Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I took a look at FL’s COVID-19 numbers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 565

I took a look at FL’s COVID-19 numbers

Aug 6, 2020, 12:59 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

think for yourself sheeple!

Aug 6, 2020, 1:01 PM

I still don't want it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: think for yourself sheeple!

Aug 6, 2020, 1:03 PM

Re: I took a look at FL’s COVID-19 numbers

Aug 6, 2020, 1:06 PM

being in the hospital at 85 and above is a crap shoot no matter what

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FOLLOW THE SCIENCE!! oh, wait***

Aug 6, 2020, 1:15 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you making a case for the nanny state?

Aug 6, 2020, 1:17 PM

There's a 4.7% chance I could be hospitalized, let's roll the ####ing dice!

https://books.google.com/books?hl=en&lr=&id=qbtEmn2bXiMC&oi=fnd&pg=PA35&dq=heuristics+decision+making+kahneman&ots=a-ZU_Vjwve&sig=ngD4qYsc7XzEK5lN5mChS4MP4eQ#v=onepage&q=heuristics%20decision%20making%20kahneman&f=false

Maybe I'm looking at the wrong chart.

Aug 6, 2020, 1:51 PM

I just looked at what you posted. In your age group (that's 80,803 cases of the 504,768 total), assuming you get a positive covid test result in Florida, you have a 13% chance of hospitalization, and a 4% chance of dying.

In South Carolina, if you get a positive test result, in your age group (41-50 per SC data), you have a 3.3% chance of dying.

What am I missing here. Unless you're taking the total covid case number as the universe of cases among all ages to compare your own situation, and not the ones in your age range. Maybe that's how you rationalize it, who knows. Once you step out of your age bracket, the statistics become incorrect, as you're factoring in all people younger and older. Since numerically more cases are BELOW your age group, this greatly impacts your statistic. And makes it incorrect.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That’s the same mistake the WIS reporter made

Aug 6, 2020, 1:57 PM

That, and there are undoubtedly a LOT more positives than

Aug 6, 2020, 2:19 PM [ in reply to Maybe I'm looking at the wrong chart. ]

what are being tested. And..I don't think all the deaths that have been attributed to Covid should have been.

I found an article in June that said that about 40% of people of all ages who get it don't even show any symptoms at all.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I don't think all the deaths that have been attributed to

Aug 6, 2020, 2:27 PM

Covid should have been."

Why do you feel that way? You look at the last 5 years of overall mortality in the United States and we're 150k over normal, with 130k COVID-19 deaths tagged (outdated)...if anything we *may* be underreporting COVID-19 deaths.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: "I don't think all the deaths that have been attributed to

Aug 6, 2020, 2:30 PM

https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/2020/07/15/tracking-covid-19-excess-deaths-across-countries?fbclid=IwAR3BJ4bRZ6-XfPaatJ5blICNV9j80hqyCM3bOOA4vY86zT6z2lDQzA_M8EM

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisondurkee/2020/07/21/nearly-a-third-of-americans-believe-covid-19-death-toll-conspiracy-theory/#719506ea40ab

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

I know it's real because I have firsthand accounts but

Aug 6, 2020, 2:33 PM

I looked at a another dashboard view and

Aug 6, 2020, 3:04 PM

Well, with dad they said they couldn't test him for covid

Aug 6, 2020, 3:48 PM

after death. His oxygen level dropped to 82 and he was gasping for air just before he passed. They also had not taken his temperature in several days, which was odd. But Mom asked that he be tested and the hospice nurse said you can't test after death. She gave some excuse about the nose drying up, etc. We found that was a flat out lie. So dad died of heart failure. Will never know if caused by covid or not. Doesn't really matter to us, but probably does to the nursing home.

So there's my first hand experience with an under-count, or potential under-count. Without a test, 99% of covid deaths are heart attacks, strokes, or respiratory failure. Even dementia is not a proximal cause of death.

And remember, zero people have ever died from covid. Zero people have ever died from AIDS as a matter of fact. AIDS and covid are not proximal causes of death. For both it's usually respiratory failure. Sometimes with covid it's a heart attack or stroke. But technically, it's NEVER covid that kills. And if you don't test for it, then it gets lumped into those other higher categories, which is happening at nursing homes, I presume.

There is no motivation to over-report covid deaths. And like dad (possibly), a lot are going down as other causes, hence those spikes for the other causes. There's $20 trillion worth of reasons to under-report covid deaths, and no reason to over-report them unless you want to claim it's to oust Trump or some other BS.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2020, 2:04 PM

If we are lucky COVID19 will infect people repeatedly like the common cold and lower life expectancy in this country back down to 65. This would save the tax payers Billions in Medicare and social security. Saving Medicare and lowering health care costs will be Trumps lasting legacy and contribution to this country and for that he deserves a lot of praise.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And gets rid of the obese and other unhealthy

Aug 6, 2020, 2:15 PM

Re: And gets rid of the obese and other unhealthy

Aug 6, 2020, 2:23 PM

Boomer Aides is what I like to call it. It is pretty amazing when you think about, trump completely eliminated the need for retirement.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Traffic will be better too. Like Bill Burr said, we need a good plague.

Aug 6, 2020, 3:17 PM [ in reply to Re: I took a look at FL’s COVID-19 numbers ]

Thin out the herd, get rid of the weak. If you’re healthy, just throw on a sweater, you’ll be fine!

Aug 6, 2020, 2:35 PM

looks like catching a souped up cold, cant believe we dumped our economy over that

Aug 6, 2020, 2:38 PM

Replies: 19
| visibility 565
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic