Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Please quit booing injured (or fake-injured) players.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 49
| visibility 1

Please quit booing injured (or fake-injured) players.

Oct 26, 2014, 8:16 AM

Completely classless. No way to know if they are faking so just stop.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll go one step ahead and say Quit boooing players as well

Oct 26, 2014, 8:23 AM

Cole was booed as well. As much as I think he is a terrible QB there is absolutely no reason for us to Boo him or any of our players. ACC Refs with boneheaded call, you are most welcome to Boo. Just leave players and opposition players Injured or not alone.

Agree completely, thanks for adding. I like how we act like

Oct 26, 2014, 8:56 AM

we are better than other fan bases and we have a bunch of dooshmonkeys booing our players and opponents who may be legitimately injured (no way to know).

Impossible to tell. Such a mystery. Better call the Hardy Boys***

Oct 26, 2014, 10:55 AM

nm

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

I don't condone booing players, but I sometimes get the vibe

Oct 26, 2014, 10:11 AM [ in reply to I'll go one step ahead and say Quit boooing players as well ]

those boos were directed at Morris and coaching staff b/c of play calls. Not excusing it, but that's a little easier to swallow considering those are grown men making millions.

Though when Stoudt fumbled while running, the boo birds went flyin and I'm pretty sure it was directed at Stoudt...

What about the "We want Schuessler" chant? That OK?***

Oct 26, 2014, 3:28 PM [ in reply to I'll go one step ahead and say Quit boooing players as well ]

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'll go one step ahead and say Quit boooing players as well

Oct 27, 2014, 3:33 PM [ in reply to I'll go one step ahead and say Quit boooing players as well ]

No one in the stands can tell without a doubt that a player is injured or not so booing is stupid and classless. My God, Clemson is better than that, in my opinion. As for booing a Clemson player, you are just a dumb A$$, they deserve better than that!

Re: I'll go one step ahead and say Quit boooing players as well

Oct 27, 2014, 3:51 PM

Boy some of you are thick. Let's go over this again..when I am watching the end of the play and I watch the cuse player(completely fine I might add) look over to the sideline and then point to the ground as if he's asking "you want me to fall down?" And then he just flops down...yes,I'm going to boo

What about the one who left the sideline on crutches?***

Oct 27, 2014, 4:01 PM

Re: What about the one who left the sideline on crutches?***

Oct 27, 2014, 4:28 PM

Did not boo him..saw him immediately grab his foot/leg. In fact guy next to me started booing and I told him player was injured

At least you were paying attention

Oct 27, 2014, 4:30 PM

a lot of fans weren't

I never saw any player look to sideline and point

Oct 27, 2014, 4:13 PM [ in reply to Re: I'll go one step ahead and say Quit boooing players as well ]

I have a great feeling you're making that up. Just stop booing

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I never saw any player look to sideline and point

Oct 27, 2014, 4:25 PM

Nope..not making up. Have seen several others on here say the same. Again..if I see that crap I'm gonna boo. Got some serious candy a$$e$ on here today

What example are we setting for young tiger fans?

Oct 27, 2014, 4:44 PM [ in reply to I'll go one step ahead and say Quit boooing players as well ]

When our kids are playing youth sports, we teach them to take a knee when a player is injured and to clap when the player walks off the field. What are we teaching the young tiger fans when we boo?! Do those of you who boo, also boo at your sons' football games or is this only reserved for college games? We're better than this Clemson fans!

I totally agree.

Oct 26, 2014, 9:03 AM

I realize that I'm an old guy now (55), class of '81, but i'm pretty
embarrassed about this and how our fans rail against our QB in the stands and
on message boards etc. Clemson people just don't seem to even know what class is
any more (some, not all of course)

Re: I totally agree.

Oct 26, 2014, 10:03 AM

Class dont win games. Quit feeling sorry for him. Hes had 5 yrs. Be for real. R u a fan

4 years. Stoudt is a Sr that did not redshirt.

Oct 26, 2014, 10:39 AM

I wish the announcers would quit calling him a 5th year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Diff being injured and hurt if hurt you can get off field on

Oct 26, 2014, 9:05 AM

your own but every time you are hurt you fall to the ground as probably coaches have instructed them to do deserves a boo and the boo is more for the coaching staff

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you still have no idea. End of story.***

Oct 26, 2014, 9:09 AM

When a player flops to the ground...right when you

Oct 26, 2014, 10:36 AM

can tell we have offensive momentum...lays there for a good 3-4 minutes then trots off to the sideline, sits by himself (isn't examined) and he's in 2 plays later? No way of telling? Come on man.

THEN HE DID THE SAME ####### THING THE NEXT CLEMSON OFFENSIVE POSSESSION.

Syracuse was faking injuries on defense and everyone in Death Valley knew, including Dale Gilbert. It was ridiculous.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Diff being injured and hurt if hurt you can get off field on

Oct 26, 2014, 3:12 PM [ in reply to Diff being injured and hurt if hurt you can get off field on ]

They can't get off the field. That is why they fall down.

If a team is huddling they can hobble off. If you are relying to run a play every 5 seconds they could cost the team a penalty. It's simple.

One of the players who got booed

Oct 27, 2014, 3:55 PM [ in reply to Diff being injured and hurt if hurt you can get off field on ]

went to the locker room on crutches.

Even if they might be faking, how about showing a little compassion for your fellow human beings?

Fans even booed when one of the Syracuse WRs went down hurt. Did they think the Orange were trying to slow down their own offense? Just ridiculous.

Time for a new NCAA rule

Oct 26, 2014, 9:11 AM

New rule proposal - If game play is stopped due to an injured player, that player must leave the game and is not allowed to re-enter the same game until at least 15 minutes has elapsed off the game clock. The player suspension is waived if a timeout is used or if the team chooses to accept a 5 yard delay-of=game penalty.

Seems fair to give sufficient time to adequately evaluate legitimate player injuries, yet appropriately penalizes teams that fake injuries.

That would lead to hurt players staying on the field

Oct 27, 2014, 3:57 PM

and exacerbating injuries, players hiding concussions, etc.

A rule like the one you proposed would be incredibly dangerous and likely result in game ending, season ending, and even life-altering injuries.

Re: Please quit booing injured (or fake-injured) players.

Oct 26, 2014, 10:01 AM

What kind of fan are you. I bet your daughter plays sick to aviod school and u are clueless if she is playing sick or sick. Anyhow your not the fan u think u are. Maybe you should have worn a sryc jersey. Whata classless is we work our ### off at conditioning 5vplay34s dont get hurt in a role be for real. Bi5ch about something else. Maybe you should coach them at doing a better job faking it and sell your season tickets if u own any

Oct 26, 2014, 3:22 PM

Say what?

Oct 27, 2014, 3:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Please quit booing injured (or fake-injured) players. ]

Can someone translate this shart?

Oct 26, 2014, 10:08 AM

Please shut up. That sounds as dumb as u normally do. Grow some balls

Oct 26, 2014, 10:15 AM

Agreed. We are going to mess around and some kid is going to get a neck injury or something serious and youtube will have all of the Clemson faithful booing him as he lays there unable to move.

We know people will fake injuries to slow us down.. us booing them wont stop them from doing it so lets drop it.

Cry wolf enough and probably. No one seems to care

Oct 26, 2014, 10:38 AM

that Syracuse is the classless group here.

Yeah, no way of knowing. None at all.

Oct 26, 2014, 10:32 AM

\https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CGkWrBTbKI

You're using tape from the UGA game to prove something that

Oct 26, 2014, 2:52 PM

happened last night. Also, it's fine to critique something in hindsight, but at the time during the game, you have no way of knowing if he's flopping or if he's got a torn ACL. And it doesn't matter how many times you say that you are a doctor from the stands, you have no idea.

Re: You're using tape from the UGA game to prove something that

Oct 26, 2014, 3:09 PM

The booing didn't start until the 3rd or 4th time they flopped...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree that there were injuries that were not boo'd early

Oct 26, 2014, 3:19 PM

in the game. How does that prove that subsequent ones were illegitimate? Even if they were illegitimate, is it really the crowd's job to judge it from the stands and boo like they know?

I usually save the name calling for the coots, but

Oct 27, 2014, 2:56 PM

you're a moron.

Re: I usually save the name calling for the coots, but

Oct 27, 2014, 2:59 PM

Couldn't have said it better myself

Because I don't have tape of the Syracuse game yet.***

Oct 27, 2014, 2:53 PM [ in reply to You're using tape from the UGA game to prove something that ]

It'll stop.

Oct 26, 2014, 3:24 PM

One day there will be a serious injury in DV, and ESPN will have footage of our fans booing the player, and they'll play it twenty times that week. That'll be the wake-up call for our fan base.

Some fans even booed when their offensive players went down with injuries. Idiots.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also, a solution to the problem is to boo

Oct 26, 2014, 3:27 PM

when the 'injured' player comes back on the field. Unfortunately I feel like this would take an attention span longer than 45 seconds, which is hard to come by these days.

Nice point. Say, you don't happen to have their email

Oct 27, 2014, 4:29 PM [ in reply to It'll stop. ]

address do ya? I'm thinking we can try that for the woohoo.

At least we aren't flipping the bird to an injured player

Oct 26, 2014, 3:31 PM

being carted off the field.

When I see a player look to the sidelines to get a signal to fake an injury I will boo..

Oct 26, 2014, 3:40 PM

I will always boo teams that cheat to win. Cheating, now that is classless

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Um ... what signal would that be?

Oct 26, 2014, 4:40 PM

How would you know? Just take it for granted that the player is hurt. It is not going to kill us to show some class.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you're watching the game it's obvious.***

Oct 27, 2014, 2:57 PM

By the way, this guy is seriously crazy.***

Oct 27, 2014, 3:47 PM [ in reply to When I see a player look to the sidelines to get a signal to fake an injury I will boo.. ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You paid your $$$$ - do what you want***

Oct 26, 2014, 4:52 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 27, 2014, 3:10 PM

The booing was disappointing. We should be better than that.
There's a school down the road that enjoys having a redneck douche-fest at their games.
I'd rather see empty bleachers in the Valley than a bunch of their kind in orange, which is what I saw Saturday night.

Unboolievable....

Oct 27, 2014, 3:12 PM

BOOOOOO!!!

Oct 27, 2014, 3:45 PM

Happy Halloween! ;)

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 27, 2014, 5:54 PM

will be glad to stop when they stop flopping!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 49
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic