Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Videos/Recordings
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 786

Football Videos/Recordings

Jun 21, 2013, 3:56 PM

Like a lot of Clemson men, I grew up following the Tigers listening to Jim Phillips on the radio. I have been wondering if there are any CD's of Jim Phillip's broadcast of historic Clemson Victories that I can purchase. I don't really want a video, I want to see the games in my mind like I did as a kid. If you have a cassette recording (remember those)I would pay to have it converted to CD format. Any birddogs to point me in the right direction? Go Tigers.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Videos/Recordings

Jun 21, 2013, 3:59 PM

there was a seven or eight minute clip on youtube someone posted here the other day of them winning at south bend in the late 70's. I know you said no video but it may change your mind. someone synched his radio call up to the action. he was always great and especially so that day

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was in South Bend and watched the Clemson Victory!!!!

Jun 21, 2013, 4:09 PM

It is one of my favorite memories. I was sitting in the end zone with the library and "Touchdown Jesus" behind me. The Irish booster sitting next to me was all decked out in his green derby. At the end of the day he stood up, tipped his hat toward me, bowed and said you southern boys really know how to play football. Fine victory for your team. Any chance of getting the link to the video? I will appreciate the help.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Videos/Recordings- w my compliments

Jun 21, 2013, 4:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Videos/Recordings ]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A28MXHHKI0

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Watched this game in Littlejohn

Jun 21, 2013, 5:28 PM

They had a big screen set up for viewing. It was the first year I had ever been to a Clemson football game.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 4
| visibility 786
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic