Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Chad Kelly gets another NFL chance
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 46
| visibility 1

TNET: Chad Kelly gets another NFL chance

May 20, 2019, 11:41 AM

Chad Kelly gets another NFL chance

The Indianapolis Colts announced Monday that they have signed free agent quarterback Chad Kelly. Kelly recently tried out during their rookie minicamp and it ap Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Chad Kelly gets another NFL chance

May 20, 2019, 11:45 AM

Good. Hope he has grown and turns it all around. Pulling for him.

May 20, 2019, 10:54 PM

All the man crushed throughout this thread are a bit sickening. Once a turd, always a turd . .Chad.

My first thought, and I'm serious...

May 20, 2019, 11:45 AM

I thought Swag was in jail...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger.

May 20, 2019, 11:52 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

You really are a coot, aren't you.***

May 20, 2019, 12:43 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Don't you have a birthday cake

May 20, 2019, 1:29 PM

to be popping out of somewhere?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: Once a Tiger, always a Tiger.

May 20, 2019, 10:18 PM [ in reply to Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. ]

I think being removed from locker room by police at order if head coach means NOT a Tiger.

Lol. Yeah it’s never s good sign when a QB

May 20, 2019, 10:51 PM

almost gets thrown through a wall by one of his offensive linemen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 20, 2019, 11:54 AM

Best of luck! Hope you make the best of this!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2019, 12:17 AM

Yep - hope he can make it this time ... May be his last chance !!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

It’s curious that

May 20, 2019, 12:20 PM

Swag gets another chance but nobody will touch Jonny Manziel with a 10 foot pole.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It’s curious that

May 20, 2019, 12:25 PM

looks like favor from Frank Reich to uncle Jim.

Manziel is a bigger headcase than Chad Kelly.***

May 20, 2019, 12:27 PM [ in reply to It’s curious that ]

Re: It’s curious that

May 21, 2019, 8:19 AM [ in reply to It’s curious that ]

Swag has MUCH MORE talent than Johnny. Physical that is. Mental is probably a tie.

May 20, 2019, 12:24 PM

NO ONE CARES and as far as I'm concerned, this is not Clemson news.

May 20, 2019, 12:33 PM

He certainly doesn't deserve another chance but if they are going to waste one on him I hope he makes the most of it this time.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

until he has surgery to correct his drooping eye,

May 20, 2019, 12:41 PM

I just don't see him having a productive NFL career.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: until he has surgery to correct his drooping eye,

May 20, 2019, 1:09 PM

The MOST thing that surprises me about Chad is almost no one talks about his eye. I’ve searched for keywords a few times just in case I was missing the obvious but the only thing I could find was some random post where someone gives a name to the condition. It seems to be that most everyone passes on commenting on this; despite the ridicule and insults about his bad attitude, making fun of his appearance seems to be off limits.

Re: until he has surgery to correct his drooping eye,

May 20, 2019, 2:15 PM [ in reply to until he has surgery to correct his drooping eye, ]

I disagree,

no one can fool defenders and "look off" the cornerbacks better.

May 20, 2019, 12:44 PM

That last name sure gets you a bunch of extra chances, good for him...not routing for him at all , just another d bag

May 20, 2019, 12:55 PM

Interesting that so many fans seem to take up the "once a tiger, always a tiger" line with Chad Kelly, but so many are done with Kelly Bryant.

Yeah, Kelly technically didn't quit on the team, but he threw a fit on national television while yelling at our coaches. Then he cusses out Dabo in his office when he was told of not being the starter. Later he throws shade at Clemson by saying LSU was where the real Death Valley is, and he's gone on to get in trouble multiple times.

May 20, 2019, 1:17 PM

KB is 10x a better man and tiger than chad.

May 21, 2019, 8:50 AM

100% agree. I don't see Chad Kelly as a Clemson man; however, even with not agreeing with KB's leaving I do understand and will continue to support him and consider him a Tiger.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wish I could give you more than 1 thumbs up...

May 20, 2019, 10:16 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Chad Kelly gets another NFL chance ]

Well said.....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2019, 6:20 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Chad Kelly gets another NFL chance ]

One post said “always a Tiger...”. Then more than twice that number slammed that thinking.
And for the record: KB will always be a Tiger. Did he do everything right. No., but he earned his eternal tiger stripes.

May 22, 2019, 5:04 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Chad Kelly gets another NFL chance ]

Actually, I've gotten the exact opposite vibe from this site as well as from Pigskin Peete, although I'm not a Clemson fan, just an outsider. People were just mad at KB in the heat of the moment especially after the Trevor Lawrence injury, but most of the anger died down after Syracuse, and probably all of it after Bama. He continued to mentor Chase Brice despite leaving and maintained a very good relationship with a lot of other players, which definitely helped lighten the tone around him. Honestly, I feel like the majority of Clemson fans will be on the Mizzou bandwagon next year especially because KB will be playing against 3 of the 5 most annoying teams in the SEC.

I'm not a Clemson fan so I don't know too much about the Chad Kelly situation, but if he actually thought he was going to get the starting job over Deshaun he was the dumbest person walking on planet earth. And yes, I know Cole Stoudt was named the starter after spring ball.

More people take up the "once a tiger always a tiger" with KB than with anyone else, at least based on what I've seen from this site.

May 20, 2019, 1:00 PM

I believe in 2nd, 3rd chances for people. We're all flawed. Hope the kid makes the most of it.

He's on the 9th of 9 lives

May 20, 2019, 1:02 PM

Better cash in this time, Chad

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jim Kelly is going to be disappointed and the rest of us...

May 20, 2019, 1:14 PM

...will not be surprised. The first step is not to call his actions "mistakes" but rather "bad decisions". I hate how society keeps using the work mistake in place of bad decisions. A mistake is an unintentional action whereas a decision is a purposely action. Chad Kelly probably has a lot more bad decisions up his sleeve.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They just need an extra arm for training camp

May 20, 2019, 1:27 PM

That's assuming he can make it to training camp without being arrested.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 20, 2019, 1:28 PM

Swag

May 20, 2019, 1:36 PM

My first thought was that it's good to see Uncle Jim with more hair than his nephew.

Jim Kelly's story after football is filled with grace,

May 20, 2019, 1:36 PM

forgiveness, overcoming huge set backs & heart ache, redemption, turning the page.

Here is just a portion:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/religion/football-great-jim-kellys-faith-sustains-a-family-tested-by-trials/2015/04/07/cdfb6dd2-dd55-11e4-b6d7-b9bc8acf16f7_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.b8c9d2249199

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

May 20, 2019, 1:38 PM

The desperation in the NFL at the QB position never ceases to amaze me ! The obvious character flaws are one thing, but it's not like his skill level is anything special. Strange move, even with Uncle Jim going to bat for him.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 20, 2019, 1:41 PM

Do we say cockeyed or cooteyed on here? He's definitely one of those.

May 20, 2019, 2:10 PM

Good ole boy system, white male priveledge at its finest

May 21, 2019, 11:22 AM

Dang thrifty, rac!st much? Don’t believe it’s a “white privilege” as much as a “uncle Jim jelly” thing

May 20, 2019, 10:28 PM

Only Willie Joe Namath or Kenny “The Snake” Stabler in their primes could have given Swqg Kelly the nightlife mentoring he truly seeks ... unsure Luck is up to the challenge ... but good luck to him ...

It's amazing he gets another chance outside of bars

May 21, 2019, 12:21 AM

He better keep his nose clean. Or whatever crazy drugs he was on

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's amazing he gets another chance outside of bars

May 22, 2019, 11:23 PM

Lighten up on him or he'll go to his car, get his AK-47, and spray this place

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Chad Kelly gets another NFL chance***

May 21, 2019, 7:12 AM

Re: TNET: Chad Kelly gets another NFL chance***

May 21, 2019, 7:25 AM

Young man has changed I hope, he had/has serious head issues, seemed to have serious entitlement issues while at Clemson. Can remember how shocked and disappointed I was the first time I heard him speak, sounded like he was straight from some hardcore hood. Hope he's thankful for his uncle, cause that's where this opportunity is coming from. Can't say I'm very optimistic about his chances. He was the LAST PLAYER TAKEN IN THE '17 DRAFT!!!

The other Mr. Irrelevants want nothing to do with him, he is

May 21, 2019, 11:48 AM

giving them a bad name.

Why is an Ole Miss player on a Clemson site?

May 21, 2019, 9:33 AM

"Swag" is not Clemson news, AFAIC. This will just end up costing the Colts. He is a liability.

May 22, 2019, 10:07 AM

Not really pulling for the guy but the dude's talented. Maybe he can pull his head out of his own #### long enough to take advantage of the opportunity to backup one of the best and put together a decent career.

meanwhile, colin kaepernick is still sitting

May 22, 2019, 11:13 AM

somewhere, rightly shaking his head.

Replies: 46
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic