Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Former Clemson volleyball player killed by stray bullet in Mexico
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

TNET: Former Clemson volleyball player killed by stray bullet in Mexico

Jul 10, 2018, 3:08 PM

Former Clemson volleyball player killed by stray bullet in Mexico

Former Clemson volleyball player Tatiana Mirutenko was struck by a stray bullet and killed while celebrating her wedding anniversary on a trip to Mexico City ov Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is terrible!

Jul 10, 2018, 3:13 PM

I guess thoughts and prayers is now an internet meme but I got nothing else to offer. Prayers for husband and family.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Former Clemson volleyball player killed by stray bullet in Mexico

Jul 10, 2018, 3:18 PM

How horrible- such a beautiful and obviously intelligent young lady. Feel so bad for her husband and family and for all of her teammates at Clemson. A real tragedy and a real waste of a young life.

Jul 10, 2018, 3:19 PM

If people would let some things go. Whatever caused the gunmen to fire upon the bouncer, in five years, it wouldn't even matter. Prayers for the family!

Message was edited by: MyfavOrange®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2018, 3:19 PM

Wow. Had her whole life in front of her. Prayers are extended to her entire family.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2018, 5:27 PM

Also the lives of the children she may have had, got stopped before they ever began, and it sounds as if she would have been a great mother!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What a waste ... Mexico is becoming a 4th world country

Jul 10, 2018, 3:35 PM

U.S. citizens should stay away.

God Bless the family.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You realize folks are killed by stray bullets in US ...

Jul 10, 2018, 3:43 PM

... almost every day.

Your logic makes no sense.

Re: You realize folks are killed by stray bullets in US ...

Jul 10, 2018, 4:01 PM

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories/mexico-travel-advisory.html

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"folks are killed by stray bullets in US almost every day"

Jul 10, 2018, 4:07 PM [ in reply to You realize folks are killed by stray bullets in US ... ]

You got a link for that ########?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: "folks are killed by stray bullets in US almost every day"

Jul 10, 2018, 5:23 PM

Just in case you were serious:

https://jjie.org/2012/07/09/stray-bullets-injured-hundreds-one-year-study-finds/

Re: "folks are killed by stray bullets in US almost every day"

Jul 10, 2018, 11:17 PM

Just an FYI, that article doesn't show that "folks are killed by stray bullets in US almost every day". Key word that you missed in the title - "injured". Article says 65 people were killed in a year.

You misspelled Chiraq.***

Jul 10, 2018, 4:08 PM [ in reply to You realize folks are killed by stray bullets in US ... ]

Jul 10, 2018, 8:06 PM [ in reply to You realize folks are killed by stray bullets in US ... ]

Incredibly tragic and disgusting. Regardless of who’s country is more or less violent, being killed by a random bullet shouldn’t happen in any “civilized” society.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ClemChem is Absolutely 100% correct

Jul 10, 2018, 9:39 PM [ in reply to You realize folks are killed by stray bullets in US ... ]

Mexico is becoming too dangerous to be a travel destination for Americans. Exhibit A: Dead ex-Clemson volley ball player.

How can anyone even argue this point?

My wife and I went there last year... to Cancun... and I can tell you that I'll not go again. I didn't feel safe. And Cancun is an extremely protected zone there in Mexico.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Obviously you're not a lawyer...

Jul 10, 2018, 10:56 PM

Exhibit A?: Mexico is not safe to travel because a Clemson Volleyball player got hit by a stray bullet? I am calling you out. That's plan stupid.

In fact, since we're on this BS. Let's rank all the countries you are less likely to get hit by a stray bullet than the USA.

The closest thing I can find is the Global Peace Index (http://www.businessinsider.com/most-least-peaceful-countries-global-peace-index-2016-11).

They rank the USA as the 103rd out of 163 countries in the world for peacefulness which includes crimes like murder.

Now, I have lived in the USA, China, Middle East, and even Colombia. You should watch your step in bad areas everywhere, trust me. But even in good areas bad stuff happens. Comments like yours are inflammatory, ill-conceived, and exactly what's wrong with some Americans.

This is probably the wrong forum for all of this but as a South Carolinian born and raised this talk embarrasses me.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ClemChem is Absolutely 100% correct

Jul 11, 2018, 12:01 PM [ in reply to ClemChem is Absolutely 100% correct ]

We had a business convention moved from Los Cabo’s back to the USA late last year due to the violence and kidnapping potential. With the violence, drug cartels, this girl’s death, deaths from bad alcohol at resorts and their unwillingness to stop people from Central America crossing Mexico to the US I have zero intention of going back until they fix their problems. If enough stay away they would fix it.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2018, 11:41 PM [ in reply to You realize folks are killed by stray bullets in US ... ]

yep really. and intentional bullets from nut jobs. I am so tired of this senseless junk

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What a waste ... Mexico is becoming a 4th world country

Jul 10, 2018, 4:10 PM [ in reply to What a waste ... Mexico is becoming a 4th world country ]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATF_gunwalking_scandal

U.S. ranked 10th in firearm murders, Mexico 12th, link:

Jul 10, 2018, 5:07 PM [ in reply to What a waste ... Mexico is becoming a 4th world country ]

http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/compare/Mexico/United-States/Crime

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The cartels seem to prefer beheadings and hangings from bridges...***

Jul 10, 2018, 7:22 PM

Re: U.S. ranked 10th in firearm murders, Mexico 12th, link:

Jul 10, 2018, 8:53 PM [ in reply to U.S. ranked 10th in firearm murders, Mexico 12th, link: ]

In trying to make your point you failed to realize that the very statistic you quoted was total firearm murders. A statistic that completely ignores the size and population difference between the two nations.

In the very same study you linked to;
Murder/million people- Mexico=218.49, US=42.01
Total murders- Mexico=25,757, US=12,996

So the murder rate in Mexico is 5-times higher than the US, or said another way, you’re likelihood of being murdered in Mexico is 500% higher than in the US.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: U.S. ranked 10th in firearm murders, Mexico 12th, link:

Jul 10, 2018, 9:37 PM [ in reply to U.S. ranked 10th in firearm murders, Mexico 12th, link: ]

B-Meist & Crump,

Ban this person. Providing facts is against T-Net rules.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2018, 5:10 PM

Speaking for myself personally, things like this don't leave my mind easily, and for days at least once a day this will come to mind and it just makes me feel very SAD :( for her first bc her life was taken so easily, and I'm very Sad :( for her family that is left behind to begin a VERY long grieving process for no other reason than a complete idiot being an idiot!!! RIP young lady, and I believe you're going to a much better place than you have left behind!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2018, 7:29 PM

“The dead know only one thing - it is much better to be alive.” Full Metal Jacket.

A deep dark tragedy perpetrated by evil persons no question. For this who would try to mitigate its impact by comparing the US murder rate to that of Mexico save your breath. You will find that the vast majority of those murders (by firearms) occur in Chicago, DC, Detroit, and NYC. Cities with strenuous firearms regulations and liberal regimes. Mexico is similar. You should be able to connect the dots

If you can’t God help ya

Jul 10, 2018, 9:14 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Former Clemson volleyball player killed by stray bullet in Mexico ]

well said.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Gone far too soon

Jul 10, 2018, 5:38 PM

Condolences to family and friends

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I remember her as a player

Jul 10, 2018, 5:45 PM

I worked tons of those volleyball games in that time as a student worker. Terrible to hear

she didn't play a ton

Jul 10, 2018, 7:45 PM

but came in in spurts and was a scrappy libero who would provide some important digs.

Jul 10, 2018, 6:50 PM

Grace, peace and comfort to her loved ones!!!!

So tragic. I spent a lot oftime in and around Mexico City

Jul 10, 2018, 7:07 PM

... in the 1990s and I never felt particularly safe.

But, honestly, I felt the same way in Los Angeles.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

her father said she had been to Mexico

Jul 11, 2018, 1:27 PM

At least 30 times in her life growing up

Jul 10, 2018, 7:15 PM

May you Rest In Peace & I pray GOD will supply grace to your family.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2018, 8:28 PM

Just awful . I simply dislike this world from time to time . Humans can be truly wonderful beings and absolute monsters in the same day .

DB23

This girl was part of the reason I graduated...

Jul 10, 2018, 8:37 PM

So bizzare and sad. She was incredibly driven; I figured she would go on to do incredible things. We spoke shortly after her wedding and before mine encouraging each other.

Just wow.

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This has nothing to do with politics

Jul 10, 2018, 9:30 PM

but please people, stay out of Mexico. I do international medical transports and so many people are victims of violence there. And if you get sick or injured, they will hold you hostage in the hospitals until your enormous bill that could run into 6 figures in a manner of days is paid in full, cash in some cases.

Re: This has nothing to do with politics

Jul 11, 2018, 9:22 AM

I go there all the time for work and I don't have any issues....

How many like her struck down by INTENDED mass shootings in

Jul 10, 2018, 11:09 PM

in the USA?

Should the world not visit us?

The hypocrisy of some on here is mind-blowing.

Jul 10, 2018, 11:30 PM

Such a waste, and so sad. Prayers for her and her family and friends.

Jul 11, 2018, 6:55 AM

The target was supposedly a bouncer? How convenient?

That is a better narrative for the authorities than American woman shot in head for no reason.

Jul 11, 2018, 8:31 AM

This untimely Death was random in nature and so senseless! My sympaty to her husband, family and close friends and colleagues.

Postings such this should simply be an expression of condolence! Reading “gun” related commentary herein makes her death merely a political argument of sorts and frankly those comments belong elsewhere. How about have some compassion instead!

Jul 11, 2018, 4:37 PM

She was a wonderful student and helped our program. She was always pleasant had good friends and could be counted on to do the right thing. I’m sorry she has died. She made her corner of the world better. God bring peace to her family and her friends.

Awful news! God Bless her family. Prayers for peace***

Jul 11, 2018, 10:06 AM

I went to school with Tatiana

Jul 13, 2018, 11:14 AM

and worked together on several projects in econ courses. So very sad to hear this.

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic