Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A BIG WEEKEND
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 2,318

A BIG WEEKEND

Jun 29, 2020, 8:55 PM

My daughter and I spent the weekend at "THE FARM" with my other daughter and her husband, three grandchildren and five great grands. The occasion was to celebrate my oldest grandson's 40th. birthday anniversary. No one lives at the farm regularly but it belongs to my son-in-law and the grandss and great grands go there regularly. There are eight bedrooms and seven baths so all of the group can stay there. One grandson is an avid hunter and has planted five acres of sunflowers and some corn to feed the doves. There are plenty of deer in the area plus a few wild turkeys. Always have a grand time there.

Message was edited by: Joe21®

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I trust "The Farm" . . .

Jun 29, 2020, 9:09 PM

has a creek, stream or pond on it somewhere . . . Heaven on Earth, sounds like!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A BIG WEEKEND

Jun 29, 2020, 9:53 PM

No place like “The Farm” in the country ....Home sweet home for me and my family .....thank you God for not putting me in a city.......Go Tigers!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A BIG WEEKEND

Jun 30, 2020, 6:20 AM

We have a small cabin here in the mountains that my Granddad built in 1931. Nothing fancy, but many memories abound!
Take care Joe!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of '87

Joe, Do you remember hand picking cotton on the farm? We

Jul 1, 2020, 8:09 AM

still did some of that in my early years, and my dad made me get in the fields and help the hired hands. NO, I didn't really want to go. Picking cotton is hard work, and very prickly as well. I found out real quick why the "professionals" who had been doing this awhile wore gloves with only the ends of the fingers cut off. No doubt we are the last generation, at least in the US, that will ever have that memory. Some things are NOT nostalgic. :)

ps. In my later teen years, the price of cotton had fallen off so badly that my dad quit planting it, going with only corn, wheat, and soybeans in the farm rotation. This did not make me unhappy at all!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 2,318
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic