Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Pagano says goodbye to Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

FB Update: Pagano says goodbye to Clemson

Feb 17, 2017, 2:07 PM

Pagano says goodbye to Clemson

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dang Confetti....

Feb 17, 2017, 2:16 PM

:(

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Pagano says goodbye to Clemson

Feb 17, 2017, 2:18 PM

I believe him when he writes all of this, but why would he leave this program for any other, if he truly believes what he just wrote? I don't get it. What am I missing?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 17, 2017, 2:22 PM

He wants to be closer to home. Probably going to play near the west coast. Also can probably start anywhere else

Feb 17, 2017, 2:22 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Pagano says goodbye to Clemson ]

He wants to be closer to home. Probably going to play near the west coast. Also can probably start anywhere else

Feb 17, 2017, 2:22 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Pagano says goodbye to Clemson ]

Let me get this strait, you believe he wants to be closer to home

Feb 18, 2017, 9:19 PM

And that he can start anywhere he wants...right? ??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 17, 2017, 2:27 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Pagano says goodbye to Clemson ]

I'd imagine one of the things you're missing is the pressure these kids are under. What if you knew your next year could change your life by possibly tens of millions? What if you had pro scouts and agents and the like chatting in your ear?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My take

Feb 17, 2017, 2:33 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Pagano says goodbye to Clemson ]

While I believe him 100% in what he said, we are only privy to one side of the debate he was having. Ultimately all of the things he said can be true, and still the other side (be it playing closer to home, guaranteed starting, more playing time, different exposure, different schemes, or even a different graduate studies program) ended up being more important to him.

Can't fault him for that (not saying you are).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My take

Feb 17, 2017, 3:53 PM

Your take makes sense in a selfish way. But at Clemson it's always been a two way street; quid pro quo, if you will. If he really cared about the program, it seems he would have announced before the recruiting deadline. He didn't. Why not? Maybe he did and we don't know about it. Could we have gotten a suitable recruit to replace in time (2017)? Why are some leaving before their time? This one's puzzling.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 18, 2017, 8:07 AM

This definition not before his time. He's been at clemson 4yrs and earned his degree. That alone makes me proud to call him a Tiger. I honestly believe this is a business move. He needs to be on the field to give scouts more film. Gonna be hard to do that with Wilkins most likely moving back inside and Dex on the other. I belive that players know that certain players are better than they are. It they stick around and are just being prideful, an opportunity may pass them by. A good buddy of mine ( Bama fan) said it best. When you get to where clemson is now, get used to stuff like this happening........ not gonna lie......wish they would stay....GO TIGERS!!!!

Feb 19, 2017, 8:36 AM

It always gripes my ### when a kid transfers. You have these cheerleaders patting them on the back :"once a tiger always a tiger"! Horses ###! You stopped being a Tiger when you QUIT on us! Like Germans Hopper. NOT a Tiger. The truth came out. He did it for exposure to make it in the NFL. He feels because of Lawrence & Wilkins he wouldn't get much exposure. Well, here's a dude awakening son: if you can't beat those two out, the NFL isn't for you. Thank you for what you have done. But, you're a former Tiger. Is Russell Wilson identified with Wisconsin or NC State? I think it's despicable when a kid uses a scholarship to get a degree, then transfers & uses the last year of eligibility else where. The answer is always the last school they played at. Good luck Hawaiian Punch. Former Tiger.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 18, 2017, 8:57 PM [ in reply to Re: My take ]

A lot of competition is at ClemsoN now. Them young boys want to play!! No more haft stepping

Re: My take - good "take", thanks!***

Feb 17, 2017, 6:31 PM [ in reply to My take ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is this is a suggestion?***

Feb 18, 2017, 11:33 AM [ in reply to My take ]

These days if a player feels like they can have a better

Feb 17, 2017, 2:50 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Pagano says goodbye to Clemson ]

chance to play and attract pro attention and they are legal to transfer, they do it. He trying to give himself a better chance to get drafted. He should have just saved a lot of time and said that.

Re: These days if a player feels like they can have a better

Feb 17, 2017, 3:35 PM

You should just save everyone time and say you're not a Clemson fan. You wrote a similar farewell letter after all, minus the grace that Pagano showed of course.

Don't make me link a screenshot again.

Hey remember this?

Feb 17, 2017, 3:41 PM [ in reply to These days if a player feels like they can have a better ]

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=15344778

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Hey remember this?

Feb 17, 2017, 3:45 PM

Apparently she has run out of polite warnings with you. Lol.

Re: Hey remember this?

Feb 17, 2017, 10:17 PM [ in reply to Hey remember this? ]

Who the heck wrote this? Why isn't his name revealed?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: These days if a player feels like they can have a better

Feb 17, 2017, 3:46 PM [ in reply to These days if a player feels like they can have a better ]

Says the guy who wrote a long winded post about not caring if Clemson shut its doors. Maybe you should just save the time and stop pretending that you're a Clemson fan.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Some people like change, even when the place they're in...

Feb 17, 2017, 3:26 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Pagano says goodbye to Clemson ]

is a good one.

For him, he's spent 4 years here, and accomplished graduating and winning a Natty.

For him, to start a graduate degree elsewhere(?), moving closer to Hawaii (?), maybe being the starter, day one at just about any other program (?), could all be factors for his decision.

I'm not going to fault him for any of the above. He gave himself to the program as we are better b/c of it. I will follow him and cheer for him (unless he's playing for us).

In some ways, I kinda want to see him go Pac 12 and just terrorize the offensive lines out there. LOL!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah that just seems odd

Feb 17, 2017, 3:28 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Pagano says goodbye to Clemson ]

If he loves Clemson so much (and I know he does) then you'd think he'd give anything to play one more year here. He has his reasons and I wish him luck but it just seems off to think that going to a new school/team/players/coaches/scheme for one year is going to advance his career better than him staying. Just my two cents.

Go Tigers

Feb 17, 2017, 6:14 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Pagano says goodbye to Clemson ]

He can go to a program that doesn't have a 8 man DL rotation. He will be able to get a lot more snaps at another school is what I'm thinking.

maybe I missed an article but I have not seen

Feb 17, 2017, 7:42 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Pagano says goodbye to Clemson ]

where he has said, "I'm leaving because..." Other than assumptions do we know really why he is quitting?

probably wasn't going to start

Feb 18, 2017, 1:13 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Pagano says goodbye to Clemson ]

and wanted to, as well as be closer to home.

Pagano = #LEGENDARY

Feb 17, 2017, 3:30 PM

Thank you for being a part of the Clemson family!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 17, 2017, 3:46 PM

There goes our Throwin' Samoan... QQ

Feb 17, 2017, 3:49 PM

He has been a fine representative of the football team and they iversity for four years. For that i thank him and wish him well. As for his reasons for departing, as with anyone else it would just be speculation. I will ask tbis however. Is he gonna replace Big Dex next year? As most suppose Wilkins moves back inside to DT, does Pagano replace Christian as a starter? If your answer to both of those is no, you likely have the answer. Look, the dude is darn good. But those two cats mentioned are just special. He could transfer to a whole lot of places.. say maybe SMU, or as stated by others, closer to home, and feast on the competition, and likely get a lot more looks by NFL scouts. For all those who love to throw around the "afraid of competition" line that usually happens, I would ask, what would you do? I mean, it's only your life and financial future. Kudos to this young man, ad thanks for all he has done. Go Tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 17, 2017, 5:09 PM

Ding ding ding somebody is paying attention. This is likely a good sign that we think we'll get better DE play next year so Wilkins is back up the middle with Dex. Pagano is a great football player and will make the NFL for sure but is not necessarily a first rounder. With ONE more season left and a natty in hand I would probably go to a place where I could get as many reps as possible too. He's literally competing against 2 younger first round players. Clemson is lucky to have had Pagano and I wish him the best at his next stop.

Feb 17, 2017, 4:31 PM

Best wishes young man go out and live your Dream.
You have got to do what's best for you and CLEMSON will not miss a beat without you.
So leave knowing it's all good and CLEMSON nation will still be pulling for you.

best of luck, young man....

Feb 17, 2017, 5:59 PM

you've earned our support, admiration, and brotherhood.

#ClemsonMan

Hate seeing him leave. He's been one of my favorite since day 1***

Feb 17, 2017, 6:00 PM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

I wish Baker and Pagano the best, but!!!

Feb 17, 2017, 6:23 PM

Their timing was auful....No, I don't know ALL the insides & out- but they should had
made this public alot sooner.

Re: I wish Baker and Pagano the best, but!!!

Feb 18, 2017, 4:17 PM

Uea, does this badically mean 2 more scholarships available? Could have used them this year?
Maybe we should start 'over recruiting'

classy exit, scott..best wishes to a fellow alum!***

Feb 17, 2017, 6:38 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Hope all your football dreams become reality and thanks for

Feb 17, 2017, 8:53 PM

being a TIGER!

Feb 17, 2017, 10:32 PM

Best wishes Scott! We'll be watching for you and cheering for you, wherever you end up! Thanks for all you have done! God bless you and your family!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CUTBA-MD

Thank you Scott! My kids appreciated always signing for them

Feb 18, 2017, 10:13 AM

Nothing like seeing Big Pagano come down Tiger Walk with his leis draped over him preparing for battle! You were a huge part of our national championship and that stout line. Will always remember how you went about your work! Appreciate all your sacrifice and you and your mom and family coming all the way over here for Clemson! I wish you well and thanks again from Clemson Nation!

Wear the Paw always!

Feb 18, 2017, 10:46 AM

You will be missed. Thanks for all of your hard work. The only part about these transfers that I don't understand is the timing. It would have been nice to know before NSD so that we could have used these spots to offer a couple more scholarships.

Feb 18, 2017, 11:06 AM

Best of luck Scott with football and life's journeys. You made an impact on the BEST TEAM in the nation. Tigernation is grateful you chose Clemson. We will MISS YOU this upcoming season.
P.S.
Congrats on your degree.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mahalo and Aloha

Feb 18, 2017, 1:36 PM

\m/

Next time, vote Jabba like you're supposed to.

who's cutting the onions!!! stop it***

Feb 20, 2017, 12:25 PM

nm

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic