Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I was honestly surprised at how badly our Offense played.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

I was honestly surprised at how badly our Offense played.

Jan 14, 2020, 1:11 AM

Started out like gang busters and then it was all downhill. Cannot believe the number of lost opportunities and poor executions. Was sure we were going to win this game. Not cocky sure, but just confident. Knew D would play well and thought O would play well. Never would have thought TL in a big game would have played so poorly. That being said,

Yes, these are young men and they were under tremendous pressure with all the attention on this game. I think it may have finally caught up to them. At some point 29 straight wins and a natty puts tremendous pressure on you. No other team had that pressure. May have put pressure on OC's as well.

And I know Dabo told them in locker room he was/is proud of them and loves them. They have nothing to hang their heads about.

We don't have to wonder about the future of our program. It is in great hands and shape.

And we and the team start a new winning streak next yr. w/o the pressure of being undefeated in 29 games.

We will be even better next yr. and the yr. after. That is dang scary if you are the opposing teams.

I can't wait until next yr. Start saving up for tickets to playoff game and natty. We sure as heck will be there. LSU will not. They had their 10 mins of fame this yr.They will lose at least 2 games, probably 3 next yr. and the yr after. We will be playing and winning nattys while LSU is stuck in memories of this one. No way in hades would I trade our team for LSU or any other team right now.

I will wear my orange proudly tomorrow and the whole dang week. And if any Clemson t shirts go on sale saying 29-1, I'll wear it too. And Treavor Lawrence will take the air out of every QB discussion next yr. No one even close.

Go Tigers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I was honestly surprised at how badly our Offense played.

Jan 14, 2020, 1:15 AM

Offense lost this game. 100% surprised at how bad we were.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2020, 1:16 AM

our defense is a lot better than you thought.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No offense, but your defense is exactly what I thought.

Jan 14, 2020, 1:21 AM

It’s good, but not elite. Your offense is elite. On defense there are a few elite guys in the secondary, but you didn’t need your defense to be all-world...just needed the offense to score more than the other team’s offense.

Execution on offense killed us. I’ve never seen Trevor Lawrence look so uncomfortable making simple throws. Then it snowballed from a momentum standpoint from there.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trevor Lawrence overthrew wide open guys with no pressure

Jan 14, 2020, 1:26 AM

on him. That’s not LSU’s D. That’s Trevor’s head.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

yes it was***

Jan 14, 2020, 1:23 AM [ in reply to Re: I was honestly surprised at how badly our Offense played. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2020, 7:14 AM [ in reply to Re: I was honestly surprised at how badly our Offense played. ]

No, your defense is exactly as they thought. They stopped themselves by abandoning the run, and the refs were not giving them any breaks to allow them to keep the game close.

Consider yourselves lucky you didnt get us in the semis, as we would have kept pounding your trash run D.

Jan 14, 2020, 10:00 AM

In hindsight, I think OSU's secondary overall is a better matchup against LSU's receivers, particularly with Chase Young harassing Burrow. Too bad it's not round-robin: you get a shot at LSU, and we get to run all over Oklahoma.

Jan 14, 2020, 7:33 AM [ in reply to Re: I was honestly surprised at how badly our Offense played. ]

That was my takeaway. I heard folks say the LSU D got their issues worked out and I think they were right.

Jan 14, 2020, 1:25 AM

The offense hasn’t really been in sync all season with the exception of halves of games.

The defense has played pretty good, but it is obvious we lack depth at DT.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree

Jan 14, 2020, 1:26 AM

Execution, Gameplan and adjustments were a problem imo. We hung our D out
To dry

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2020, 1:39 AM

O no doubt we are set up better for future runs than LSU, but nothing is guaranteed. What bothers me is that we placed it all on TL shoulders/arm. When it wasn't needed to running game was working Travis was getting stronger as the game went on. We tried to show up or match LSU QB and WR tandon. In doing so we didn't reward the defense for the great job they were doing/did this game. Especially going up against that offense.

Yes no one should be ashamed of wearing the orange & purple.

Jan 14, 2020, 1:45 AM

Yes, TL had an off night but that's what coaches are there for.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2020, 2:10 AM

Trevor was problem #1 on offense but receivers who could not separate were #2. They rightfully gave up on throwing against Stingley. Hard to imagine he has 2 more years in college.

WOW ! Amazed at how quickly people are throwing TL under

Jan 8, 2017, 4:43 PM

the bus.

LSU's defense was better than we hoped - as some of their fans told us.

All of you cowards blaming TL, please tell me who you would rather have at the helm.

We lost to a better team tonight. Take our beating like a man or ####.

Re: WOW ! Amazed at how quickly people are throwing TL under

Jan 14, 2020, 2:41 AM

Huh?! Nobody is throwing TL under the bus, he played bad tonight lol I mean it sucks it happened to be in this game but that’s what it is , by far the worst he’s looked in a Clemson uni... but it’s also on the wr and imo play calling , we abandoned the run way too much ... I think having to run a 3 man front this year got us by but against an elite offense it killed us bc we had to bring pressure out of coverages and still weren’t able to get to JB, next year we go back to a 4 man front and we beat oh state for the natty

Re: WOW ! Amazed at how quickly people are throwing TL under

Jan 14, 2020, 7:11 AM [ in reply to WOW ! Amazed at how quickly people are throwing TL under ]

How the hell are you calling it "throwing him under the bus". His execution was poor. We know this because we watched the game. No one is saying that we don't want him. Grow up. TL can take it, and look forward to him being back. What happened is what happened

its Only been 5 hours and this post didn’t age well at all.

Jan 14, 2020, 7:19 AM [ in reply to WOW ! Amazed at how quickly people are throwing TL under ]

I don’t think anyone has thrown him under the bus.

He didn’t look like himself. What it was, only he knows, but he just didn’t look the same.

It’s not a good look when you throw more picks than TDs no matter who it is.

I’d take Lawrence as my QB everyday of the week and twice on Sunday, as he said himself, it just wasn’t his night.

Jan 14, 2020, 7:03 AM

I didn't see our offense come out like gangbusters. I saw us squander great field position multiple times for zero points. This caused our defense, which did come out like gangbusters, to eventually tire and get blown out the last three quarters.

Jan 14, 2020, 7:13 AM

This ^^^ , in a nutshell

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic