Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I want to show empathy for the coots, I really do but...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

I want to show empathy for the coots, I really do but...

Oct 26, 2015, 11:29 PM

all that I can think about was how smug and cocky they were during "the streak". (Clearly the greatest thing that ever happened to the coots. How pathetic.) Suddenly I had people who I had never heard a peep from talking trash, 5 bombing me, and telling me that the rivalry would never be the same. You had coots on this bored telling us that all we had was history to talk about. Well guess what coots, we still got history, but now we got something else going for us. We are back to winning the rivalry. We got a great head coach who has put together a great staff. We got great student athletes that want to play for Clemson. Meanwhile in cootville, the players quit on the coaches, the coach quit on the players,and all they got to talk about is history. 5 of the greatest years of their history include no championships, no BCS bowls, and absolutely nothing to build on for the future. They were right though, things will never be the same. Dabo will never let this program get back to the point were we have to listen to their crap. Yeah the coots might win another game in this rivalry, heck it's bound to happen some day. But things will never be the same... No more lovable losers, now they have expectations and have felt the joy of success. Gone are the years of the coots saying, "Oh well, will get em next year.", and being okay with that. Now they won't be okay with it. Now it will hurt. And while I want to show empathy, I just can't do it. Because while now I have more than just "history to talk about", I won't ever forget how obnoxious they were. I hope they enjoyed their fun because it's done. Clemson has owned this rivalry, they should have never forgotten that. But we Tiger fans didn't forget and soon again they will be reminded.
Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here are some delicious words from a 2011 column by a coot..

Oct 26, 2015, 11:34 PM

https://thoughtfulgamecock.wordpress.com/2011/06/04/clemsons-waking-nightmare/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Every man is my superior, in that I may learn something from him."

Awesome. Coots should be forced to read that blurb.

Oct 26, 2015, 11:52 PM

LMAO

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Reading it now, that's pretty funny. Wonder what that guy is

Oct 27, 2015, 2:43 AM

writing now?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just beat NC State.....................FOCUS please!***

Oct 26, 2015, 11:34 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can respect that. But where in years past,

Oct 26, 2015, 11:47 PM

I felt like the team needed constant reminders about focusing on the next game, I think this team has what it takes to handle this. Let Dabo focus on NCST, let's enjoy the ride!

(1) Take the high road. (2) Use Line Breaks.

Oct 26, 2015, 11:58 PM

South Carolina fans were classless in their few years of success. Let's not use that as a reason to be the same when Clemson stands for more than that.

Just curious how that post was classless?

Oct 27, 2015, 12:10 AM

Was it too real for you?

Why use line breaks for a single paragraph?

Oct 27, 2015, 12:11 AM [ in reply to (1) Take the high road. (2) Use Line Breaks. ]

Too hard for you to read?

Re: I want to show empathy for the coots, I really do but...

Oct 27, 2015, 12:01 AM

Is it worth commenting on a 4 year old article to post "bwaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaa hold on a second, bwaaaaaa ha haaaaaa!"? Don't no cause I'm not too up on Internet stuff.

For what it's worth, I too, hope that Dabo is our coach forever. The bloggers comments about coaching consistency are particularly ironic.

Re: I want to show empathy for the coots, I really do but...

Oct 27, 2015, 12:37 AM

You lost me at "...I really do...".

We'll you stuck around longer than I did.

Oct 27, 2015, 12:47 AM

Go Tigers!

Why, why the hail would you wish anything but gloom...

Oct 27, 2015, 12:48 AM

despair and misery on them?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well the truth is...

Oct 27, 2015, 12:56 AM

I have friends and family who are #### fans. For years I watched them suck and was fairly neutral. "Except for 1 game a season", I used to always say. But many of those people I considered friendly turned into absolute turds. Some became unbearable. I still have friends and family who are coots and I still respect them. But I have a hard time feeling sorry for them now.

Re: Well the truth is...

Oct 27, 2015, 3:59 AM

Same hear. I always took opinion when we were beating the coots regularly as "It's just the way it is" mentality. I never bragged or did two, three or four bombs at all. When they were winning it was just awful. They thought they really arrived. I kept telling them that Dabo was a good coach and would right the ship with regards to the rivalry. They would just laugh at me. I will continue to be humble and thankful for what our coaches and staff have accomplished.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, you don't choose your family...***

Oct 27, 2015, 4:20 AM [ in reply to Well the truth is... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well, you don't choose your family...***

Oct 27, 2015, 7:11 PM

That's for sure my dad his two brothers and one of my cousins are all coot tech graduates.... Smh

When anyone questions why we feel that way I simply respond

Oct 27, 2015, 7:52 AM
image.jpeg(51.6 K)

And I leave it at that. I will never feel sorry for those redneck jackarses. They brought this dumpster fire on themselves and I'll be d@mned if I don't take my time to enjoy it between wins.

Well I been drinkin and I thought it was a good post so

Oct 27, 2015, 6:51 PM

Shameless bump. Them wolfies bout to get their feelings hurt.
Go Tigers!

they had a division championship and 5th place rings***

Oct 27, 2015, 6:58 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic