Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I wish we had a better rival in football
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

I wish we had a better rival in football

Aug 30, 2014, 12:50 PM

I had a little too much time on hands this morning, waiting for college football to start. I wondered how our "rivalry" stacks up against others. Here is what I found (by winning percentage):

Harvard over Yale: 51.5%
Army over Navy: 53.9%
Alabama over Auburn: 53.8%
Texas over Oklahoma: 57.8%
Michigan over Ohio St.: 55.9%
Notre Dame over USC: 55.8%
Georgia over Florida: 54.9%

Clemson over SC Jr. Tech 60.3%

Just sayin'

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I wish we had a better rival in football

Aug 30, 2014, 12:51 PM

Nice work sir

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 30, 2014, 12:54 PM

Would suit me just fine to see that percentage jump about 10% over the few years!!!

Go Tigers!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 30, 2014, 12:54 PM

It's actually 59%.

65/111= 58.5

ties count for 1/2 win

Aug 30, 2014, 12:55 PM

but nice try

A BETTER rival? How far has that number dropped over the

Aug 30, 2014, 1:00 PM

last 5 years?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

You're sort of making my point, in a way***

Aug 30, 2014, 1:10 PM

SCar is embarrassing overall

Aug 30, 2014, 1:11 PM

Their pregame is 2001 Space Odyssey and a techno song followed by fire extinguishers. It's like an Arena League entrance.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Aug 30, 2014, 1:11 PM

So you are saying you wish we lost to out rival more often? I guarantee every one on that list wishes they were beating their rival 60% of the time instead of 52%. I got news for you, if things don't change you may get your wish. Lol.

^^^^ doesn't get it

Aug 30, 2014, 1:13 PM

Please crawl back behind the refrigerator

Re: ^^^^ doesn't get it

Aug 30, 2014, 1:30 PM

Percentages don't make a good rivalry. By your definition the rivalry has gotten better the last ten years not worse. Personally the two schools of cu and USC have no vested interest in beating the other, except in state recruiting. 99% of our "rivalry" is all about the fans because they have to live around each other. We won't be considered a top tier rivalry until we are in the same conference and beating each other affects how our season ends. Right now it has no affect on our conferences championship games. Think of bama and auburn, now that game means something not just to fans but could affect seccg and possible national title implications. I understand your point. It's to take a dig at USC and try to say it's not a real rivalry because we beat their brains in so much more often. But I'm not gonna go so far as to say I wish we would play more even statistically. You can't say you want to dominate them and then claim you wish it were more even. Which is it?

Aug 30, 2014, 1:31 PM

Truce. I know your point and you know mine. Tigers just need to kick tail and take names. Go tigers!!!!!

Aug 30, 2014, 1:35 PM

Even back in th day when we were winning 7 out of ten the rivalry was just as strong. When in high school I was sent home to change clothes because the lamecock principal didn't like my clemson nike shirt that read "clemson tigers kick butt". It was December and he was ticked as usual that time of year. It took three in a row before I started thinking of it as a rivalry. Lol

Re: ^^^^ still doesn't get it......***

Aug 30, 2014, 2:50 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 30, 2014, 2:22 PM

So Florida vs Florida State, Michigan vs Michigan State, UCLA vs USCw, Oregon vs Oregon State aren't real rivalries then? There are many legitimate rivalries worse the our as far as percentages.

I wouldn't want 'em much better the last 5 years.***

Aug 30, 2014, 2:55 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 30, 2014, 3:56 PM

We need to work to get the Clemson UGA game played every year. In my opinion, it is the best rivalry we had and is capable of eclipsing the USUC rivalry.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic