Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Once a Tiger always a Tiger - beloved mascot turns 60
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

New Story: Once a Tiger always a Tiger - beloved mascot turns 60

Nov 4, 2014, 7:01 AM

Once a Tiger always a Tiger - beloved mascot turns 60

Clemson's beloved mascot turns 60 this season, and a group of current and former Tigers gathered at a special tailgate prior to the home game against Syracuse to celebrate the anniversary. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Once a Tiger always a Tiger - beloved mascot turns 60

Nov 4, 2014, 7:26 AM

So cool! Great to see this get together.
Thanks for ALL the memories Tiger!
Should have a t-shirt or a framed photograph with the image of mascots face in the center of group.

Nov 4, 2014, 7:49 AM

Great idea! I always have enjoyed the spirit "The Tiger Mascot" brings to everything Clemson. +1

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great idea!!! Wish they would have included the ...

Nov 4, 2014, 10:22 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Once a Tiger always a Tiger - beloved mascot turns 60 ]

the names of members that have past away. Randy Addison was the Tiger in 1977. He was killed in a car/train accident in September 1980. His mother, who lives in Greenville, SC, would be thrilled to see this article.

I wish I had two cubs.....

Nov 4, 2014, 8:03 AM

darn it

Anyone remember Zach (I think that's right) in the early 80's?

Nov 4, 2014, 8:19 AM

was a very creative tiger. I remember him setting up a lounge in the east end zone for a TV game - and those were somewhat rare back then.

If he married Robin who was Miss Clemson,

Nov 4, 2014, 8:45 AM

The last I heard he was a Doctor in the USAF at Eglin AFB.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Zack Mills was the best ever! He was a lunatic!

Nov 4, 2014, 10:00 AM [ in reply to Anyone remember Zach (I think that's right) in the early 80's? ]

He is a veterinarian as I understand.

I remember him doing some crazy stuff. He used to go on the field when the opposing schools marching bad was performing and get in their face and stare at them while performing...I saw him tackle an opposing schools cheerleader on the 50 yard line once...He also was the first mascot to do push ups...

Only if he would have been around when we play Louisville...I have no doubt that he would ride out on a motorcycle with a blonde..LOL

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

He was the first to be past up the stands.***

Nov 4, 2014, 10:27 AM [ in reply to Anyone remember Zach (I think that's right) in the early 80's? ]

Great article***

Nov 4, 2014, 8:45 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so who is that blonde chick

Nov 4, 2014, 8:46 AM

rooooaarrrr

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: so who is that blonde chick

Nov 4, 2014, 9:06 AM

For her sake, I hope that's an oversized tennis shoe she's wearing. That shoe is bigger than any of the ones the guys are wearing.

I dunno, but she has huge feet!***

Nov 4, 2014, 9:07 AM [ in reply to so who is that blonde chick ]

y'all are lookin' at her feet!?***

Nov 4, 2014, 9:09 AM [ in reply to so who is that blonde chick ]

That's sweet dee***

Nov 4, 2014, 10:19 AM [ in reply to so who is that blonde chick ]

Re: so who is that blonde chick

Nov 4, 2014, 1:49 PM [ in reply to so who is that blonde chick ]

Sarah Chavous. She was the Tiger cub from 2009-2012

Never forget 1983 I got a ride from the tiger on a moped

Nov 4, 2014, 8:57 AM

My late Father and I were walking into the stadium at The Hill entrance and the Tiger came by and tapped me on the shoulder and pointed to the seat of the moped he was riding. He took off and we rode all around throwing "Go Tigers" buttons to folks in the crowd. He dropped me back off to my Dad. That same day was the world record balloon release and we ended up beating Maryland bad with Boomer Esiason at the helm.

It was a great day as a 10 year old Tiger fan and it all started with a friendly ride with the Tiger Mascot. AWESOME!

funny story.... when I was tailgating that day, my friend

Nov 4, 2014, 9:05 AM

and I walked over to the baseball stadium to use the restrooms. When we were leaving, I saw this dude in a 1/2 jersey and he had a tiger paw on one of his hands. I was like "hey! It's the Tiger cub!" and he smiled and said hello.

As we were walking to the car, my friend says "That was not the cub, he was drinking a beer!" I said, "yeah it was, that was a mascot hand and he had on the cub's shoes!" ...we were both a little concerned, but figured, hey, it is Clemson, you have to have a little tailgating fun, right? ;)

Well, then we figured it out at the game when this reunion group was announced on the field! It was a bit of a relief to know that wasn't the actual Cub having a beer pre-game :D

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

we all thoroughly enjoyed when they were introduced at the

Nov 4, 2014, 9:08 AM

game, it was great bringing them back and recognizing them. They were quite a colorful group!

I was on the cheerleading squad and I filled in for the

Nov 4, 2014, 9:47 AM

Tiger a couple of times. It's a tougher deal than you'd think! A couple if things I remember:
1) the suit was HOT in August!
Therefore
2) the suit stunk!
3) you have these little eyeholes to look out of that are further from your face than glasses.
Therefore
4) easy to walk up stairs , hard to walk down stairs!
5) little kids come up to you all the time and since you can't see them (no peripheral vision) and sometimes you just mow them down unintentionally.
6) you've got to remember to stay in character, not talk, and do the tiger's distinctive walk.
It takes a pretty talented individual that I was not!

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

Thank you for your service. +1 4U

Nov 4, 2014, 1:44 PM

I bet it did stink.......

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Nov 4, 2014, 10:24 AM

When people really care about something they hold close and dear to their hearts as we Tiger fans do being recognized as the Clemson Tigers, we protect and save it... Well Tiger fans, if people like us don't help contribute just a little something to help save the Tigers in the wild. By the time our now Clemson Tiger cubs have their own cubs, there may not be, or WON'T be a handful of Bengal Tigers left in the wild on this entire planet. And those will be the ones that live in a Zoo, or has escaped the Poacher slaughter. The tiger (Panthera tigris) is the world’s largest cat and is one of the most threatened with extinction. As recently as 100 years ago, there were as many as 100,000 wild tigers living in Asia. Today, fewer than 3,200 remain. I know I'm bias b/c I have been a Clemson Tiger 52 of my 62 years of life. But I believe the Tiger to be one of the most beautiful animals in the world. But what I'm getting to, give something to help save our Mascot in the wild. As little as $5.00 bucks at the start of our 3 major sports each season would cost you $15 bucks a year. If the Majority of our fan base would do this, we could help save our beloved Mascot from going into critical Extinction. http://www.panthera.org/programs/tiger/tigers-forever

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 4, 2014, 1:01 PM

My good friend Randy Addison from Lancaster SC was the Tiger in the late 70s. He was killed in a wreck in 1980 shortly after he married. I just wanted him to be remembered as one of the Tigers too. Thanks Elizabeth Simpson. I enjoyed the article about the Tigers . My daughter had one of the Tigers at her wedding reception at Clemson and he was awesome. Go Tigers!!!!

Here is to Randy! Cheers!***

Nov 4, 2014, 1:43 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Nov 4, 2014, 1:15 PM

If anyone has any contact information on former Tigers or back up mascots, please Tmail me. It was a task finding everyone and any assistance of finding others would be helpful.

Thanks,

Mike Bays
The Tiger 1994-1996

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic