Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
In case you were wondering what the rest of college football
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 2,100

In case you were wondering what the rest of college football

Nov 10, 2020, 7:48 AM

wants. It's this. For us to go back to the occasional mention on television while the big boys are playing under the pretext of "where's that?" or "what's a clemson?" along with chuckles while they get back to more important things like figuring how to turn Notre Dame, a program with only three top ten finishes in the past ten years, into a college football powerhouse. Rest assured this is what the rest of the country would like to see.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/news/clemson-university-location-geography-lesson/1ry2yifqu58if1dazagla204f0

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In case you were wondering what the rest of college football

Nov 10, 2020, 8:09 AM

First off, I wonder how many of us Tiger fans really care about what the rest of college football is wondering, or wanting.
Secondly, even if Notre Dame did become a powerhouse again, it is my belief that they would lose more games to the powerhouse teams from the South(Clemson, Bama, UGA/LSU on certain occasions).
In fact I suspect they would have hard games against the OSU's and occasional Penn State programs).
If you look at the history of the CFP's, other than Ohio State, has any other team from the North captured another National Championship.
So until they do become that power house, they will remain, IMO, immaterial.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2020, 8:10 AM

Interesting trivia on the push ups I did not know.

(On the purple unis, not so much)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Nov 10, 2020, 9:32 AM

I hate to break it to Clemson fans, but "the rest of college football" hates all of the perennial good teams.

It is their belief that if the top teams get worse it will somehow help their program.

The better you are, the more they try to poke holes and wish for the fall.

I can still remember 5 years ago when the whole country was rooting for "little ole Clemson" to take down mighty Bama.

Now they mock us for saying "little ole Clemson" as if the town has grown so much because our football program is elite.

I for one embrace "the rest of college football" saying they hate us and wish we would lose because it means we are still on top!

Go Tigers!

Nov 10, 2020, 4:14 PM

Exactly right. It's amazing the people that continue to ride this "everybody wants us to lose" narrative and complain about it don't seem to realize that they used to do the same thing with USC, UF, Bama, FSU, and anybody else who had a run as a top team in just the last 15-20 years. Any team that gets to the top is eventually going to have more haters than fans because everybody else wishes their team was that good, and instead of facing the reality that they aren't, they just whine and complain that there's a "pretender" up at the top that's keeping their team down.

I wasn't wondering. Not sure anyone else was wondering.***

Nov 10, 2020, 10:16 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 2,100
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic