stripe is very accurate with today's technology.

Oct 3, 2016, 8:46 AM

my son is five and sometimes it is hard for him to understand that the line is only on TV and not on the field. At a HS football game last year he asked me where was the yellow line. He took after his mother, (thank God) and is actually pretty smart for his age.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm happy you spend time with him, MFO.***

Oct 3, 2016, 9:02 AM

Petrinus is petitioning the ncaa to put a yellow

Oct 4, 2016, 9:54 PM [ in reply to Re: That yellow stripe is very accurate with today's technology. ]

Line on the field for his players.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ok, finally we have somebody with some smarts

Oct 3, 2016, 10:00 AM [ in reply to Re: I wonder if you guys know how critical that line of gain... ]

The rest of the season, I would like to hear your kids comments. They will make way more sense 99% on TNet or the media.

Looking forward to spawn of MyFavOrange segments!

Go Tigers!

Oct 4, 2016, 9:13 PM

The whole time I'm reading this. I can picture Dennis Miller saying this

Well that sucks.

Oct 4, 2016, 9:21 PM

Please read it again and imagine Christopher Walken's voice.

Is a gain of slaw involved here?***

Oct 4, 2016, 9:43 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The equivalent of bowling with bumpers.***

Oct 4, 2016, 9:58 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

I've done a close analysis of your very good

Oct 5, 2016, 12:24 AM

research. But your work on this can be even more precise if you factor in the number of spokes in both wheels Petrino's bike.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I googled spokes on a harley, a harley has more than ten.

Oct 5, 2016, 8:03 AM

They'd need to take their shoes off to cipher a quantity that high. He said 21 is their maximum without a calculator.

I've done a close analysis of your very good

Oct 5, 2016, 12:27 AM

research. But your work on this can be even more precise if you factor in the number of spokes in both wheels of Petrino's bike.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Differential equations. I guess that's more than I expected

Oct 5, 2016, 12:50 AM

from a bunch of Juco's....and what's up with Josh Harvey Clemons who has been playing CFB for like 9 years now it seems...idk, maybe it's just me.. We have engineering majors playing ball. Try Statics or Thermo while playing football.....SMH!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic