Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is anyone as hyped up now for Clemson basketball as I am?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Is anyone as hyped up now for Clemson basketball as I am?

Jan 8, 2019, 11:06 AM

crickets?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When does that season start?***

Jan 8, 2019, 11:11 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Son and I are going to the UVA game Saturday.***

Jan 8, 2019, 11:11 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Son and I are going to the UVA game Saturday.***

Jan 8, 2019, 11:15 AM

That could get ugly up there. At least you will have some quality time with your son. I will be watching on TV. If I were going to predict the score though, it would be something like 71-52 UVA.

Re: Son and I are going to the UVA game Saturday.***

Jan 8, 2019, 11:18 AM [ in reply to Son and I are going to the UVA game Saturday.*** ]

The sad thing is that the football team gets the biggest cheer at the backetball game.

Not thrilled when that happens but I get it. Still, I support any tiger in any sport and want want a natty in basketball too. Or a win in CH, either will be fine.

Re: Is anyone as hyped up now for Clemson basketball as I am?

Jan 8, 2019, 11:13 AM

Don't down another Clemson revenue program just because the top program King Football won it all. We should all now hold our revenue making programs to be sucesfull and cheer them on. We need and should have a great sellout playing #4 UVa at Littlejohn to try and get the basketball team on a roll to finish out the season, don't you think? Go Tigers!!

Jan 8, 2019, 11:17 AM

I love Clemson basketball. I watch every game on TV. It's just deflating in comparison. Sometimes our teams are better than others. That was just pretty special last night. Everything else seems pretty meh now.

The good thing about basketball

Jan 8, 2019, 11:19 AM

Is that expectations are lower so it's a little less pressure to watch

Re: The good thing about basketball

Jan 8, 2019, 11:22 AM

True. I love Clemson basketball and I like the direction of the program. I was just joking after the high we are coming off of in football. I am looking for my next fix. Nothing will compare.

Re: Is anyone as hyped up now for Clemson basketball as I am?***

Jan 8, 2019, 11:37 AM

I was at the Duke game and I will say

Jan 8, 2019, 11:39 AM

This b-ball team has potential to make a legit run.

Need to clean some things up, but you can tell they have it in them to make this a special year.

Ps I know the OP was sarcastic.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 8, 2019, 12:07 PM

In all seriousness, basketball is by far my favorite sport. I played football, basketball, and baseball growing up and through high school but basketball was always my favorite and the one I was best at. I had an opportunity to walk on at a small college but had my mind on other things at that point in life....

That being said I just can't get excited about this program. I remember back in the Purnell days my family would gather around the TV for games just like in football season. There was an excitement around the program. Instead of building on what he was able to accomplish we made a terrible hire and squashed the momentum. Now that's not a knock on Brownell, I think he is a good coach but we don't need a good coach, we need someone who gives us an edge and can recruit like Purnell could.

I'm afraid that as long as we keep Brownell around the best we can expect is a decent run once every 8-10 years. He will do just enough to keep the majority of fans happy just like Tommy Bowden did in football but if we ever want to get to the next level he's not our guy.

Jhop, I couldn't agree more....

Jan 8, 2019, 12:37 PM

Every time we win a Natty in football that just buys Brad four or five more years even if the product is real mediocre. There is less and less pressure because football is the cash cow and as long as attendance is average or better the majority of fans won't pressure the athletic program to make a change as the case two years ago. Now Brad could get back to the ncaa tourney that might change things and show he getting a little more consistent but I want to see it first...

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic