Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I will continue to respect the flag AND probably buy Nike
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,852

I will continue to respect the flag AND probably buy Nike

Sep 4, 2018, 3:19 PM

I have never seen a Nike spokesman who I believed was 100% in lock step with my political and cultural views, and I probably never will. If I boycotted every company who hired a spokesperson who I felt did not represent my values, I would likely never buy anything.

I don't boycott every movie studio who ever hired an actor whose views conflict with my own, I don't boycott every concert venue who has booked an event for an act who has well documented views contrary to my own, and I don't purchase products based on the cultural or political views of their spokespeople.

Yes, there are musicians who will never see another dollar of my money in the form of ticket or album sales, and there are actors whose movies I will never (again) see, but these are choices I get to make for myself. I won't let you or hired spokespeople make them for me, and I won't be so arrogant as to try to make yours for you. And they are not all political, either. My list includes Darius Rucker and Dustin Johnson, and I have no idea what their political views are.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fixed your message

Sep 4, 2018, 3:24 PM

I have never seen my wife move 100% in lock step with my political and cultural views, and I probably never will.

For my purposes! :)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fixed your message

Sep 4, 2018, 4:15 PM

Many people have different views and wish to express it in different ways. That is their right.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Their brand ambassador is literally JUST an activist who

Sep 4, 2018, 5:06 PM

thinks that cops in general are racist.

That’s it. He doesn’t even play a sport. In 2018 he is as much a professional athlete as I am.

He’s a former QB who played six seasons, Only started for two full seasons, has a .500 career record, made the playoffs twice, and never won a super bowl.

His opinion IS his brand. Nike isn’t making him a brand ambassador without it. That’s what they are buying.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Bought a double double at In-n-Out today wearing my Clemson Nikes.

Sep 4, 2018, 5:10 PM

I feel like they need to make a specal bathroom for me since I'm not fitting neatly into the Conservative or Liberal check box.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

With Alec Baldwin and Roseanne Barr?***

Sep 4, 2018, 5:58 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm so our of the loop I don't even get the reference..

Sep 4, 2018, 6:01 PM

But going back to not liking her show in the 90s, I'll pass on anything Roseanne Barr.

I do think Alec Baldwin is funny.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: I will continue to respect the flag AND probably buy Nike

Sep 4, 2018, 5:49 PM

I don't boycott everything. But I do boycott things that I despise. My choice.

Boycott NFL and Nike continues.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I won't buy Nike because they are way overpriced

Sep 4, 2018, 6:03 PM

New Balance fit a lot better

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,852
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic