Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Couldn't resist copying this from fgf
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Couldn't resist copying this from fgf

Nov 23, 2015, 7:17 PM

They were trashing Pitt and there coach, debating whether he was good enough for SC to reach out to. This Pitt supporter out it on them
burghcock said: ?
I lived in Pittsburgh for over 25 years and went to many Pitt games so I know a little about Pitt. First, Narduzzi is a very good coach and should have competitive teams in the ACC so I doubt he is looking to leave. However, Pitt has second-rate facilities to virtually any SEC program, including South Carolina so I expect he would certainly take the call if USC were interested. Pitt plays in the Steeler's stadium for a fan base that rarely exceeds 45,000 fans. Pittsburgh is a pro football town and Pitt football is never going to change that, even in the years when Pitt was winning or playing for national championships. In the last USA Today article I remember seeing about college sport revenues USC took in some $25 million per year more than Pitt and that number will only increase as our new SEC Network hits its stride.
Finally, Clemson has beaten us once in the last six years so you obviously know nothing about that rivalry. They will probably kill us this year, but hey, we beat UNC, something the mighty Panthers weren't able to do. Not looking to start a fight my friend. I truly love Pittsburgh and the people of Western PA, but you are wrong about the attractiveness of the USC job and the fertile recruiting territory where we are located. To be honest with you, the ACC has ruined most of the football teams that joined its league. The Big East was a football powerhouse back in the day when Pitt, BC, VA Tech, Syracuse and Miami were all strong programs. And Louisville was much better before it joined the ACC.
Many of the points you identify are so true, and very difficult to overcome in this city. PITT is a third class program (behind Steelers, Penguins, and Pirates). With that said, many of the players on this current team frequently remark on the huge advantage of working out with pro's in a pro-style facility. Secondly, Narduzzi turned down many jobs because those Universities would not make the required investments for his program. All except one. PITT fired then AD Steve Pedersen, replaced him with new AD Scott Barnes. Then showing the highest commitment by replacing chancellor Mark Nordenberg with new chancellor Pat Gallagher. Immediately on the dawn of those university admin changes PITT begins the transformation for Narduzzi. http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2015/08/18/pitt-football-unveils-new-upgraded-facilities/
As season ticket holders we are not worried for any near future coaching changes as the plan is in place. Next year Narduzzi expects "booster" support to push from 2M to 3M in gross salary. I lived in Fort Mill for many years (above Rock Hill - near Carowinds), and it's so easy to be a college football nut is the south. . . .because you got nothing else to do. The weather is always warm and dry, there is no competition against any other professional sports and the SEC brainwashes its listeners. Hell they only won 7 out of 12 bowl games last year. PITT has it tough - no doubt. But rebuilding this program is not going to be easy. I mean in typical fashion you take a cheap shot at UNC beating us, but you never mention that the fightin' chicken lost to . . . .The Citadel? really?? Wow!
PITT has three losses. The combined records of the three losses are 31-2. Those teams are currently ranked 3, 4, and 11. You seriously can't call those bad losses (considering we lost 3 studs before the season even began). You do know that PITT has 9 National Championships right?
Now for your mental breakdown about where you "think" your team stands:
Alabama 850-325-43 .716 (24) 15
Tennessee 811-367-54 .680 (13) 6
LSU 762-401-47 .649 (11) 3
Georgia 778-410-54 .648 (12) 2
Auburn 742-421-47 .633 (8) 2
Florida 699-401-40 .631 (8) 3
Texas A&M 710-461-48 .602 (0) 3
Arkansas 692-479-40-.588 (0) 1
Mississippi 645-501-35 .561 (6) 3
Missouri 663-534-53 .552 (0) 0
South Carolina 584-552-44 .514 (0) 0
Vanderbilt 585-591-50 .498 (0) 0
Kentucky 588-598-44 .496 (2) 0
Miss. State 532-558-39 .488 (1) 0

This reds: All time wins - losses - ties - win percentage - conference titles - and "claimed national championships.
Your beloved USC chickens rank 11th out of 14.
Zero national championships.
Zero conference championships.
And this is a more prized program than PITT as of right now?? We can agree to disagree on that - but please also now this. All (most) of the SEC supporters "claim" to have the best of the best, but do you know which NCAA 1A college football conference had the most number 1 draft picks in the NFL 2015 draft? ((wink wink...hint hint))....it ain't the ole SEC.
Narduzzi would be better off waiting for one of the top 10 SEC schools before going to number 11 - wouldn't you agree.
I appreciate you taking the high road and not making waves, but let me ask you a question.

With absolutely zero conference championships, and absolutely zero national championships and ranking 11th in your own conference with only three worse teams in the SEC. . . .is the fact that you can sell out a game what makes you believe South Carolina is "so appealing"? I mean the harsh reality of current state of you team - has too at a minimum present some common sense right? I really do appreciate you banter back and fourth - have a great holiday season.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

who knew Tolstoy posted on a chicken board....*****

Nov 23, 2015, 7:22 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

reading that was both crime and punishment

Nov 23, 2015, 7:24 PM

ugh

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wait that's Dostoyevsky....shoot, still punishment tho ;-)***

Nov 23, 2015, 7:25 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was just talking about Dostoyevsky the other day***

Nov 23, 2015, 7:28 PM

not really...if you've come to ask why

Re: I was just talking about Dostoyevsky the other day***

Nov 23, 2015, 7:31 PM

=)

by the way...it was a good read and I thumbs upped it****

Nov 23, 2015, 7:34 PM [ in reply to who knew Tolstoy posted on a chicken board....***** ]

fwtw

Bahahaha

Nov 23, 2015, 7:27 PM

I'm sure the ban hammer came down hard. That was awesome

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

somebody just got their A$$ blistered...***

Nov 23, 2015, 7:27 PM

null

Message was edited by: dw1959®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Damm coot got taken to Blitzville. By Blitzville no less***

Nov 23, 2015, 7:29 PM

They prefer "blitzburgh"***

Nov 23, 2015, 7:48 PM

Day-um.

Nov 23, 2015, 7:30 PM

Tell them coots to step away from the SEC coolaid. Reality check.

I would agree that the Big East teams have not performed well since transitioning to ACC play (VT excepted, though theybare also down recently). I do think that is partly due to the fact that Miami is just a cess pool and Louisville was coming off a 2-3 year high that they couldn't sustain ... time will tell. And honestly, Pitt and Syracuse were not courted due to their football prowess. It has been a long time since either team was worth much on the gridiron. Just saying, being in the ACC did NOT cause a drop in performance although improved competition may have revealed inherent program weakness in some cases.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Re: Couldn't resist copying this from fgf

Nov 23, 2015, 7:44 PM

Jean, great rebuttal. However, we can only rate your response a 8 of 10 in consideration of your multiple grammatical errors of misspelled words. But you deserve an applause.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic