Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I wish nothing but the best for all of our players who are
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

I wish nothing but the best for all of our players who are

Jan 7, 2018, 10:43 PM

leaving a year early for a shot at the NFL, and I respect their decision, even if I don't understand it. It's easy for us to judge or form an opinion, but a lot of times there may be reasons we aren't aware of that factor into it. In fact, that's probably always the case.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I think twenty years ago Whitney sang what you're saying

Jan 7, 2018, 10:51 PM

And IIIIIIIyyyyyiiiiiiii will always love yeeeeuuuuwwwwww

https://youtu.be/3JWTaaS7LdU

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The children are our future?***

Jan 7, 2018, 11:46 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

'Top five reasons to leave early....

Jan 7, 2018, 11:33 PM

1. Already graduated and nothing else to prove. (This would be the best reason)

2. Probably wouldn't improve pro prospects by staying another year. (May be the case with Ray Ray)

3. Afraid he may lose playing time to the hot shot 5 star coming in!

4. Has one or two kids and girlfriend says it time to bring in the dough!

5. Didn't take school serious and is about to flunk out anyway!

With the high character kids our staff brings in, I don't think 4 & 5 happen very often at Clemson,

but it's much more common at Usuc, UGA and other SEC schools. When it happens at Usuc, they end up at Waffle House or Burger King!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Upper classmen sharing time with recruits is a part of...

Jan 8, 2018, 12:36 AM

playing on a team like Clemson where the coaches use the regular season to develop younger players by throwing them in the do or die situations. It's been happening more and more now as the recruits come in more ready to contribute immediately.

Instead of 'about to flunk out anyway,' I'd say some are sick of school. I put in many work hours outside school work to support my family. I had enough money to make me able to do a semester without working.

In the Spring of '88 I took 24 hrs of Jr and Sr level classes except for a pottery class to meet the college's art requirement. I can testify that working day and night year round for three years a 40+ hour week job was like a vacation. To graduate in Aug I took two 6 wk/9hr terms.

Imo, if they are draft worthy they might be feeling like I did after I graduated that summer. I don't care who you are, if you're working like these kids you're glad to get the hail out of school.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sure, best of luck, but it's really odd to me

Jan 8, 2018, 4:06 AM

that we can't keep people around for a senior year unless they get seriously injured in their Jr. year. The talk is all 'family,' but guys who aren't even going to be high draft picks bail at the very first opportunity....every year.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sure, best of luck, but it's really odd to me

Jan 8, 2018, 6:04 AM

> that we can't keep people around for a senior year
> unless they get seriously injured in their Jr. year.
> The talk is all 'family,' but guys who aren't even
> going to be high draft picks bail at the very first
> opportunity....every year.

I absolutely agree

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sure, best of luck, but it's really odd to me

Jan 8, 2018, 7:31 AM [ in reply to Sure, best of luck, but it's really odd to me ]

Most years though, the players who leave with eligibility remaining have already graduated. They may be football juniors, but they are academic seniors.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I wish nothing but the best for all of our players who are

Jan 8, 2018, 7:18 AM

I think that is hilarious. I have to up to the retirement home where my mother in law lives every week to fix TV’s. The accidentally put the on the wrong connection under the input button or they get it off Channel 3 for cable connections.

I am thinking about going into business for myself going around to retirement homes fixing TV’s it only takes about 2 mins or less to fix them. But the new technology really confuses them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic