Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question was Texas A&M moved to #4 to justify
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,371

Question was Texas A&M moved to #4 to justify

Nov 2, 2016, 4:47 PM

Alabama at #1?

To me we had the best strength of schedule and should be #1 but it Alabama beat a higher ranked team they could justify them as the #1 team, just my opinion/question?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

I totally thought the same thing.

Nov 2, 2016, 4:52 PM

The committee knew that the country would go crazy if Clemson was ranked #1 and the only way to justify Alabama being #1 was moving A&M to #4 knowing that it would work out later in the season.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Question was Texas A&M moved to #4 to justify

Nov 2, 2016, 4:52 PM

Tamu was moved to #4 because they deserve it more plain and simply.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why does Bama need justification at #1???

Nov 2, 2016, 4:54 PM

They've destroyed everyone they've played and their overall SOS is actually pretty close to ours. I doubt there was even much discussion about who would be #1. I think Bama is clearly in that spot right now.

Destroying everyone on the schedule is not a factor...

Nov 2, 2016, 5:38 PM

according to the information the POC has published. A win is a win. I'm not complaining but we've beaten better competition to date according to stated SOS.

The 'eyetest's,' mainly focuses on such tripe and 'game control,' and margin of victory and should be used only when all else is equal. It is not in this case.

Close counts in grenades and horseshoes. Am I bitter? No, Bama's SOS will play out way above ours and they will earn the top spot or take a loss and give it up. I'm happy with our situation at this point.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Question was Texas A&M moved to #4 to justify

Nov 2, 2016, 4:58 PM

So really your question is should TAMU be ranked higher than Louisville to justify ranking Bama over Clemson. I think the clear answer is yes they should

Thanks for providing the first best answer.

Nov 2, 2016, 5:41 PM

+1

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They did it in case Bama loses to LSU and or Auburn, two

Nov 2, 2016, 6:02 PM

teams without a REAL shot at CFP...Can you imagine the outrage if Bama lost on Saturday and TAMU jumped 5 spots? It's a hedge, if Bama falters, they have A&M at least until they play LSU on the last weekend

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,371
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic