Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I don’t care for Chad Morris
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

I don’t care for Chad Morris

Dec 9, 2017, 5:59 AM

Don’t hate him but just don’t like him. He did the job he was hired to do when he was here but you always felt he was headed somewhere else. Now that he has been gone a few years, he isn’t being authentic. Using some things you have seen in your past to build on is one thing but downright being unauthentic doesn’t go well. Dabo cannot be chad and chad can’t be dabo. I’ve seen other people do that in my life and it rarely works out.

My guess is he will fall flat on his face in Arkansas. I’m sure he will win some but he will be fired within 3 -4 years in my opinion. I’m going to say this and I could be wrong but my gut tells me that Dabo doesn’t like chad but right about now. I’m thinking he doesn’t care much for him because of how he acts.

I would bet money Dabo would not rehire chad if we had an opening.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can't believe you spent the time to type all of that

Dec 9, 2017, 6:05 AM

Fail.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Of course, you are entitled to your opinion, but my

Dec 9, 2017, 6:17 AM

half-century+ association with Clemson since my freshman year makes me emphatic stating that we would NOT be where we are now had Chad Morris not come to Clemson.

That he has gone on to other programs doesn't bother me one iota nor does his talks, speeches, whatever to motivate others.

Most of our staff, including Dabo Swinney, came from elsewhere and reenervated their loyalties to Clemson. Chad is no different, and I will remain highly appreciative for his contributions while wishing him success in all his endeavors.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Of course, you are entitled to your opinion, but my

Dec 9, 2017, 6:56 AM

Don’t believe that for a second. Dabo would have just hired another coach to run the scheme he wanted at Clemson. This is all Dabo , chad didn’t build it.

He could have hired another; however, he didn't. That makes

Dec 9, 2017, 7:11 AM

me believe that Dabo thought Coach Morris had the talents we needed.

That he remained until another offer came along indicates that Coach Swinney was well-satisfied. Maybe so, maybe not...yet Chad remained.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Of course, you are entitled to your opinion, but my

Dec 9, 2017, 10:17 AM [ in reply to Of course, you are entitled to your opinion, but my ]

I agree!!!!! Chad Morris started Clemson out on the road to success. He did wonders for our offense, and he has always been a friend since he departed. I'm happy that Dabo replaced him with Clemson grads on offense - co-OCs and QB, because grads have a vested interest in winning - especially against the Gamecocks!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don’t care for Chad Morris

Dec 9, 2017, 7:02 AM

he brought us watson and did an amazing job with boyd. but he seemed aloof and it was obvious that he was climbing the ladder. he was not a clemson man in my eyes, but i appreciate his contributions and how he helped this program move forward. i want nothing but success for him at arkansas.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed. And as a leader, it's a tough balancing act.

Dec 9, 2017, 7:06 AM

OTOH, you want people who are ambitious and want to advance by being as good as they can be (after all, isn't that how we got Dabo?).

OTOH, if you have too many super-ambitious folks, you're going to lack continuity in your staff and organization.

Tricky to get it just right.

Chad did fine for us and it only makes Clemson look good (the Dabo coaching tree) if he does well with the pigs.

Having followed him a bit at SMU, he actually did pretty well with what he had there. All the money in the world, but not the talent.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2017, 1:35 PM [ in reply to Re: I don’t care for Chad Morris ]

Climbing the ladder is the aspiration, or should be, for those who want to share the American dream. In doing so, one puts forth their best efforts. I would venture to say that most assistant coaches aspire to become a head coach or an assistant at a more prestigious school or program. There are a few who do not fit this mold and prefer to share their talent and efforts in an entirely different way. I believe Venables and Bud Foster at Virginia Tech are examples of those who are happy in their current roles.

Morris' interest in luring Venables to Arkansas does not bother me. For selfish reasons. I would like Venables to remain at Clemson forever. If I were a coach, I would want to surround myself with the best talent available, and that is what Morris apparently sees in Venables. Currently, there is much talk about members of Dabo's staff being mentioned for positions at other schools. This should be considered a compliment for what Dabo has assembled here at Clemson. A lack of interest would indicate an altogether different impression of his staff.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've said it before and I'll say it again

Dec 9, 2017, 7:18 AM

I love me some Chad Morris and I don't care who knows it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Dec 9, 2017, 7:31 AM

The Chad is the man and I am glad they paid him a boat load of cash and I hope he destroys the SEC west while drinking redbull and taking 3 shots down the field every quarter and recruiting the best player we ever had while he was in the 9th grade

I wish we had some Chad Mortis deep shots

Dec 9, 2017, 11:28 AM

What do we get now? Like one deep shot a game? Wake me up after this snoozer.

I loved how Chad would run it up until Dabo made him call draws and screens for the rest of the game.

All I know is I want no part of playing Arkansas in 2 years.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I wish we had some Chad Mortis deep shots

Dec 9, 2017, 1:10 PM

Lol yeah Dabo made him do it. Dude get a clue. We took multiple shots down field with Watson while he was here. KB is not Watson and our OCs are doing a #### good job of scheming to his strengths.

If you asked Dabo he'd probably tell you

Dec 9, 2017, 8:17 AM

That imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

With that said, "Bloom where you're planted" sounds much better than "be where your feet are".

Dec 9, 2017, 8:26 AM

He did a great job building an offensive identity at Clemson that we've actually improved upon without him.

He's parlayed that success into a stint at SMU as HC, and now the Arkansas job. Sounds like you just don't like him for speculative reasons. You may be right Chad's character, but was he supposed to beg to stay at Clemson forever?

The only thing he's done that I thought was "off" was contacting BV to be his defensive coordinator. I understand why he'd swing for the fences, unless BV had personally told me he was unhappy I don't think I would have done it.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2017, 8:41 AM

I doubt your reasoning.Chad was what we needed at the time and did a wonderful job.We all should wish him well.He learned a lot from Dabo and vice versa just like we all do when we go thru life and learn from those who taught us

Life is more enjoyable building people instead of knocking

Dec 9, 2017, 8:41 AM

them down. I appreciate what The Chad did when he was here. He's part of the reason we are where we are and I'm grateful for it.

Re: Life is more enjoyable building people instead of knocking

Dec 9, 2017, 9:52 AM

Even the talk he was coming after Venables irritated me. I don’t care who he gets but the thought of him trying to take Venables from Dabo tells me all I need to know. I knew Venables wouldn’t go but for him to even consider doing that to Dabo screams loser. There are plenty of other defensive minds in football, why try and take wat Dabo has? A guy who gave him a huge opportunity. I’m sure Dabo doesn’t mind his former coaches being successful but I’m certain that doesn’t include poaching his current staff. I’m sry but that’s classless in my book.

For all that you guys say chad did for Dabo and Clemson , Clemson and Dabo did far more for him and he should repay Dabo by not being a jerk.

Dec 9, 2017, 10:52 AM

Obviously Chad and bv are friends. They might be best friends you never know. How can you get mad to someone for trying to hire their friend. Chad put in work at Clemson. He wants to be successful and why not take a stab at the best defensive coach in the game.

Dec 9, 2017, 1:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Life is more enjoyable building people instead of knocking ]

There is zero evidence Chad tried to hire Venebles away from Clemson. In fact, when asked if that was who he was after his response was"I don't think Dabo would like that very much" Stop acting like a teenager and believing every rumor you read online

Dec 9, 2017, 9:55 AM

Nothing wrong with Morris. He wanted to be a head coach. That wasn't happening at Clemson. He took with him elements of a successful program in Clemson.

Don't see how you can fault the man with that.

Dec 9, 2017, 9:57 AM

The moment rumors of him trying to take Venables surfaced , I was not a chad fan. Classless

Dec 9, 2017, 9:59 AM

but none of that was true

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2017, 10:07 AM

retarded poast is

Dec 9, 2017, 10:14 AM

retarded

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

smu much harder task than Ark.***

Dec 9, 2017, 10:16 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo Built Clemson All By Himself.....Gotcha

Dec 9, 2017, 10:30 AM

Coaches Like Chad, Venables, Elliot, Scott, Etc..has no input over the culture that Clemson has built. Dabo just told them all to run the program his way...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Dec 9, 2017, 10:37 AM

Tiger Mail, Do you have any idea how self serving your Post was? While you are entitled to an opinion, I would suggest you understand several points before passing judgement upon Coach Morris.

First Dabo hired him and largely gave him free rein to install an offense based upon their vision. Like him or not Morris is owed credit for where we are offensively. D. Watson says hello!

Second Dabo had him prepare our present staff and they in turn are a whole lot better from learning Chad’s methods and schemes. It helped accross the whole staff.

Third you obviously have no idea what Coach Morris inherited at SMU! He has been restricted by academic standards and a negative past from day one, but in three years he rebuilt a program which clearly shows he knows how to recruit, organize and compete. What more could a school ask for from their HC? I personally cannot wait to watch him at Arkansas because he should continue to learn how to be successful.

Get over an attitude and give Coach Morris his due whether you like him or not.

I haven't decided

Dec 9, 2017, 11:46 AM

If you are the bigger idiot for writing this or tiger Balm for liking it

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's amazing Chad gets a pass for 1-3 vs coots

Dec 9, 2017, 11:51 AM

But Boyd doesn't(Yes I know he is 0-4).

Does Boyd really get tagged for the 2010 loss too?

Dec 9, 2017, 11:58 AM

He came in when we were already getting murdered.

Dec 9, 2017, 11:53 AM

Do you not pay attention to the whole culture that Dabo has built? He obviously really likes every coach that he hires because you won't run as good of a program when every coach doesn't trust one another. I'd say there was also a reason why (not positive) Dabo made Chad the highest paid coordinator in the country at the time.

I wish him well but agree that he won’t be there 5 years

Dec 9, 2017, 12:06 PM

I am not sure what his ultimate goal is, but whatever it is, it is NOT in Fayetteville, AR.

He will either have success and move to the next rung of the ladder, or he will fail and be shown the door. Wonder what goals they have set. Are they expecting a division championship within 6 years? In the SEC West?

Bet big, win big.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2017, 1:18 PM

BEAT IT COOT!!

Re: Idiotic post...you do realize that Dabo gave the Chad a

Dec 9, 2017, 1:53 PM

great reference to the Arkansas hiring committee, right? "doesn't like Chad right about now" LOL

Dabo has always supported his staff's upward mobility. To suggest otherwise is cootish.

Screw Calford.

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic