Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I will take my stand. I am Clemson Tiger through and through
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

I will take my stand. I am Clemson Tiger through and through

Dec 10, 2014, 9:00 AM

and I will follow my Tigers anywhere and stand tall for them. Cole Stout will get my cheers and my team will have my support. I have followed this team through thick and thin.

I mean showing up to a half-filled Death Valley in 1998 to see Clemson struggle to a loss against a Wake Forest team in the rain probably takes the cake for thin BUT I was there. And will be there in Orlando because I am Old School and I am proud of that. So, all you types who don't understand why Clemson is what it is need to seek an "Old School" mentality, show up for the Tigers, think the best, and give your all in the stands in Orlando. Because Clemson is about loyalty. It is about standing tall even when things are not going well or what we would like things to be. It is about carrying a fire and hope that every play, every game, and every season can be a special one.

ALL IN and Proud to have gone to Clemson. GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love the spirit, but is there a stand to take?

Dec 10, 2014, 9:11 AM

We all are cheering for the Tigers, there is just a little less stomach turning when Cole is on the sidelines. That said, if he is our guy, why wouldn't we cheer for him?
I have to work in CA 12/27-12/31, or i would be down there with you.
Cheer loud and proud.. this TEAM has earned it.
Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Sure, somebody has a stand you can take...

Dec 10, 2014, 9:14 AM

though neither Athomas nor I intend to abandon ours.

J/K, but not about the stand though. Take one from someone who doesn't seem to care.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sure, somebody has a stand you can take...

Dec 10, 2014, 9:37 AM

### are yall talking about? You like General MacArthur right before we invaded Japan...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

FWIW, i was at that wake game too.***

Dec 10, 2014, 9:12 AM

null

Re: I will take my stand. I am Clemson Tiger through and through

Dec 10, 2014, 9:16 AM

Nice post and I'll be old school right with you. Even if I wanted to miss it, my son (13) and my wife, who never even saw Clemson until we hooked up 22 years ago, wouldn't allow it. They were on the computer making reservations ten minutes after the bowl was announced. And I feel totally blessed because, yep, I lived through the Hatfield years. Cheers to you and Go Tigers!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I will be there - play golf in the morning and cheering for

Dec 10, 2014, 9:18 AM

the Tigers in the evening.

BTW - will Clemson's QBR be higher than my golf score? We WIN if so - I am a pretty poor golfer.

Re: I will take my stand. I am Clemson Tiger through and through

Dec 10, 2014, 9:18 AM

The truth is what you speak! I get extremely sick of seeing/reading the whining and sniveling that some express on here under the guise of "I'm a fan".

Their mother never taught them that they shouldn't say anything if they can't say something nice or worthy of adding to the good of the program! They'd rather 'prove' how dumb they really are by opening their mouths rather than just 'appear' they have a lack of brain matter by keeping quiet! Truly amazing indeed.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well said.

Dec 10, 2014, 9:23 AM

I well remember sitting is the stands at Homecoming in 1975 watching a winless Tiger team take on a winless Wake Forest team, with many in the stands saying that the Tigers had to win the game to get a win that year. As I recall, we kicked a late field goal to win 16-14. The fans were happy, and relieved, to get the win. We finished the year 2-9 after a second win over UNCheat. Although this was before the upper decks were built, I remember being amazed that the stadium was packed. There were 40,000+ Tiger fans in the stadium to watch a winless, really bad Tiger team play Wake Forest. They didn't come expecting a win; they had come to watch their Tigers play and celebrate homecoming, win or lose. Coach Ford and Dabo have spoiled us. We now expect 10-win seasons and major bowls and I'll be the first to admit that 10-win seasons are so much better than those losing seasons in the 70's. The bowl game this year is not about seeing a win, but supporting the Tigers. They beat the coots for the first time after five loses, a really big deal for all true Tiger fans, and deserve our support in Orlando, even without DW4. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree. Good post!******

Dec 10, 2014, 9:23 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can we get a selfie after Stoudt throws and INT

Dec 10, 2014, 9:24 AM

just so we can see your cheers

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow that Got my juices goin***

Dec 10, 2014, 9:30 AM

weeeeeee too deep! (Ay! Ay!)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It wasn't too awful long ago we were playing a bowl in...

Dec 10, 2014, 11:42 AM

Boise, Idaho. A game with Oklahoma in Orlando is heaven if you ask me.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic