Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BKB Update: Bourret Stat on winning against a #1 team
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,176

BKB Update: Bourret Stat on winning against a #1 team

Feb 9, 2014, 8:40 AM

Bourret Stat on winning against a #1 team

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I remember listening to that 1980 game on the radio.

Feb 9, 2014, 1:15 PM

What a thrill.

Those certainly were simpler times.

RIP Jim Phillips. Forever the Voice of the Tigers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And?***

Feb 9, 2014, 2:35 PM

I was a frosh in attendance at the 1980 game ... (long)

Feb 9, 2014, 5:19 PM

I've been to three final fours and multiple NCAA and ACC tournaments and that Clemson-Duke game was the most fun I've ever had at a ballgame. Also the loudest game. The mostly pre-TV refereeing was unreal. We were 7-0 at home that year in ACC and 0-7 on the road. We beat #6 Carolina by 17 at home that year and lost by 3 to them in Chapel Hill. One of our best teams ever with Billy Williams, Moose and Nance.

As for the win against #1 Duke, both coaches were named Bill Foster and Littlejohn was packed with largest crowd ever as aisles were used for seating all the way to upper deck. Duke had three All-Americans Gminski, Spanarkel and Banks. Funny thing I read on T-Net recently that Coach K had create Duke hoops. Far from true. Anyway, back in the day, there was unbelievable spirit, cheering abandon and a sense anything could happen. Cannot imagine a better time to be at Clemson. Then the next year we win a natl championship in football and lose only two games over the next three years. Yes, even the best Clemson hoops memories are shaded with football. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I was a frosh in attendance at the 1980 game ... (long)

Feb 9, 2014, 5:59 PM

I was at the Duke game, too. If you wanted to go to restroom, you were out of luck. So many people in the aisles made it look like seats all around Littlejohn with no aisles. But a great game!

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,176
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic