Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I was a student in 1981 and watched the game in Clemson...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,121

I was a student in 1981 and watched the game in Clemson...

Jan 25, 2017, 8:20 AM

... in our apartment. Of course we had a small analog TV so we huddled around the TV. We were in the last set of "new" Lemans Apartments (now University Apartments) on the right of 133 at the small slither of Lake Hartwell.

After we won, my roommates and I went downtown Clemson to celebrate. There are a few things I remember vividly, but it's hard to remember many details of that wonderful day.

My suggestion to all of you, especially those who went to this years National Championship is to WRITE DOWN YOUR MEMORIES OF THE GAME. What is so fresh now will fade away. I would now love to have some of my written recollections from 1981 to reinforce my memories. Add photos and videos of your friends and family that were with you. Don't let those photos and videos on your smart phone get lost in the clutter.

Record and safeguard your memories of this 2016 National Championship. There will be others, but I cannot imagine any with be more special than 1981 and 2016.

This is a life event that nothing else can equal.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I was a student in 1981 and watched the game in Clemson...

Jan 25, 2017, 8:22 AM

I was in Miami.

I remember.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's a great life event, no doubt...but I think

Jan 25, 2017, 8:25 AM

the birth of my son not only equals this life event, but it surpasses this life event.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

The birth of our children are an entirely different category

Jan 25, 2017, 8:36 AM

but we enjoyed this event with our children which is what makes it so special.

I wish the game was earlier, my son fell asleep during

Jan 25, 2017, 8:44 AM

halftime. I did enjoy watching the 2nd half with him the next day though.

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

One difference

Jan 25, 2017, 8:45 AM

All these young whipper snappers document everything on their social media ########. They won't forget.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,121
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic