Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Walker says pain of losses to Jackets in 2008 and 2009 still vivid
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Walker says pain of losses to Jackets in 2008 and 2009 still vivid

Oct 26, 2011, 4:31 PM

Walker says pain of losses to Jackets in 2008 and 2009 still vivid

Clemson senior tackle Landon Walker remembers the pain of losses to Georgia Tech in 2008 and 2009 and how one play cost the Tigers in each game. He says he remembers having oranges thrown at him after the ACC Championship Game, and he wants 2011 to be different. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#### right you don't like them

Oct 26, 2011, 4:40 PM

Embarrass them Saturday.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SO BASICALLY WHAT UR SAYING

Oct 26, 2011, 11:04 PM

Is our offense is so fast and quick to strike Our defense is going to have to keep up with their (Clemson Offense) Pace? LOL Guess thats a good problem to have. All though who ever watched the ACC Championship in 09 our defense was big reason we lost cause they could never stop GT. Spiller would score and keep us in it but then GT would go right back out and work the clock and keep getting first downs.

Re: Front Page Story: Walker says pain of losses to Jackets in 2008 and 2009 still vivid

Oct 26, 2011, 4:42 PM

Landon seems like a great leader. Have really enjoyed the stories about him so far this year. Hopefully he is teaching the younger guys to hate GT as well. I HATE losing to a bunch of nerds and 2 star recruits!

Re: Front Page Story: Walker says pain of losses to Jackets in 2008 and 2009 still vivid

Oct 26, 2011, 6:24 PM

I doubt their players are the nerds you imagine they are. I would imagine our players are at least as academically inclined as theirs. True their overall student population could qualify as nerds, but bestowing that distinction to their players probably is not accurate.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah it's still vivid with all the fans too.***

Oct 26, 2011, 4:45 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

I dont remeber the oranges -- I do remember

Oct 26, 2011, 4:49 PM

the D never being able to get them off the field in the Championship game. that sticks most in my mind

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I felt like our guys were powerless to stop GT on that...

Oct 26, 2011, 4:57 PM

last drive in the ACCCG.

It sucked! In fact, it still sucks!

Arrrrrrrgggg!!!

BEAT THE BEES!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wanted us to just let them score and I believe

Oct 26, 2011, 6:12 PM

if we had, we'd went down a scored to win the game, neither defense could stop the other

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Makes me so mad!!

Oct 26, 2011, 4:53 PM

Austin's ONLY holding call the entire year!! "F" the ACC refs.

Oct 26, 2011, 5:37 PM

Please Tigers. Go out there and beat the holy hell out of these nerds. GO TIGERS!!!

After Saturday night the pain will all be wiped away and

Oct 26, 2011, 6:19 PM

just "happy thoughts" will remain.

There's an easy fix for that, beat the snot out of them and

Oct 26, 2011, 6:36 PM

don't let up till you score 70. Beat the tar out of the Jackets. That way there is no way they can come back or the refs can affect the game.

Simple as that. Put the pedal to the metal and don't let up till the clock reads zero.

Better be ready for some more questionable calls on Saturday

Oct 26, 2011, 8:34 PM

night. The refs always work against us in that stadium. I'm sure we will get Ron Cherry.

Re: Don't be doing no holding!!

Oct 26, 2011, 10:09 PM

J/K!! Kick some butt, Landon!!

Oct 26, 2011, 10:21 PM

walker remembers the pain of 2008 because 72 dropped the block that removed korn's arm from his body. that was a rough afternoon.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just ground several of my molars into powder reading that.

Oct 26, 2011, 10:26 PM

Holding!?!?!?!?! WHAT HOLDING!?!?!?!??!!? Geeeee Haaaaaawwwdddd!!!!

I love to see my Tigers.......

Oct 26, 2011, 10:37 PM

with a p!ssed off attitude. Take it to 'wm boys.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same Ref Called Both Holds

Oct 26, 2011, 11:07 PM

The same ref called both holds against the same Clemson OL player in the same situation(big 1st down pass to Ford). If you put that in a movie nobody would believe it.

Re: Same Ref Called Both Holds

Oct 27, 2011, 7:07 AM

I had forgotten about that, but you are exactly right! Thanks for reminding me ... ARRGGH!

I love Walker's attitude here (paraphrasing), "Let's just kick the snot out of them offensively, blow the doors off this wagon so we don't have to worry about having to make 'one play' to win." Clemson is going to look to put up massive points Saturday. I love it!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Same Ref Called Both Holds

Oct 27, 2011, 8:12 AM

Most of these games have been close. I predict (and I usually don't do this) that we unleash a can on them Saturday, both offensively and defensively, and this game is not close at all. I do not think they have seen anything like this Clemson team yet, and we are getting better every week, and I am not saying that GT is not a good team. I think they are very good, but that won't be good enough on Saturday night. JMO

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic