Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Legit question: Dems say they are going to continue
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 810

Legit question: Dems say they are going to continue

Feb 6, 2020, 12:29 PM

investigations into Trump and Ukraine. What are they going to do with any info they get? Are they going to try to impeach Trump again? Isn't that some double jeopardy thing or something?

Or is that like OJ saying he's going to look for the "real" killer? Just something they say that sounds nice, and that's about all there is to it?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not double jeopardy...they can always impeach on

Feb 6, 2020, 12:30 PM

new articles if they find a reason to. However, I would not recommend this action to them. I would recommend that they get busy writing and passing good laws.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm an optimistic person...

Feb 6, 2020, 12:35 PM

I am also a realist. I think Trump will continue to Trump and the dems with continue to dem.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

as long as Trump is in office...

Feb 6, 2020, 12:33 PM

they are going to be looking for something.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's a given.

Feb 6, 2020, 12:34 PM

I just don;t understand their current course of action in regards to speaking to Bolton. Is it just a "something....ANYTHING" hunt at this point?

Get as much dirt out there

Feb 6, 2020, 12:36 PM

for ammo in the debates

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Part of the problem is there will probably be something, too

Feb 6, 2020, 1:11 PM [ in reply to as long as Trump is in office... ]

But Dems don't seem to understand that just because somebody is unfit for public office doesn't mean they have done something in office that will make enough people believe they should be removed from office.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I started to respond to what you said above...

Feb 6, 2020, 1:23 PM

I have prefaced with my opinion of Trump many times so I'll save it.

It has seemed pretty clear since day 1 that the lazy democrat politicians have been squawking about impeaching Trump. However, they had nothing but he's a jerk or they didn't like him. I say lazy, because even Nancy Pelosi rejected it.

This is what bitterness and hatred does. I have heard it said, "Bitterness is a poison we drink hoping that some one else will die." It hurts you rather than the object of that rage.

When this Ukrainian stuff came up, they jumped on it. I think by this point, many people had turned off the "Cry Wolf" channel that had been playing for 3 years.

Re: I started to respond to what you said above...

Feb 6, 2020, 1:52 PM

I very much agree

Feb 6, 2020, 2:01 PM [ in reply to I started to respond to what you said above... ]

The Ukrainian stuff would've been a bigger deal had they not wasted their time trying to tie Trump to Russia. Of course, maybe Trump doesn't care about what's going on in Ukraine if he wasn't obsessed with trying to get back at the Dems for the Russia stuff. I think we're now at the point where Trump would literally have to murder somebody for people to care about allegations made against him, and I'm not even sure a lot of people would care then.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm sure he'll do or say something dumb again.

Feb 6, 2020, 1:28 PM [ in reply to Part of the problem is there will probably be something, too ]

And you're right..it won't be bad enough to remove him from office, but enough to censure...like they should have gone after him with the Ukraine thing. They could have madethat happen, with enough pubs to agree with it, making the dems look somewhat better.

But they are still fighting the 2016 election.

Since it isn’t criminal court there is no double jeopardy

Feb 6, 2020, 1:49 PM

Seems wild, but they could bring the exact same articles again.

I only wonder if they continue on all of these re-investigations if it will ever backfire and they accidentally bring up dirt on Biden or someone else.

Or heck, if Biden keeps slipping in the polls he could be the perfect fall guy.

My guess is they'll use it for the election campaign

Feb 6, 2020, 3:00 PM

and not impeachment: part deux

This seems sketchy

Feb 6, 2020, 3:02 PM

Using public funds to investigate a political opponent for political reasons.

lol

Feb 6, 2020, 3:03 PM

Don't worry pubs will be doing the same thing with Biden (well, if Biden makes it to the nomination) as Lindsey and others have already claimed.

impeach everyone***

Feb 6, 2020, 3:04 PM

...I'm okay with that.

Feb 6, 2020, 3:06 PM

;)

This seems to be set up for the SCOTUS to..

Feb 6, 2020, 4:39 PM

weigh in on that very topic. Like every other legal topic surrounding impeachment there are two schools of thought. Roberts words when reading the verdict seem to say this case is decided. I'm not sure opinion, legal or otherwise matters since this group in the house have proven that impeachment is whatever is on the paper when they vote.

I doubt anyone or anything will keep them from impeaching the president again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Legit question: Dems say they are going to continue

Feb 6, 2020, 6:16 PM

OJ and Trump didn't do a thing. Witch hunt.

Re: Legit question: Dems say they are going to continue

Feb 6, 2020, 7:17 PM

I'm afraid that 'investigations' are here to stay. Bill Clinton was investigated for 4 years. Hillary was investigated by 7 different Congressional committees. Trump is still going to be investigated. It has become the norm.

Washington is becoming a reality show where 'gotcha' moments against each other are the priority now. This, rather than serving the people.

Replies: 19
| visibility 810
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic