Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I would like someone to post one reason why the coaches
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 62
| visibility 1

I would like someone to post one reason why the coaches

Sep 8, 2014, 11:15 AM

should not be trusted on this QB issue. One.

Be careful here. Don't look like an idiot.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: I would like someone to post one reason why the coaches

Sep 8, 2014, 11:21 AM

1. Kyle Parker playing after the 2010 Auburn game when he had cracked ribs
2. Harper getting too many carries in 2010
3. "Kyle Parker is an NFL QB"
4. DJ Howard starting this season
5. DW still not starting this season after 2 games of showing that he's head and shoulders above Cole Stoudt in talent and production.
6. The many games that the coaching staff has made dumb decisions and lost it.

Yes I do think this coaching staff is capable of making poor decisions.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I even warned you to be careful

Sep 8, 2014, 11:23 AM

1, 2, 3, 4, 6, have nothing to do with this situation and are your opinion.

As to #5 - "head and shoulders about Cole" - how do you figure that and what is it based on.

Message was edited by: york_tiger®

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

You can't argue with 1-4....Everything but DJ has been

Sep 8, 2014, 11:32 AM

proven true...Time will prove he is right about DJ too...

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what does that have to do with Cole and DW's performances?

Sep 8, 2014, 11:37 AM

NOTHING

Re: what does that have to do with Cole and DW's performances?

Sep 8, 2014, 11:43 AM

You asked for someone to give you a reason for not trusting the coaches' decisions...not reasons about cole and DW's performances...

Don't get mad when we actually answer your question....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that's not a reason... that's an opinion...

Sep 8, 2014, 11:46 AM

nothing you can point to on the field this year

You need to re-phrase your question if you're going to get

Sep 8, 2014, 11:49 AM

all bunged up when people correctly answer it

Re: You need to re-phrase your question if you're going to get

Sep 8, 2014, 11:50 AM

He's upset because we actually answered his questions with several reasons that decisions shouldn't always be trusted.

Now he wants to flip it as if that's not what he meant by the question.

no... those are not reasons .. those are things you don't

Sep 8, 2014, 11:54 AM

agree with

Re: no... those are not reasons .. those are things you don't

Sep 8, 2014, 11:58 AM

Any reason that anyone could give would be things they don't agree with.

I've given you examples of bad decisions in the past. That's what you asked for. Accept you lost the argument and move on. This is like the big12 all over again lol

Re: no... those are not reasons .. those are things you don't

Sep 8, 2014, 2:22 PM

He's disagreeing with your points. The first couple are actual events. The last couple are just circular arguments related to decisions they've made this season. We don't have enough history yet to know whether they're right or not.

Perhaps sitting parker would have helped, but I'm not sure that Wade or RS Fr Tajh Boyd would have been better options. Wade was a good athlete, but wasn't a starting QB. We saw how ready he wasn't in the bowl game. He didn't become who he was going to be until a bad bowl game, a bad spring practice, and a great summer.

BTW, which key offensive coach was not on the staff in 2010, when all your "bad decisions" were made?

Those are examples of other times the coaches clearly got

Sep 8, 2014, 12:13 PM [ in reply to no... those are not reasons .. those are things you don't ]

it wrong

Re: Those are examples of other times the coaches clearly got

Sep 8, 2014, 2:24 PM

a) It's not clear that they got it wrong.
b) The guy making this call wasn't on the staff in 2010, when the only historic examples were cited.

Re: that's not a reason... that's an opinion...

Sep 8, 2014, 11:49 AM [ in reply to that's not a reason... that's an opinion... ]

Did you watch the 2nd half play calling vs UGA?????

And you think we should just accept what ever decisions?

Re: that's not a reason... that's an opinion...

Sep 8, 2014, 11:50 AM [ in reply to that's not a reason... that's an opinion... ]

U requesting a synopsis of why a two quarterback system doesn't work 90% of the time.

Re: what does that have to do with Cole and DW's performances?

Sep 8, 2014, 11:44 AM [ in reply to what does that have to do with Cole and DW's performances? ]

Facts, data, and statistics don't support these decisions. I'm not privy to the chads and dabo's epiphany'a. I'm guessing the millions of dollar question will be answered soon enough.

You questioned why our coaches judgement should

Sep 8, 2014, 11:48 AM [ in reply to what does that have to do with Cole and DW's performances? ]

be questioned and he gave you 4 great examples of personal errors in the past....What are you having trouble following here? He answered the question you asked clearly, with examples....Maybe you asked the wrong question guy...

Sep 8, 2014, 11:44 AM [ in reply to Re: I would like someone to post one reason why the coaches ]

Nothing can be said to quiet those that feel strongly about DW. I won't even try and I'll sit here and wait for something to happen to prove or disprove their belief. I for one do trust the coaches and hope they continue to make personnel decisions that best serves this team and future teams. Go Tigers!

Sep 8, 2014, 2:14 PM [ in reply to Re: I would like someone to post one reason why the coaches ]

Didn't you notice when he said be careful not to look stupid.

1) QBs play with cracked ribs all the time. I'm sure they made a difference in his performance, but I don't think that Mike Wade or RS Fr. Tajh Boyd would have given us a better chance to win.
2) If you'll remember Harper was the only healthy back to finish out the '10 season. If he'd gotten fewer carries early in the season, odds are that McDowell would have gone out earlier. BTW, while both were healthy, Hot Rod got most of the carries.
3) The Kyle Parker is an NFL QB quote from Dabo has a number of purposes, not the least of which is to give his QB additional confidence. Also, up until he got speared in the back by the Auburn DT, he looked like he could be an NFL QB. There certainly are less athletic QBs in the league today.
4) DJ Howard starting this season is actually the subject we're debating. Using it as logic for why the staff can be wrong is circular logic.
5) Another circular argument
6) Non specific generic circular answer.

While this may also be a circular argument, I think that one of the reasons we should trust the staff is the fact that you don't. Your analysis is so poor that it's a good bet you're wrong. It's like the Seinfeld episode where George realized just how much of an idiot he was and started doing the exact oppositte of what he thought he should do.

Because pheebo said so? In pheebo's defense, he did make

Sep 8, 2014, 11:23 AM

a series of contradictory statements in support of his foregone conclusion. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess this is a hard question for people***

Sep 8, 2014, 11:25 AM

Well, the coaches said Watson could run everything in the

Sep 8, 2014, 11:29 AM

offense. I don't understand why they would say that if it weren't true. Just tell us specifically what parts of the offense he can't run so we can make an informed decision and the FSU defense won't have to waste any time working on things they don't have to worry about when Watson is in.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Betting the Gamecocks can give you 5 reasons...think most of us are ready to end that.

??***

Re: ??***

Sep 8, 2014, 11:33 AM

It's simply put..you are saying "trust the coaches", right? So did you trust them when you watched Tajh go 0-3 vs the coots? Did you trust Tajh when he melted down in the game against Fl State backing up 20 yards to fumble it, throwing picks, then being in deer in headlights look on the sidelines again? Some of the lack of trust in the coaches decision is watching them consistently leave in a QB that is in a funk for loyalty due to "being earned"....which doesn't exactly preach "team effort". I understand the concept of why to be loyal, but it seems they'll allow the ship to sink for it rather than for one game, try the other to see if it was just someone's bad day then revert back to norm on the next game...

w-t-h??***

Sep 8, 2014, 11:36 AM

I has the confuse

Sep 8, 2014, 11:40 AM [ in reply to Re: ??*** ]

are you saying they should have started Cole for those games, and now they shouldn't be starting Cole?

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Re: I has the confuse

Sep 8, 2014, 11:56 AM

simple point...the backup might have possibly been the better guy for those, not the starter.

Sep 8, 2014, 11:27 AM [ in reply to Re: I would like someone to post one reason why the coaches ]

And before you look like an idiot, explain why that "trust in the experienced QB until he shows otherwise" wasn't the reason to the debacles of leaving in games he was melting down in....

are you speaking English?***

Sep 8, 2014, 11:30 AM

Re: are you speaking English?***

Sep 8, 2014, 11:37 AM

Yep. Seem to be countering your arguement too.

really? I'm not arguing anything. I just asked a question

Sep 8, 2014, 11:38 AM

and what games has Cole melted down in and DW did not?

Re: really? I'm not arguing anything. I just asked a question

Sep 8, 2014, 11:42 AM

Never said he melted down, but what game has Cole looked better?

Re: really? I'm not arguing anything. I just asked a question

Sep 8, 2014, 11:45 AM

However, the GA game, Cole didn't look as comfortable when the pocket collapsed (anybody will agree with that), Watson did...how did Watson look when that defender got his hands on him Saturday and he scrambled away for a 1st down? Look phased? At all?

cuz reggie woulda beat the coots, if they let him.

Sep 8, 2014, 11:28 AM

but an almost excellent point, york.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

I totally agree with that, but

Sep 8, 2014, 11:44 AM

that was our dearly beloved Tommy Bowden.

Sep 8, 2014, 11:31 AM

Repost after game 6.

again... you guys got nothin'***

emotional attachments to certain players/seniors that....IMO

have haunted him in the past

but his "snippy" responses to the media for asking legit questions about the QB "non-controversy" lead me to believe that he can't take the emotions out of the decision.

If he thinks COLE is "clear cut #1" that he says he is.............I want him to treat him like tajh last year.

I think it's unfair to both QBs to do what he's doing now.

flame away

You cannot answer this question

Sep 8, 2014, 11:34 AM

all you got is "Dabo's did this in the past" or you want to play on his words.

You are so adamant he's wrong, but can't provide ONE sound reason why.

yes, dabo's past of emotional decisions is a reason to be

Sep 8, 2014, 11:39 AM

concerned

hiring his buddy napier as OC was his first....that ended well, BUT i applauded him for firing him

the end of 2010 the kyle parker debacle was b/c of an emotional attachment

"Cole, have a seat b/c Dabo played Kyle Parker"

Sep 8, 2014, 11:40 AM

wth??? you got nothing from this season, do you?

other than the fact that watson's played better...no i don't***

you got that from 1 first half series against UGA?***

Sep 8, 2014, 11:45 AM

null

Message was edited by: york_tiger®

we've played 2 games........not one............

Sep 8, 2014, 11:48 AM

while it was SC State both played in an "apples to apples" scenario.........ie with 1st team offense vs 1st team defense (if that's what you wanna call it)

and you changed your question from reasons to trust/not trust the coaches to play of stoudt vs watson.........i gave you an answer to both anyway.

Because Kyle Parker kept playing after the Auburn game.***

Sep 8, 2014, 11:34 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Even better.....Because Kyle started the Belk Bowl...***

Sep 8, 2014, 11:52 AM

Sep 8, 2014, 11:36 AM

I'm hoping it's an ingenious plan.

Because

Sep 8, 2014, 11:38 AM

Will Proctor

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

I trust our coaches . They learned a whole bunch after Georgia . It's why we saw so much youth served from the start versus sc state ..

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

York, people are answering you but you are closemindedly

Sep 8, 2014, 11:53 AM

dismissing their responses. Nobody else wants to answer bc its clear you have your mind made up. If you want real discussion, don't be condescending.
FWIW, I trust the coaches are seeing something in practice we aren't, but DW has looked better in his very limited play.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I agree, he hasn't even deigned to respond to me

Sep 8, 2014, 11:55 AM

in this thread because he knows my arguement is too skrong

everyone's response is they don't agree with things Dabo has

Sep 8, 2014, 11:57 AM [ in reply to York, people are answering you but you are closemindedly ]

done in the past

Re: everyone's response is they don't agree with things Dabo has

Sep 8, 2014, 12:04 PM

Which answers points to your original question of "one reason the COACHES shouldn't be TRUSTED on this QB issue" (note the items I capped....where in that is a Stoudt/Waston arguement?)

Might want to concede....everyone has been pointing out the reason, you just want to turn this into a Stoudt vs Watson battle, which you've been fighting the last whole week like you have a personal stake in the matter.

Dude, that's life! You look for trends to help determine

Sep 8, 2014, 12:09 PM [ in reply to everyone's response is they don't agree with things Dabo has ]

what worked or didn't work in the past to infer the best course of action going forward. I work in an ICU, its how medicine is "practiced."
So when a coach has had a tendency to play the more senior over the better, or to make bad decisions in the past, it potentially becomes part of a trend and therefore a trait.
That said, I don't necessarily agree that DW should be in over Cole, but it is unreasonable to discount the points that have been made.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Would you be happier if they disagreed with things he will

Sep 8, 2014, 12:15 PM [ in reply to everyone's response is they don't agree with things Dabo has ]

do in the future?

Tiger Board is smarter than Clemson coaches***

Sep 8, 2014, 12:05 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^Winner***

Sep 8, 2014, 12:05 PM

Seem to be too emotionally attached to one of them***

Sep 8, 2014, 2:26 PM

I trust them because I can think of two good reasons...

Sep 8, 2014, 2:40 PM

I would play this situation the same way.

I wouldn't give up my game plan by telling anything. DW has less than a year in this playbook. OK, he knows the plays but there's a good chance he does not have the practical experience with it.

I think the transition from Cole to DW will be slow and methodical not instant. I think this could make DW much more comfortable and confident knowing that he isn't the starter and can't lose the starting job.

I know there must be more but that was enough to satisfy me on this issue.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2014, 3:04 PM

Does it occur to anyone that maybe, just maybe, that Cole has learned more plays than Watson? Maybe Watson only knows 10 plays vs Cole knowing 110! That would be a great game plan, play a QB that has 10 plays in his repertoire.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

B/c they are the coaches and all we can do is whine about it***

Sep 8, 2014, 3:12 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 62
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic