Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Time waits for no man...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Time waits for no man...

Feb 10, 2016, 10:01 PM

Today, Clemson University announced that their Vice President for Advancement and Development, Neill Cameron has decided to step down. In other words... my Dad has finally retired again.

Many of you know my Dad... but allow me a moment to brag.

During his career as an internationally known advertising executive and in his career at Clemson, my father has been the most potent combination of pure intellect, situational awareness and work ethic I have ever seen. It's almost unfair to see how many natural gifts God gave him especially when it is coupled with unquestionable integrity and a relentless drive to succeed.

He is a winner. He has always been the best at everything he has ever done. His belief is that if you are going to do it - be the best at it and most importantly... have good manners while you do it.

I am so proud of him. He has remained relevant in an ever changing business world while many of his contemporaries have been left behind.

He has been the driving force for change at Clemson and is largely responsible for the elevation of Clemson's brand from a sleepy, small town regional university to a top 20 public university and research powerhouse. Clemson is special to him. Clemson is part of his DNA. Clemson has been one of the loves of his life and he leaves it far better than he found it.

As he leaves... many of us who love him will be glad to finally have him back. His career and mostly Clemson have gotten much of his best. It's our turn. Thank you for returning him in one piece. I hope he stays that way... at least until he drives my mother crazy and she wears him out.

It's an end of an era in more than one way.

Congrats Dad. You did it your way and the right way. You left at the top of your game on a really big stage. No man can ask for more.

Now... Dad... you and I have some catching up to do. Can we just go bird hunting and get a couple more trips out west on the books? We have some lost time to make up... I've missed you a lot the last 47 years.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am a bitter and angry man.

Thanks son.***

Feb 10, 2016, 10:03 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thanks son.

Feb 10, 2016, 10:21 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice***

Feb 11, 2016, 6:43 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also has a hot daughter in law***

Feb 11, 2016, 7:53 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

I win in that regard.***

Feb 11, 2016, 4:44 PM

Favor to ask before he leaves....

Feb 11, 2016, 8:17 AM

Can he return it to the small town, sleepy, regional university? I have two kids and I can't afford all this excellence. TIA and best wishes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Obed... I feel your pain. My son -

Feb 11, 2016, 8:20 AM

his grandson and namesake - is a freshman at Clemson. I live in Georgia so I am paying full retail for all of that progress.

Daughter_of_Wilbur82 paid OOS tuition her 1st 3 semesters

Feb 11, 2016, 4:48 PM

She has in-state tuition now.

:)

#nopigs

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Wilbur... How'd you pull that off?

Feb 11, 2016, 4:57 PM

pm me please with the details

We moved to the 'Lectric City last summer***

Feb 11, 2016, 5:08 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

2 words.

Feb 11, 2016, 8:29 AM [ in reply to Favor to ask before he leaves.... ]

Bernie. Free.

name dropping af cuz***

Feb 11, 2016, 8:21 AM

Congrats to your Dad for a job well done, Brother Tide!

Feb 11, 2016, 8:35 AM

He's earned a little time purely for himself and the family. Enjoy every second of it, I'd give anything to have some more time with my Dad.

On a side note, watch the weather and see when the next DeathStorm is headed toward Clemson and we'll get together and go survive it.

;)

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds good brother. I know of some

Feb 11, 2016, 4:44 PM

Great parking spots under the trees.

I'll bring sandwiches and trash bags!***

Feb 11, 2016, 4:51 PM

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Time waits for no man...

Feb 11, 2016, 8:46 AM

Very nice indeed. Your respect and admiration for your father is refreshing and humbling. Obviously your Dad was an amazing role model. Too few people do things very well and then do them with character, ethics and kindness. I enjoyed reading your thoughts. You should both be proud but now , as you say, it is time to enjoy the downtime. Here is hoping that you and your dad have many, many great hunting trips in the future and make lasting memories.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic