Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I went ahead and canceled YouTube tv and switch to Hulu...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

I went ahead and canceled YouTube tv and switch to Hulu...

Apr 11, 2019, 6:40 PM

YouTube Tv goes up $10. And adds a few channels but not ACC Network. So since Hulu announced they carry ACC Network I switched I’m not missing Clemson vs GT. Now I’m all set

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I went ahead and canceled YouTube tv and switch to Hulu...

Apr 11, 2019, 6:53 PM

Go to the game and definitely not miss it!

Do you go to any games?

Apr 11, 2019, 7:03 PM

I know the Spring game played a part in the recruitment of some recent players, so I was wondering if you partake in anything concerning Clemson....besides just watching ACC Network. Which is great! I'm just curious. The recruits of today are saying a lot of good things about Clemson fans. I'm just curious if you're a true Tiger fan.

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation(al CHAMPIONS!)!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

How is any of what you stated relevant to the OP?***

Apr 11, 2019, 9:53 PM

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Excuse me for asking him a question.

Apr 12, 2019, 9:32 AM

By listening to some of these recruits, they've stated that the fans have played an influence on their recruitment. I don't won't to bore you, so I won't repeat what I wrote. I know a lot of people are unable or won't attend games. But, if a person is able to attend, they should. If they can't attend, maybe join IPTAY (for less than .20 a day). Hence my question to the OP. If it rubbed anybody wrong, I apologize.

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation(al CHAMPIONS!)!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Re: Do you go to any games?

Apr 12, 2019, 12:06 AM [ in reply to Do you go to any games? ]

Some of us have been Clemson fans longer than some on here have been born. Due to health issues we cannot any longer go to the games. That by no means makes us any less Clemson fans.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

I cancelled as well

Apr 11, 2019, 7:17 PM

Getting up there with cable and no ACC network.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

They will likely have ACCN, come August!***

Apr 11, 2019, 9:28 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Streaming services will just become just like cable....

Apr 11, 2019, 7:21 PM

....Adding channels you don't want and jacking up the price. As an older YTTV subscriber I'm paying $35/month plus tax and now it's going up to $50 plus tax.

I got rid of cable but now I just might get rid of YTTV. Especially if you are telling me I don't get ACCN and the cost if $50/month.

Why oh why do streaming services want to become the cable TV company I hate?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 11, 2019, 7:34 PM

Moved out in the country a year ago and I really miss Fios :(. I have Dish, which I'm satisfied with overall. They carry SEC, B1G, Pac 12 and some regionals on a Sports package for an extra fee. I would be surprised if they don't pick up the ACC, but we'll see. I don't think they have much choice since their main competitor already announced they will carry. I'll give them until 8/1.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 11, 2019, 7:50 PM

Do yourselves a favor and get glitch tv pro. All you need is a fire stick or android box (nvidia shield) with a file linked program installed on it. 8,000 channels for 20/ month or $180 for a year. Literary every channel you can imagine.
You’re welcome.

Message was edited by: Touch_The_Rock79

Apr 11, 2019, 8:09 PM

I have nvidia shield. Best box on market. Will have to look at this.

Apr 11, 2019, 8:19 PM

I have one as well. There’s YouTube instructions on how to put file linked on your shield. I used a paypal to purchase a subscription for 20 /1 month or $180 for the year. After you make the purchase, a password will be sent to your email and you will use that to sign in. It has every single channel. HBO, showtime. Cinemax, PPV movies, NFL Sunday Ticket. Local television ( major market cities) All cable network channels.
any sports channel, 24/7 classic TV, WWE network , any UFC fight. I will warn you, if you have MX player, you will have to uninstall and reinstall after you set up glitch TV pro.

Illegal TV? You Google "Glitch IPTV" and almost nothing...

Apr 11, 2019, 8:24 PM [ in reply to Re: I went ahead and canceled YouTube tv and switch to Hulu... ]

...comes up. Very little content and the content looks sketchy. Plus comments about making sure you use VPN so the ISP and gubermint can't see what your streaming. I'm not knocking it I'm just sayin' it doesn't look 100% legit but I appreciate you went out of your way to provide a recommendation that works great for you.

Curious to know how you DVR content with Glitch IPTV since there's so little info or reviews about it.

What I meant by "little content" is there's very little...

Apr 11, 2019, 8:35 PM

...in terms of advertising the service and even the video links they provide on YouTube have been removed "This video has been removed for violating YouTube's Terms of Service." It's kind of like a hush-hush secret and word of mouth service that's available.

Re: Illegal TV? You Google "Glitch IPTV" and almost nothing...

Apr 11, 2019, 8:36 PM [ in reply to Illegal TV? You Google "Glitch IPTV" and almost nothing... ]

It’s always good to have a VPN regardless. I thought it was sketchy at first too, that’s why I went through the gift card / PayPal route. As far as legality, I’m buying a streaming service from an organization, it’s up to them if they pay networks and or entities right??? It does allow you to record but I haven’t recorded anything on it yet.

I'm just curious as to how it all works.

Apr 11, 2019, 8:48 PM

I hope you did take it that I was putting your recommendation down. Just learning and trying to understand so I appreciate your recommendation and everyone who is trying to help out. How long have you been using it?....and what did you use before (i.e. YTTV, Hula) to compare Glitch against?

p.s. agree with the VPN comment. I'm on the NordVPN plan for $100 for 3 years worth of VPN service. Seems decent so far.

Re: I'm just curious as to how it all works.

Apr 11, 2019, 9:00 PM

I have been using it for over a month. I had directv (satellite) $179/ month for over 13 years that I recently cancelled in January. I currently have directv now streaming $80/ month with a better channel lineup than the previous. I can honestly say that GlitchTV has a lower buffer rate and better picture quality than any of the other two services. The only negative thing I can say about glitctv is that on some channels, the voice is slightly off from videos. Howeve , it has a setting where you can move the video forward or back to sync the two. I would atleast recommend it for a month to test as it is only $20. By the way, I’m taking no offense to your questions and I’m glad I can help a fellow tiger out. It’s sad that people have to go to such lengths to acquire tv service just because the people they are buying tv service from don’t want to provide a service the customer actually wants for a reasonable price!

Re: I'm just curious as to how it all works.

Apr 11, 2019, 9:06 PM

Just to clarify, the video audio out of sync problem doesn’t happen all the time on the channels. Just every once in a while to random channels. Fortunately, it’s channels that I care little to nothing about. Most of the time I can fix the issue by simply exiting out of the app and then restarting it.

Sounds like you are still in "experiment phase" to test....

Apr 11, 2019, 9:10 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm just curious as to how it all works. ]

...the waters. Not sure yet if I want to commit $200 for Nvidia Shield or similar box just yet. Was just reading about how Amazon, Hulu, Starz, et al are blocking service to NordVPN servers which obviously doesn't make me happy that I have to turn off NordVPN just to shop at Amazon.com.

Re: Sounds like you are still in "experiment phase" to test....

Apr 12, 2019, 6:16 AM

Bert, a Firestick is $30. It isn’t necessary to have a Nvidia shield, but it is the fastest streaming device aside from a PC or a tablet of some sort.

Apr 11, 2019, 8:58 PM [ in reply to Re: I went ahead and canceled YouTube tv and switch to Hulu... ]

Most of this stuff is Greek to me, but some of you tech savvy youngsters could make a good living installing a $20/month system for a lot of people in my generation, especially if it is user friendly. I won't give you my age, but most of us over "60" are looking for ways to stretch our income. I would love to drop Direct TV, so one of you go into the one stop shop for Glitch TV setup and I will be your first customer.

If you're gonna go with an IPTV, Vontronix is simply the

Apr 11, 2019, 9:26 PM [ in reply to Re: I went ahead and canceled YouTube tv and switch to Hulu... ]

best. It has everything, and I mean EVERYTHING. You'll need the parental controls.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Apr 11, 2019, 8:23 PM [ in reply to Re: I went ahead and canceled YouTube tv and switch to Hulu... ]

FiOS is awesome. Not offered in my area but makes visiting the NE that much better.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 11, 2019, 8:08 PM

Pkaystation vue did the same thing. Was 35 a month a couple years ago but now its 60 per month.

I would bet YouTube will have ACCN. And Hulu is already $45

Apr 11, 2019, 9:26 PM

I will pay $5 per month more for YT, as I much prefer their interface over Hulu's, unless Hulu is improved from what it was last summer. I think Hulu only allows two simultaneous streams, Youtube three. Channels available are virtually the same.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic