Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Friday was all about the defense
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 2,584

New Story: Friday was all about the defense

Apr 4, 2014, 6:59 PM

Friday was all about the defense

News and notes following Friday's practice and interview session with Brent Venables. What does he say about the defensive line? What does he say about Ben Boulware and the other young players? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So at first he says he hopes to build a 2 deep @ linebacker

Apr 4, 2014, 11:22 PM

Then later in the interview when talking about TJ Burrell, he goes on to say that we do have a 2 deep at linebacker?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Friday was all about the defense

Apr 5, 2014, 7:42 AM

I feel like the DL will take some pressure off the younger guys in the scondary with opposing qbs have less time to pick receivers

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kellen Jones

Apr 5, 2014, 8:56 AM

What is the status on Kellen Jones? Has he recovered from his injury and participating in Spring Practice?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I want to see steward dominate, boulware will push him***

Apr 5, 2014, 10:43 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I want to see steward dominate, boulware will push him***

Apr 6, 2014, 3:12 PM

Yes Boulware will push him. And if Boulware can avoid injury with how wide open crazy he plays. That will be one of the easiest spots to fill next season b/c Boulware will have engrave his name in that starter slot in 2015. I wish we had a roster loaded with the Boulware type with the same motor.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Friday was all about the defense

Apr 6, 2014, 3:04 PM

A few of us remember, and some were young and remember only bits and pieces of our defenses in the late 70s through the 90s. That is when we had defenses that would knock the actual chit out of opposing offenses. Most of our games were always low scoring games b/c Clemson was a power run the ball first team. But for all of us old timers that remember those days very well, we will put those memories back where they belong if we can replace them with the same style defense added with our high octane, high scoring offense. We use to say that the best was yet to come. Well, after many years of hoping and wishing that the best would hurry up and come, I think that the best yet to come has finally gotten here. I, like all Tiger fans can hardly wait to see our Clemson playing as a complete Clemson Tiger FB team on Both sides of the football. I would be willing to give up everything that is great about summer fun just for our FB season to start next Saturday. But being that we don't have that option, our team will just get bigger better and stronger during the summer work outs. And ULGA, we will be coming to Sanford stadium in late August with bad unfriendly intentions in our hearts. Don't take personal, its just Football, the Dabo Swinney way. Gooooo Tigersssss!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 2,584
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic