Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Myles Garrett playing the race card now
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Myles Garrett playing the race card now

Nov 22, 2019, 10:43 AM

I wonder who got in his ear to blame his actions on a racial slur? I’m surprised it took him a week to bring it up. NFL says there is no “credible evidence” that Rudolph said anything during fight. If Garrett falsely accuses Mason of a racial slur to damage his reputation does Garrett get any extra suspension if proven false?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Proven false?

Nov 22, 2019, 10:49 AM

The problem is there is no way to prove one way or the other. One party says he used a racial slur, the other says he didn't.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I understand it’s a he said/he said situation...

Nov 22, 2019, 11:37 AM

I th8nk it’s just an easy out.. because you can’t really prove it, unless the nfl has audio. I think it’s a bad look if Garrett is just saying it to get some sympathy. It just my opinion if Logan really did say something it would of been the first thing Garrett mentioned after game, not the remorse he showed in the interview.

Re: Proven false?

Nov 22, 2019, 1:59 PM [ in reply to Proven false? ]

The problem is that it doesn't matter. If you say something offensive to me and I respond by trying to murder you, one of us is definitively more wrong than the other.

Re: Myles Garrett playing the race card now

Nov 22, 2019, 10:49 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Garrett wasn't trying to damage Rudolph's reputation

Nov 22, 2019, 10:53 AM

He wasn't even the one who put this out in the public. The NFL leaked it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Garrett wasn't trying to damage Rudolph's reputation

Nov 22, 2019, 11:21 AM

When a person is tied to stake with the wood pile surrounding them has a flame starting to build up, they will "say anything" to be released from the stake, or for someone to douse the flames!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Garrett wasn't trying to damage Rudolph's reputation

Nov 22, 2019, 11:34 AM

Seems the only one who heard it was Garrett, and his lawyer of course. I would sue for defamation of character and make him prove it happened. His lawyer would argue that Rudolph needs to prove it didn't happen and the defense of that would be there are 20 other players on the field and no one heard it but Garrett. Hardly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rudolph is a public figure, so that makes a defamation suit

Nov 22, 2019, 11:53 AM

much more difficult. If anything, Rudolph's defamation suit would be with the NFL who leaked the story.

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Did Rudolph whisper in his ear?

Nov 22, 2019, 12:23 PM

If not, his own teammates would have heard it and would not have been happy. Hadn't heard from anyone who witnessed the slur...
Wonder why? ; )

I don't know, I wasn't there. But that's beside the point

Nov 22, 2019, 12:48 PM

other than truth being an absolute defense. Since Rudolph is a public figure, he also has to prove malice in a defamation suit, which is tough since Garrett thought it was a closed-door, confidential setting.

A case for assault on the other hand...

Re: I don't know, I wasn't there. But that's beside the point

Nov 22, 2019, 3:29 PM

Yep, the assault suit is a slam dunk, and it wouldn't matter if Rudolph had said something about Garrett's mother!!! But that isn't just an assault case, Garrett could be charged with assault and battery, with a high and aggravated nature with a weapon. The helmet turned into a weapon the very instant it was swung and made contact with Rudolph cranium!!! ;)

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

Nov 22, 2019, 2:04 PM

Racism is very real and there are times when it needs to be confronted and squashed. However, far too many people scream racism at every turn and try to beat good people over the head with it like a club. When this happens it undermines progress and the real cases of racism.

Nov 22, 2019, 3:44 PM

That is the truth, the whole truth so help me God!!! Crying Racism is to often used when
Race/Racism was never an issue, and it can start to lessen the claim when race was really an issue, and it causes people to grow a thick skin toward the people that have a legit claim for Racism!!!

Nov 22, 2019, 4:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Myles Garrett playing the race card now ]

Wow! What a philosopher! Translated for us deplorables: The allegation is BS … and Garrett is a selfish, scum-sucking, low-life, race-baiting thug!

Too bad neither one was Mic’d Up for the game and

Nov 22, 2019, 3:41 PM

Then we would really know.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic