Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Some people need to grow up. Where they this butthurt over Stoudt being benched?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,566

Some people need to grow up. Where they this butthurt over Stoudt being benched?

Sep 25, 2018, 12:33 PM

I just don’t remember anyone giving a flip about poor Cole Stoudt. He and Deshaun had virtually the same amount of yard passing when Deshaun took over(rightlfully so.) Deshaun had a few more TDs and generally looked like a better QB. In 2018 TL has a better sample size to go on.

Does KB think he’s entitled to start? Newsflash- just because you “do everything the right way” doesn’t mean everything will go your way. For those of us who have lived longer we know that’s not the case. I’m not ashamed to admit I’ve been in a similar situation in my career- having to watch a younger less experienced guy be promoted because he was more productive.

Life isn’t always about reward, it isn’t fair, and it doesn’t owe you anything. Last I checked KB is a graduate of Clemson University with a national champion ring, and no debt. And if he wants to transfer, so be it. I’d wish him well and will root for him.

For anyone who says “Dabo did KB dirty”, I want to live whatever charmed life you have where everything is fair and just. Sports are inherently a zero sum, unfair business. Suck it up or go home.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Some people need to grow up. Where they this butthurt over Stoudt being benched?

Sep 25, 2018, 12:36 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

“Where they this butthurt”?

Sep 25, 2018, 12:39 PM

Don’t bother changing it, I already took a screenshot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Some people need to grow up. Where they this butthurt over Stoudt being benched?

Sep 25, 2018, 12:39 PM

I don't think Bryant was done dirty for the record. However, there's a lot of difference between Bryant who started for an entire season, was the starting QB for us when we won the ACC, got into the playoffs, and then started the first 4 games of this season, and Stoudt who lasted halfway into the 1st quarter of his 3rd career start before losing the job to Watson.

Sep 25, 2018, 12:43 PM

Also to add to that difference, Bryant was 14-2 as a starter, and Stoudt was 1-2 at the point where he lost his job. I'm not saying the teams around them were the same, but there's certainly a lot of difference in the two being benched.

Again, I'm in favor of Lawrence being the guy, and wanted it to happen based on the way he played, and I also don't feel Bryant was done wrong at all. In fact, I haven't really seen anyone who is saying he was done wrong outside of a few trolls. I'm just saying I can understand why this decision was a lot more emotional based on how long Bryant had been starting.

Nice strawman argument.***

Sep 25, 2018, 12:41 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2018, 2:30 PM

this situation is different. stout was god awful and didnt lead us to a cfb playoff berth. Kelly, on the other hand was serviceable and did lead us to an almost undefeated regular season

Sep 25, 2018, 2:33 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

I wonder if the guy that won 5 of last 9 national championships

Sep 25, 2018, 2:41 PM

Really cared about feelings? Doubtful. He probably just thought, you know Bama is paying me millions to put the best team on the field and I’m going to do that.

Thanks Jalen for what you’ve done but you’ve been out-recruited and it’s my responsibility to play the best player. End of story.

Jalen was serviceable too***

Sep 25, 2018, 2:42 PM

No, they wheren't***

Sep 25, 2018, 2:54 PM

I never want to see any kids lose their starting position.

Sep 25, 2018, 3:01 PM

It has nothing to do with what I want. Actually, it has nothing to do with what I want or what anyone on Tnet or anywhere else wants either.

Cole and Kelly got passed by young men with much more talent.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,566
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic