Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I wonder if NFL teams will watch how BV defended
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

I wonder if NFL teams will watch how BV defended

Nov 25, 2019, 11:15 PM

Lamar Jackson in 2017. He is lighting it up right now in the NFL and probably going to win the MVP barring an injury. BV contained him pretty well in the 2017 matchup against Louisville

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lamar is a very different QB than in 2017. He is at another

Nov 25, 2019, 11:24 PM

level. It's amazing the player he has become. Watching how BV schemed for him is irrelevant to today. Special year for my Ravens!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I wonder if NFL teams will watch how BV defended

Nov 25, 2019, 11:37 PM

If I recall..LJ lit us up the second half in the valley in 16. Took some late magic by DW to pull out a victory

uh, you forgot some late magic

Nov 26, 2019, 6:14 AM

from our corner, on an island and finding himself the lone defender between their WR and a touchdown, game saving tackle just before he got in the EZ. Team effort and everyone doing their job, for sure.

I still remember Fowler: "Didn't get there! DID NOT GET

Nov 26, 2019, 8:55 AM

THERE!"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2019, 11:39 PM

Maybe the ravens are the best team he’s ever played on and certainly his best coaching staff.

Nov 25, 2019, 11:46 PM

If you look back on when Clemson played him . . it is darn good that the rest of the Louisville team wasn't on par Clemson. We had a rough time, beating him in Clemson, with a Louisville team that wasn't a match for us. Lamar was, but not the rest. The Ravens brought in Lamar's top receiver this year and he didn't even make their Scout team.

Nov 26, 2019, 4:03 AM

Yea we hear these kind of arguments all the time. Yet Deshaun scorched the most talented Bama defense in over 2 decades in the National Title and he did it twice. If Watson had a better NFL coach all the talk of town would be about Watson.

Lamar landed in a perfect spot and he's #### good but he's on a stacked roster and the NFL will dust off the old Mike Vick DVDs before the playoffs and remind themselves off how to play Jackson. Everyone is so scared to rush the guy and drop 7-8 do they can keep eyes on him, they really should be selling out to get multiple defenders in the backfield so he can't run. I would rather lose to his arm(which he can beat you with) than lose to a demoralizing 50+ yd run. Make him throw the ball 30+ times and with bodies all around him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Nov 26, 2019, 5:17 AM

He can throw great now too. If they attempted to just make him beat them with the pass he would run all over them too. He is destroying all of the best defensive minds and the league's best defenses with a balanced attack. He picked apart the Pats D. He worked all off season on throwing and is on fire. He also put on 20lbs of muscle. He is the best athlete on the field at all times. He is a freak. He has gone 6 games without an interception and has thrown 13tds. He has the 2nd best passer rating and close to 1st, but also the most td passes. He is 9th in all of football for rushing yards including rb's. He leads the league in yards per carry by far. He leads the league in total tds. He is doing things nobody has seen. He is really humble too and his team loves him and they play hard for him. Got give credit where credit is due.

Nov 26, 2019, 5:30 AM

Good post. DW4 will always be my favorite but LJ is a force right now and deserves to be highlighted.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lamar played in a sophisticated passing offense in College,

Nov 26, 2019, 10:49 AM [ in reply to Re: I wonder if NFL teams will watch how BV defended ]

VT drew plays in the dirt for Vick and he didn't adjust his passing game until he got to Philly

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2019, 4:34 PM [ in reply to Re: I wonder if NFL teams will watch how BV defended ]

I'm not sure I'd call the Ravens a stacked team. He's got a good offensive line, but his leading WR is a rookie, and the other guys are just guys. He's got 3 solid TEs and Ingram who has always been a good but not great back. He's not really doing anything schematically that several running QBs haven't also done over the past decade or so, he's just doing it way better. He's got Cam Newton running vision with Michael Vick speed, and he's actually a good passer on top of that, so he will make you pay if you just run a contain-heavy defense. The Pats tried to do exactly what you suggested and he burned them anyway.

the key ingredient to Brent's defense was an overwhelming

Nov 26, 2019, 10:50 AM

level of talent and depth

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ha I’m sure not. Plenty of NFL teams have contained him

Nov 26, 2019, 11:41 AM

since coming into the league, that’s much more relevant. Heck even the Browns found a way to deal with him earlier this season. Plus, he has changed a lot as a QB since 2017. Not the same player.

Nov 26, 2019, 4:20 PM

Tony Dungy was on Pat Mcafee's radio show this morning. He mentioned that in the off season, pro teams would be visiting College D-Coordinators to learn how to stop the read option to defend Lamar. He mentioned that Clemson would be one of the schools they went to.

Oh Snap that is crazy.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic